How to GET a butt?

timberowl
timberowl Posts: 331 Member
I'm trying to lose weight off my back and waist, but I would like to put mass on my glutes (I have a flat butt). I've been doing lots of squats and lunges with kettlebells. It seems to be helping.

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    tumblr_mi3uasEREN1r7w8cbo1_500.gif

Not that I know of.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Squats squats and occasionally...squats
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Genetics might have something to do with this... squats will just improve the look of what you do have, they won't give you something else entirely
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    this could get interesting
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Genetics might have something to do with this... squats will just improve the look of what you do have, they won't give you something else entirely

Oh but they will, squats build the muscle, muscle can get bigger :) Big butts woo!
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    in because I want to have a sweet *kitten* too
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    I vouch for squats with kettlebells. I lost 4 inches of my *kitten* tho in 4 weeks, 4 off hips 4 off waist and 1 off each thigh by doing 120 squats a day with a 10kg kettle bell but i have more definition and way less fat. I don't really know how you would go about bulking up tho so to speak other then lifting really heavy. Bumping to read responses laters xx
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member

Oh but they will, squats build the muscle, muscle can get bigger :) Big butts woo!

Your shape is genetic. You can tone, firm and smooth your *kitten* but is it gonna take on a whole new life and form? I doubt it.

Your sacral curve is actually a bony structure... it doesn't care what the muscle on your butt is doing... how much your *kitten* sticks out is nothing to do with exercise otherwise all girls doing squats would all have booty *kitten* like beyonce and they really don't...

Come on now, this is mental :huh:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Butt inplants?
  • ddeaa2
    ddeaa2 Posts: 3
    SQUATS!! ALL DAY ALL NIGHT SQUATS and say hello to the perfect butt :)
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    I understand your pain. For years people called me hollow bum because i had so little down there. Running really improved it. It is still tiny but now its it looks good. Since I have started working out and losing weight I have received generic comments about how good I look and comments specifically about how good my bum looks, no other part of my body has received any attention!
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member

Your shape is genetic. You can tone, firm and smooth your *kitten* but is it gonna take on a whole new life and form? I doubt it.

Your sacral curve is actually a bony structure... it doesn't care what the muscle on your butt is doing... how much your *kitten* sticks out is nothing to do with exercise otherwise all girls doing squats would all have booty *kitten* like beyonce and they really don't...

1. Is the butt (glutes) a muscle?
    2. Does the squat stimulate the glutes during the lift?
    3. Does stimulating muscle during lifting elicit growth?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    I had big glutes when I used to speed skate. Taking up rollerblading should help too.
  • chattyrat
    chattyrat Posts: 3
    yep, squats should do it!
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    I've almost completed a 30 day squat challenge I'm on day 29, and it's shown some improvement for me...I think I want to try it again, with weights....
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    You can definitely get a bigger rounder butt with heavy squats. I went from having a totally flat butt to having "squat butt problems" with jeans. Bulking helps.
  • OmegaAlpha007
    OmegaAlpha007 Posts: 70 Member
    Lisa is getting all kinds of lessons from G :D
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    i've only ever done about 3 squats in my life and mine is not shrinking any time soon. i don't know if i want to start if it'll just get bigger! LOL
  • workout_fish
    workout_fish Posts: 67 Member
    'Drop it like a squat'
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member

The glutes are the largest muscle in your body and can grow like any other.

Also, pelvic bridges are another exercise that can help as an accessory to squats.