Foods that can kill your diet

Options

Replies

• trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    For me it's sweets! I think my insides are made of sugar! BUT, when I don't log everything I eat I feel like I'm not truly holding myself accountable - even when I go over by a WHOLE lot of calories! At least by logging it I am physically checking the calories and I can see the damage I am doing. Often this will keep me from having two days in a row of really bad choices. If I don't log sometimes I fool myself into thinking I didn't eat that much, which can definitely derail my weight loss because it usually isn't true.

So, enjoy your wings. Maybe even try lower calorie wing recipes from time to time. You can always get in an extra workout to cover the extra calories as well. I do that sometimes too. But keep on logging so you know exactly where you are. My hope is that one day sweets won't be such a problem for me. Maybe one day wings won't be as much of a problem for you either. Until then, do your best.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    On the border Chimichangas.... or taco salad from anywhere in that deep fried devilishly delicious shell.... 1,000,000 calories, 100% saturated fat in every bite. (might as well be) :cry:
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love everything- especially on the day where I eat something I wouldn't normally like hot wings. I find that seeing the numbers on paper afterwards helps me make the visual connection to the damage I have done and makes me a bit stronger when faced with temptation in the future.
    Plus, I print off my diary and take it to my trainer 3 times a week- having him raise an eyebrow at my choice is a good motivator too.

Oh duh- Freudian slip much? I meant to say " I log everything...".
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well sweets mostly thats why they are in the basement and on my highest shelves, I figure if i really need /want them it makes me work for it and i live in a 2 floor place so going in the basement gives me minute to think if i really want it,putting them on the highest shelf helps me because I'm only 4ft 10 so I have to get chair to reach them, believe me it helps. I do eat sweets but in moderation.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    MMMM hot wing are my fav, I also have an issue with pecan pie.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Chips for me, especially Funnyuns! I've gotten pretty strong about having a serving size of normal chips, or however much I'm allotting. But that bag of Funnyuns is done!
    And beer, though I really don't drink like I did as a younger adult. But even just having 3 or 4 over a nice Saturday adds up!
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I just saw a recipe for hot wings on the Today Show. They made it from boneless chicken breasts and drizzled hot sauce over them and baked them. For the blue cheese, they had a dip made from greek yogurt. Supposedly 145 calories per serving or so. You should try to find it!

And the food that makes me fail is always late at night, when I want to snack and reach for chips. I log it though, to keep myself accountable.

Oh, you're killing me Miss, you're killing me. :) Sounds like it's not too bad. I'll give it a shot.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I just saw a recipe for hot wings on the Today Show. They made it from boneless chicken breasts and drizzled hot sauce over them and baked them. For the blue cheese, they had a dip made from greek yogurt. Supposedly 145 calories per serving or so. You should try to find it!

And the food that makes me fail is always late at night, when I want to snack and reach for chips. I log it though, to keep myself accountable.

Oh, you're killing me Miss, you're killing me. :) Sounds like it's not too bad. I'll give it a shot.

Jason, this is a Eating for Life Chicken Wing recipe. I make it a couple times a month for my boys and they love it. If you are keeping an eye on your sodium intake, I'd suggest you cut down on sodium the day you plan on eating this meal. If you're interested in the recipe, I have it at home and can PM to you.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options

Jason, this is a Eating for Life Chicken Wing recipe. I make it a couple times a month for my boys and they love it. If you are keeping an eye on your sodium intake, I'd suggest you cut down on sodium the day you plan on eating this meal. If you're interested in the recipe, I have it at home and can PM to you.

Okay, I'd appreciate it. Oddly enough, I do take blood pressure meds and I do monitor my sodium even more than I monitor calories. But I guess one day of eating these won't hurt. By all means, PM it to me. Thanks AZ!
  • badjuju775
    badjuju775 Posts: 47
    Options
    On the border Chimichangas.... or taco salad from anywhere in that deep fried devilishly delicious shell.... 1,000,000 calories, 100% saturated fat in every bite. (might as well be) :cry:

I'm addicted to Taco Bell's Taco Salads to the point that I think I need an intervention... bad, bad, bad
  • betaleonis
    betaleonis Posts: 178
    Options
    I log everything, no matter what.

I've had two really crazy days since starting to log. One planned, one not.

Interestingly, they've both come after a three week plateau (or slow down), and in both cases I had a sudden drop in the next few days, followed by resumed steady weight loss.

Sometimes a little lapse can be just what you need, so long as you can get back on the horse afterwards.

SO true. A spike once in a while is a very good thing.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Chocolate :( My husband bought me a couple of chocolate bars for Mother's Day and I could. not. stop. eating them! They were so, so delicious. I can't keep any chocolate in the house or else I just eat it.
  • tilesteven
    tilesteven Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me, it is most definitely Mexican food. I can't stop until everything from my plate, the chip bowl, my kids plates etc. are all gone.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

I'm addicted to Taco Bell's Taco Salads to the point that I think I need an intervention... bad, bad, bad

I make this version of Turkey Taco Salad and it hits the spot while still keeping within macros. Very satisfying. http://caloriecount.about.com/crunchy-taco-salad-recipe-r62920
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    alcohol big time... i just stopped logging it so that I wouldn't feel guilty and not eat... not a good thing to do if you are going to be consuming alcohol :)

I play/spectate a softball type game and the tournaments are all day starting at 8 am and usually going till nightfall... thats a full day of day drinking and the night time afterparty as well... I logged it once... thousands of alcohol calories... and I drink light beer and vodka-diets! I just chalk it up to a good time and motivation to hit the gym hard the next week (or two!)
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Cookies. Once I get into the bag of cookies I can't stop. I don't generally keep them in the house otherwise I know i'll binge & kill my calories for the day.
  • beckyscarp
    beckyscarp Posts: 2
    Options
    For me it's red wine and the snacking that accompanies it. I keep saying I won't do it tonight. Then tonight comes.....
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    hahaah i do the same thing. if i overeat or froyo is put in front of me... i just give up for the day :drinker:
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    hahaah i do the same thing. if i overeat or froyo is put in front of me... i just give up for the day :drinker:

What's "froyo"?
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options

What's "froyo"?

Froyo is short for frozen yogurt. I just looked it up. What we do without google? :)