Men: long hair or short?

Options
iwantniceabs
iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
I have had long hair for a few years now and I made an appointment to cut it for later this week. I'm excited for a new look, but my sister and I were talking and it got me wondering - guys - do you have a preference about what length and style of hair your girlfriend has?

just curious :)

Replies

• sstan03
    sstan03 Posts: 102
    Options
    I prefer my wife to have long hair. For the most part she has kept her hair long but occasionally she has cut it quite short and then regretted it.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    long and straight unless you can pull off curly. Or if you look hot short I'm cool with that too.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I am obviously not a guy, but I have had both really short hair and long (half way down my back) hair. I think it depends on the guy. Some guys really don't care, but some do. My bf didn't like it when I cut my hair off, but he didn't say much about it because it's mine. (And he didn't like it when I kicked him in the shin for saying it looked like I was a homosexual) When I had shorter hair previously and was single, it didn't seem to scare men off or anything. I guess there is no way to tell if someone didn't hit on me because of my hair, but then again I wouldn't care. If someone were shallow enough to not look past my hairstyle to see my sparkling personality and grand sense of humor they could buck off anyways. :bigsmile:
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Long...need something to grab onto
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am not a guy, but my husband all but demands I keep my hair long. I have joked before about cutting it to my chin (it is in the middle of my back) and he was like noooooooooooooooooooo!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Pffft.

Like any of us are looking at your hair.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Long hair.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Not a guy, but keep it long. Men typically like long hair at least from my hair-pulling experiences.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    long
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Doesn't have to be long, but I prefer "not short". As in, down to the chin or shoulder at least. Chest is ideal. Past that, diminishing returns.

That style where it's long in front and short in back is really cool, too.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've had long hair for years and just cut it short. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from it. Only one person didn't "like it" and so far, he has only seen pictures of it and not yet in person.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Looooong hair. Unless you're sporting double D's, then it's your choice.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Long for sure...hard to make "reins" with hair if you only have 2" of hair to hold onto!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I am not a guy, but my husband all but demands I keep my hair long. I have joked before about cutting it to my chin (it is in the middle of my back) and he was like noooooooooooooooooooo!!

My boyfriend is the same way haha.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Long.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Long!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Long for sure...hard to make "reins" with hair if you only have 2" of hair to hold onto!

i can't grow long hair--it's thin and it breaks. it's almost always above my shoulders.

...but i always keep it long enough to grasp. for ME. :devil:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    My bf likes mine short and long, I think he likes it better short though. I have mine in the victoria beckam style so I really like it. I had long hair most of my life but I love it short now I'm not sure I'd go back to long. I do not miss all the time I had to spend on it.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Not a guy, but keep it long. Men typically like long hair at least from my hair-pulling experiences.

QFT!!

I keep my hair long for only selfish reasons ;)
  • Enic03
    Enic03 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It really just depends on what makes you look better! Some people can't pull off long hair and some can't pull off short hair. I've always had my hair long and one day I cut it short when guys told me not to. Next thing I knew those same guys said it was really hot when it was short. Just do it and if you end up not liking it at least it will grow back! I've been all over with hair over the years and it's usually not a man's first concern when they see you