How to GET a butt?

Options

Replies

• lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Genetics might have something to do with this... squats will just improve the look of what you do have, they won't give you something else entirely

Oh but they will, squats build the muscle, muscle can get bigger :) Big butts woo!

Your shape is genetic. You can tone, firm and smooth your *kitten* but is it gonna take on a whole new life and form? I doubt it.

Your sacral curve is actually a bony structure... it doesn't care what the muscle on your butt is doing... how much your *kitten* sticks out is nothing to do with exercise otherwise all girls doing squats would all have booty *kitten* like beyonce and they really don't...

Come on now, this is mental :huh:

1. Is the butt (glutes) a muscle?
    2. Does the squat stimulate the glutes during the lift?
    3. Does stimulating muscle during lifting elicit growth?

yes.... which is why I said you can firm, tone and smooth it with exercise. You can certainly improve what you have... but you don't get given something else. Most women inherit breast, *kitten*, hip size and shape from their mothers/grandmothers

I am small. I have small boobs, small waist, big *kitten*, just like my mum and my sister and my nanna. My best friend is tall. She is skinny with big wide childbearing hips, big boobs and a flatt *kitten*, exactly like her mum. Exercise improves on our existing shape but it does not change it.

But hey, if you think a girl who by her own admittance has a 'flat butt' can turn that into a big bootylicious curvaceous *kitten* that she is in no way genetically predisposed to have through lifting weights and squatting then who am I to rain on your parade... :drinker:
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Barre classes have helped my butt and thighs...
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Genetics might have something to do with this... squats will just improve the look of what you do have, they won't give you something else entirely

Oh but they will, squats build the muscle, muscle can get bigger :) Big butts woo!

Your shape is genetic. You can tone, firm and smooth your *kitten* but is it gonna take on a whole new life and form? I doubt it.

Your sacral curve is actually a bony structure... it doesn't care what the muscle on your butt is doing... how much your *kitten* sticks out is nothing to do with exercise otherwise all girls doing squats would all have booty *kitten* like beyonce and they really don't...

yes.... which is why I said you can firm, tone and smooth it with exercise. You can certainly improve what you have... but you don't get given something else. Most women inherit breast, *kitten*, hip size and shape from their mothers/grandmothers

I am small. I have small boobs, small waist, big *kitten*, just like my mum and my sister and my nanna. My best friend is tall. She is skinny with big wide childbearing hips, big boobs and a flatt *kitten*, exactly like her mum. Exercise improves on our existing shape but it does not change it.

But hey, if you think a girl who by her own admittance has a 'flat butt' can turn that into a big bootylicious curvaceous *kitten* that she is in no way genetically predisposed to have through lifting weights and squatting then who am I to rain on your parade... :drinker:

:noway:

I think you'll find that there are many more people who agree with what I have said, I went from having a bum to having an *kitten*, though squatting with 110lbs on my shoulders, it's worked for me and it works for others :ohwell:
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You can definitely get a bigger rounder butt with heavy squats. I went from having a totally flat butt to having "squat butt problems" with jeans. Bulking helps.

'squat butt problems'

:laugh:

that's new, I like that
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely right. Look at figure skaters.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

I think you'll find that there are many more people who agree with what I have said, I went from having a bum to having an *kitten*, though squatting with 110lbs on my shoulders, it's worked for me and it works for others :ohwell:

* Fist bump* Worked for me too. No longer being able to fit into my jeans because of 'squat butt'.
  • yoyofighter
    yoyofighter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    walking on the treadmill at 15 incline 3 speed
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    'Drop it like a squat'

tumblr_lq2i3d6Bm91qlz36g.gif
  • MrsBobaFett
    Options

* Fist bump* Worked for me too. No longer being able to fit into my jeans because of 'squat butt'.

*Double Fist Bump* :flowerforyou:
  • MrsBobaFett
    Options
    'Drop it like a squat'

tumblr_lq2i3d6Bm91qlz36g.gif

LOL!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,594 Member
    Options
    The strongest (and best) my lower half ever looked was when I biked about 20-30 miles a day and lifted weights at the gym. I added hills into my biking trail (mostly street biking) and that made a difference. I don't think you'd have to bike quite that long, but I rode daily and switched off upper and lower muscle groups in the gym back then. My legs and butt were real strong- wish they still were! Hopefully once again, I have a way to go and a couple back surgeries under my belt, so I have to be more careful. I DO think it's possible with lower body work. I had one friend who was very thin without much of a butt until she started using a Stairmaster daily.

That was 15 years or so ago, but I was surprised to see the change in her shape after she'd been using it for awhile!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    In for a vote for weighted squats, squats and more squats. Butt DOMS feel good and my big butt has never looked better!
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    In for a vote for weighted squats, squats and more squats. Butt DOMS feel good and my big butt has never looked better!

AMEN to that! :drinker:

tumblr_lul4qoiSE81r13ces_zps3a9221a9.gif
  • MrsBobaFett
    Options
    Does this mean I've been squatting close to my bodyweight for no reason at all? :sad: :grumble:
  • 0OneTwo3
    0OneTwo3 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    why all the focus on squats? its a correct answer but just one exercise. no one is even mentioning deadlifts (which train the glutes at least as well as squats.) and what about romanian deads and good-mornings and kettlebell swings etc.?

Bodyweight squats won't trigger much growth btw. I recommend Weighted exercises in a 5-12 rep range.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    why all the focus on squats? its a correct answer but just one exercise. no one is even mentioning deadlifts (which train the glutes at least as well as squats.) and what about romanian deads and good-mornings and kettlebell swings etc.?

Bodyweight squats won't trigger much growth btw. I recommend Weighted exercises in a 5-12 rep range.

Derp, she's squatting whilst lifting weights close to her bodyweight. I'm fairly certain that will stimulate growth.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    <
    squats, squats, squats, deadlifts. I went from flat to butt in 4 months
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Squats
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    Squats squats and occasionally...squats

no better answer...none
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

You're confusing carrying fat in your *kitten* with having large glutes.