Why do girls like to show their boyfriends off?

whierd
whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
Why is it when I am dating a girl, they always want me to meet their friends and family? Is it a mocha thing?

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    I want all them b#tches to know what I've got.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member

You SCARY
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    I'm the opposite. The thought of a guy I'm dating meeting my family (3 older brothers and crapton of uncles) scares the begeezus out of me. No thanks. Not sure if it's a matter of him not measuring up or them scaring the hell out of the guy, but just... no.

ETA: I did bring exactly two guys home to meet the fam: my uncle made fun of one for looking like a model (it was NOT meant as a compliment) and my very Cajun grandfather asked the other if he was (I(eye)-talian) based on his last name. In fairness, he was Italian. haha
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Why is it when I am dating a girl, they always want me to meet their friends and family? Is it a mocha thing?

Yes.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member

I think that my wife does this.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Because I like to show off my toys. But if anyone touches them...there will be pain!!!!!!
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Shallow.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Just stopping in to show off my boyfriend....
  • whierd
    Ice coffee sounds amazing.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member

^^^ This
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    .. is it not normal to meet your significant other's friends and family? i don't get why this is a problem lol if its strictly sex then i totally understand, but if i'm dating someone and its a few months into the relationship and it is getting serious i want them to meet my friends and family - partly for approval and partly to show him off haha :laugh:
  • whierd
    Just stopping in to show off my boyfriend....

STOP SMOTHERING HIM
  • whierd
    .. is it not normal to meet your significant other's friends and family? i don't get why this is a problem lol if its strictly sex then i totally understand, but if i'm dating someone and its a few months into the relationship and it is getting serious i want them to meet my friends and family - partly for approval and partly to show him off haha :laugh:

#Stalking
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    if you were dating taunto, you'd wanna show off this gift from god to women too!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    My girlfriend has met my entire family.....except for my wife.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm shallow and insecure. The fact that I was able to land a guy at all is a miracle. I just want to point at him and say "See? I'm not a total loser after all!"

If my bragging offends anyone, don't fear. He only lets me out with him once a month or so. Usually when it's dark outside and pretty late.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Men can generally compartmentalize better than women. You're my woman, that's my family, these are my friends. Women want you involved.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    macha isn't a real word
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    nope nope...he stays in my dungeon, tied up.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    I'll have them meet my friends after a couple of weeks of dating to get their honest opinion. I've had problems with wearing rose-tinted glasses. As for meeting my family, I try to avoid that as much as possible.