• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Good sourdough bread
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's all about discipline
    Sometimes it's not. I respect that view and all, but it's just not always about discipline. There are folks with deeper trouble than a discipline issue.

Absolutely agreed. I have come to the conclusion (and I've always really known it) that my eating is not really an issue. But the more I focus on it, the more obsessed I get, and the hungrier I always am. When I don't think about it, I make healthy choices and really am on track no matter which way you look at it. THAT's when I lose weight. When I obsess, I gain EVERY time. The problem is, food did not get me where I am. I was 35 years old and weighed 150 lbs (right on track for 5'10"). I was put on a medication which caused me to gain 120 lbs over a 4 month period. When I went to the doc he told me I ate too much and I was lying about everything else. Now, 13 years later and another 60 lb bump up due to a medication change, I am weaning OFF the meds and recently decided to stop worrying about my food. The only thing I did differently is start taking Lasix because I'm fairly certain at least 40 lbs of what I'm carrying is water weight (that's as much as I've gained overnight). Now that the water weight is easing off (lost 5.5 lbs in 2 days), I can move easier and now I can be more active.

Discipline? I don't think so. Messed up freaking metabolism? Oh yeah!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I crushed some $0.65 wings at BWW today.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies are not allowed in this house. I will eat them until my stomach hurts. I have zero self control around them.
  • Imapla67
    Imapla67 Posts: 19
    Options
    Once, every 5 months or so, I have a 'Kapsalon' it's a huge meal from the Netherlands.

It contains fried fries, kebab (meat), cheese melted over it and a lot of garlic sauce.

Most of 'em have around 1800 calories! This is one hell of a calorie-bomb. This one really messes up your logging

Visual: 1537-20080703-kapsalon.jpg
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    LOL- Wow! That's enough to feed an entire high school football team.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    I crushed some $0.65 wings at BWW today.

Discounted hot wings will kill my daily diet every time. Oh yeah, I usually chase them with beer. I always gain a good 5-10 lbs during football season for this reason.
  • ThoseLittleCats
    Options
    ice cream, wendys.. :sad:
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I just saw a recipe for hot wings on the Today Show. They made it from boneless chicken breasts and drizzled hot sauce over them and baked them. For the blue cheese, they had a dip made from greek yogurt. Supposedly 145 calories per serving or so. You should try to find it!
    I do something similar. I put chicken breasts in the crock pot with some cilantro and a healthy dose of buffalo sauce (sans butter), and slow cook them for about four hours. Shred them, serve them on a small tortilla with romaine and feta. It's amazing and I find it satisfies my hot wing craving.
  • ThoseRabbits
    ThoseRabbits Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    wendys :sad:
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any pastry especially homemade cupcakes and cookies. I can't control myself. Also pizza and bacon
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I used to eat ridiculous amounts of wings and/or pizza when given the opportunity, but I'm much better these days.
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you eat it log it!!! You are not doing yourself any favors by omitting your binge eating in fact that is sabotaging yourself setting yourself up for failure IMO. Sure I would love to eat my sugary ooey gooey snacks but am trying not to. But if I did eat something I am not supposed to I would be HONEST about it and log it The world sees what you try to hide its there for all to see
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options
    Dairy Queen. Last month, because it was my final exam period of my BA degree, I was resorting to comfort food so often that my fiance and I were going to get ice cream DAILY. That's been the hardest food missed since being on my diet. But to be fair, I miss ALL sweets, because I have a dangerously bad sweet tooth - especially for chocolate, but I pretty much ate anything :S
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    Back in the day, Taco Bell was my fast food guilt pleasure but of course, I was stuck on 160 lbs back then and it didn't matter what I ate. ;)
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Are these hot wings from buffalo wild wings or rings n thing? If so, I can see that. They taste so good, especially with a pitcher of beer. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I don't get out anymore, so I have to go with homemade baked goods including cookies and cake.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Sugar anything.

And peanut butter...
  • Thewatcher_66
    Options
    Anyone ever try "almond butter." I hear it's a good alternative to peanut butter.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever try "almond butter." I hear it's a good alternative to peanut butter.
    It's okay. I wasn't wildly impressed. It is thinner than peanut butter, and the taste is good. BUt something about it just seemed weird. I had one with no added ingredients, almonds was the only thing listed in the ingredients.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    oy i just remember another one TACOS... specifically BREAKFAST tacos.... i love breakfast foods any time of day :blushing: