Does the fat smell go away if you become skinny again?

Options
I'm 6'0 265 pounds. And I stank horribly. I take showers I do everything i'm suppose to from a hygiene perspective. But I been told I smell like garbage from a few close friends. Ever since I got fat. Anyone else go through the whole skinny then fat then skinny and notice if they smelled better when skinny compared to when fat? I'm just not sure if this fat people smell thing is a myth or losing weight will help or its something else. Thanks.

Replies

• ThoseLittleCats
    Options
    i knew a women who waz bigga then u an she stank even tho she took showerz everyday. so maybe its tha weight
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am fat and I smell ****ing fantastic.

So no, not a fat thing.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I smell fantastic!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    No, it's not a fat thing. Some people just have a different scent. It might be something that you are eating. You might try eliminating one thing at a time to find out what it is.

I have one son who just has such BO. It makes my eyes burn. It started when he was about twelve and has just gotten worse and worse. I don't know why. He showers though, but the smell just won't come off of him.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    iv e never smelled nasty i wouldnt know
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    No, it's not a fat thing. Some people just have a different scent. It might be something that you are eating. You might try eliminating one thing at a time to find out what it is.

I have one son who just has such BO. It makes my eyes burn. It started when he was about twelve and has just gotten worse and worse. I don't know why. He showers though, but the smell just won't come off of him.

Ive heard botox is a solution for excessive sweating.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I dont think its a fat thing.... unless by being overweight the person is sweating more..
  • whierd
    Options
    I smell fantastic!

I need to sniff you to make sure.
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    I don't mean this bad at all but I do think it has something to do with being bigger (not saying fat). I have a sweet friend at church who weighs a good 400 plus lbs. Horribly sad and she smells. I would say yes it'll go away.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I smell fantastic!

*lifts armpits* yes yes?
  • kluedesigns
    kluedesigns Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i've been both skinny and fat and my smell hasn't changed.

its not a fat thing - if you smell its related to something else going on with your body
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    What the wha?

I most certainly do not smell bad, I am told by people close enough to get a whiff of me that I smell delightful.

Something is not right there friend....

tumblr_inline_mg0v1wXbEf1rao0jp.gif
  • whierd
    Options
    I smell fantastic!

*lifts armpits* yes yes?

Good deoderant!! Dove?
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It is known that the act of burning fat is a dirty process. I know that I have to brush my teeth three times a day or my breath is so bad that I NOTICE it. I don't know what all of the chemical byproducts of metabolized cellulite are but they can be stinky. That said, I do change my clothes and use deodorant and cologne for the sake of the other poor folks around me.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 265 pounds. And I stank horribly. I take showers I do everything i'm suppose to from a hygiene perspective. But I been told I smell like garbage from a few close friends. Ever since I got fat. Anyone else go through the whole skinny then fat then skinny and notice if they smelled better when skinny compared to when fat? I'm just not sure if this fat people smell thing is a myth or losing weight will help or its something else. Thanks.

You need to a) get new friends, and b) check if you REALLY know what good hygiene means.
    And believe me, there are lots of skinny stinky people out there,
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't recall where I heard it but here goes.. it's a yeast or bacteria growing in the folds of your skin because they can't air out. So I would think it'd go away if the folds go away....?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    But I been told I smell like garbage from a few close friends.

With friends like that. If a friend told me I smell like garbage, he'd be finding a new buddy. ;)
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I smell fantastic!

*lifts armpits* yes yes?

Good deoderant!! Dove?

Shhh, it's a "secret"
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It can be a problem if they are unable to reach to clean themselves properly. Sweat builds up and bacteria can grow. If a larger person bathes frequently and thoroughly, it shouldn't be a problem unless they have a medical condition which may be causing odor.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't recall where I heard it but here goes.. it's a yeast or bacteria growing in the folds of your skin because they can't air out. So I would think it'd go away if the folds go away....?

yes.