Exercise equipment from Walmart

Options

Replies

• pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Why Dexter, fancy seeing you here!

Not getting it... there's nothing science-y...

I'm guessing he's talking about "Dexter" the serial killer on showtime.
    http://www.sho.com/sho/dexter/home
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Save up and buy adjustable dumb bells.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I bought the Gold's Gym resistance band set with DVD for under $30. I take it with me when I travel and sometimes use it at home. It's held up for years so far and the workout DVD is great. Really get ya sweating. There's so much more you can do with the bands too. I believe it was money well spent. That leaves you a bit left over to get a decent jump rope too. Get the one with the ball bearings in the handles if you can find it. Might have to look on walmart.com for it.
  • jadedjade24
    jadedjade24 Posts: 127
    Options
    I get some of my stuff from Wally World. I recently got Dancing off the Inches DVD set that came with toning bars for about 25 bucks, and they have another one for 20 with out the 1 1/2lbs weights. I also got a few Gold's Gym products to help me loose water weight in my hips and tummy for 10 and 4, respectively. All of these are working out really well for me!
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Cap Barbell workout bars... I got a couple for Mom's Day as well. I've been focusing on doing more lifting - these bars are great for just 'free lifting' but also press one up when doing squats, put one behind your neck (across shoulders) when doing lunges... they come in all different weights (from 5lb to 20lb)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cap-Barbell-Workout-Bar/11099775

259gwaq.jpg
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Jump rope (some of the best cardio), resistance bands (great strength training that you can customize), yoga mat (comfort for core exercise), maybe some new workout clothes too, and you should be able to get it all for under $50.00 there
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical bike and a mini trampoline that I got at wal mart. I do the bike when I cant go outside and walk. It switches things up a bit :)
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you might be better off spending that money on something else. Better quality fitness equipment can be found used on craigslist for less money. Why not check it out?

I bought a gold's gym elliptical from Walmart, I was skeptical at first so read tons of reviews all over on the equipment etc.

It is a nice piece of equipment for paying around $250. So sometimes they do have a pretty good quality. I love it and have had no issues. I also own a few smaller things like hand weights and resistance bands from there, all in good shape after years of abuse. It all depends I guess.
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I got a $50 gift certificate to Walmart for Mommy's Day! I want to get some equipment or tools to help in my journey. Do you have any suggestions?

I was looking at this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Drive-Medical-Deluxe-Folding-Exercise-Peddler-with-Electronic-Display/12248733
    but not sure how great of a work out I'd get.

The only things I currently have are 4lbs weights and a 4lbs kettle bell.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

Jen

A good duffel bag, duct tape and a couple bags of sand!!!

2 immediate first thoughts...
    make your own heavy bag and redrum, just saying ha ha ha ha
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Haven't been mentioned yet

Danskin weighted hula hoop .... $20 .... and fun!
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Here is the point of an exercise ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl22PN-Ua-o
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I got a $50 gift certificate to Walmart for Mommy's Day! I want to get some equipment or tools to help in my journey. Do you have any suggestions?

I was looking at this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Drive-Medical-Deluxe-Folding-Exercise-Peddler-with-Electronic-Display/12248733
    but not sure how great of a work out I'd get.

The only things I currently have are 4lbs weights and a 4lbs kettle bell.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

Jen

new work out clothes
    new work out shoes
    yoga mat
    heavier weights and kettle bell
    jump rope
    weighted hula hoop (lol don't judge, it's fun!)
    protein powder (I like their body fortress brand)
    vitamins
    other wellness products - body washes, lotions, candles, lounging jammies

I'd say DVD's as well but lately I've been taking advantage of all the free work outs on youtube
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Hahaha, so apparently my suggestion was a little creepier than I though. :D Seriously, a good duffel bag, some duct tape to reinforce it, and then fill it with varying amounts of sand... and you have a good, cheap lifting system. Sure, you won't be doing 250# squats, but you could do 80.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Hahaha, so apparently my suggestion was a little creepier than I though. :D Seriously, a good duffel bag, some duct tape to reinforce it, and then fill it with varying amounts of sand... and you have a good, cheap lifting system. Sure, you won't be doing 250# squats, but you could do 80.

Yeah, sorry, it immediately put me in mind of those scenes where Dexter goes to the hardware store... Don't forget the plastic wrap!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

I'm a she. Sniff.
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This makes for a great workout!

I so want a heavy bag! But my husband is already scared that I have Everlast boxing gloves that I bought for my kickboxing class. LOL. He won't let me try on him any moves that i learn. LOL.

But I would try for some basic things that have been mentioned already first: dumb bells, jump rope, yoga matt, exercise ball, etc.
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Balance balls focus heavily on your stabilizer muscles. A very excellent tool for strengthening your core if you're using it right. And yes, you fall off the ball quite frequently when you're starting. Just make sure you're not exercising near sharp objects.

Yeah, but you could just do yoga... more functional and does not require a gigantic, uncollapsible piece of equipment.

A cubicle mate of mine used to sit on one instead of a chair and it went down one day. I was standing there talking to her and it starting going down- not really fast, but fast enough she looked very surprised and let out a yelp. Of course that ruined it for all of us that wanted to do the same thing, safety concerns and all.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

I'm a she. Sniff.

Oops.
    How about a stability or medicine ball?
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Take that 50 dollars and use it for food. Lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I love their exercise clothes, the Danskin brand. I don't pay ridiculous amounts for exercise clothes (like $50 for some Nike pants, I just cant justify it! My shoes are a different story, lol)