How to GET a butt?

Replies

• RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Squats, squats, squats, lunges, deadlifts, squats.....then more squats.

Doing all of them with weights is even better.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Squats, deadlifts, straight legged deadlifts, hyper extensions, hip thrusts, and hill sprints.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    <
    squats, squats, squats, deadlifts. I went from flat to butt in 4 months

Wow!!! very impressive...Im off to do some squats and get the booty i always wanted but never had :)
  • 0OneTwo3
    0OneTwo3 Posts: 149 Member
    why all the focus on squats? its a correct answer but just one exercise. no one is even mentioning deadlifts (which train the glutes at least as well as squats.) and what about romanian deads and good-mornings and kettlebell swings etc.?

Bodyweight squats won't trigger much growth btw. I recommend Weighted exercises in a 5-12 rep range.

Derp, she's squatting whilst lifting weights close to her bodyweight. I'm fairly certain that will stimulate growth.

that was a response to OP and not dircted at GeorgiGirl88. i did get what was meant there.

i just wanted to point out that "tons of" squats are not necessarily triggering more growth.

high reps low intensity doesn't offer the right stimulus for hypertrophy. thats why i recommended weights and bodybuilding rep-ranges
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member

yes.... which is why I said you can firm, tone and smooth it with exercise. You can certainly improve what you have... but you don't get given something else. Most women inherit breast, *kitten*, hip size and shape from their mothers/grandmothers

I am small. I have small boobs, small waist, big *kitten*, just like my mum and my sister and my nanna. My best friend is tall. She is skinny with big wide childbearing hips, big boobs and a flatt *kitten*, exactly like her mum. Exercise improves on our existing shape but it does not change it.

But hey, if you think a girl who by her own admittance has a 'flat butt' can turn that into a big bootylicious curvaceous *kitten* that she is in no way genetically predisposed to have through lifting weights and squatting then who am I to rain on your parade... :drinker:

First off, you can't actually firm, tone, and smooth a muscle. Muscles either hypertrophy or atrophy depending on stimulation and diet.

Second, while some women are genetically predisposed to Nice *kitten* Syndrome (NAS) it is more than possible to develop the syndrome through training the muscle in a manner that stimulates growth. And if you're eating to support that growth than you will certainly develop the muscle just like any other.

Third, hips and boobs aren't muscles which is why exercise can't really do much for them.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Not sure what it's called but helps the glutes and the hamstrings... lay on your back and place your mid calf on a ball(like the big excercise ones). Lift your core/hips creating a bridge, for extra stability you can place your arms on the ground at your sides. Next bring your knees in rolling the ball to your feet while keeping your hips straight. Roll back down, and repeat for 3 sets of 10 reps (When I started I could only do like 4 reps with good form)
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Squats make me gain quad faster than glute, which I didn't want. I'm doing single-leg glute bridges instead (might have to add weights soon), and I've noticed a difference within a month (I started with seriously underdeveloped glutes - I think it's a physiology thing with how I do squats, since I never feel anything in my glutes from squats!)

Edit: This:
    Single_Leg_Glute_Bridge1.png
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    squats
    front squats
    single leg squats
    step ups
    box jumps
    dead lifts
    stiff leg deadlifts
    walking lunges
    moving sumo squats
    jump squats
    hip thrusts
    clam (from brazil butt lift)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    If you learn how to do hip thrusts properly and go really freaking heavy, that's going to do more for your butt than any other singular exercise, including squats. HOWEVER, there's no reason you can't (or shouldn't) do all of it ... back squats, front squats, goblet squats, wall squats, conventional deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, good mornings, reverse lunges, kettlebell swings ... these are all good ideas.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    tumblr_mi3uasEREN1r7w8cbo1_500.gif

I just lost 5 minutes.
  • saudade88
    saudade88 Posts: 29 Member
    I've been doing 7 things:
    1. different variations of glute bridge
    2. squats
    3. deadlifts
    4. sumo squats
    5. glute kickbacks
    6. hill running
    7. HIIT

for the last two months and I am very very happy with my butt now. wouldnt change it for anything ;)
  • CassandraChloeJ
    CassandraChloeJ Posts: 47 Member
    Bump.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    I do squats, deadlifts, lunges, leg curls, etc.

But there are two exercises that give me the best results and those are sprint intervals and glute kickbacks on the machine. If you're looking to develop a specific muscle, then add in an iso exercise that targets that specific muscle. I do 3 sets of 10 reps twice a week.

I agree with the above poster somewhere up there who said that you should think like a bodybuilder and target that muscle. Look at curl bros. They've got big guns and nothing else because they curl, curl, curl. Just think of part of your workout routine as being the "booty girl" equivalent.
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Running or walking on an incline will help too. Ever since I started training for a half marathon, my boyfriend has been telling me that my butt is bigger. Which he apparently intended to be a compliment...
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Lift heavy, that is all!
  • jessicapetert23
    jessicapetert23 Posts: 26 Member
    Just like ANY other muscle...it will not GROW unless your eating a surplus of calories ALONG with the heavy lifting. But it will not just grow there, you will get bigger every where else also.
  • cmpollard01
    cmpollard01 Posts: 246
    I will be happy to share mine with you! I have more than enough for two...if you figure out how to do a transplant, let me know!
  • 0OneTwo3
    0OneTwo3 Posts: 149 Member
    tumblr_mi3uasEREN1r7w8cbo1_500.gif

i would so flag that rep.

depth is just an inch short of being legal...
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    YES, get some leg weights and do:
    1) kneeling leg lifts
    2) Leg abductions
    3) Heel taps
    4) Dead lifts
    I do these and my whole *kitten* is usually on fire after. I usually do the squats as well.