INSANE in the MEMBRANE!! (INSANITY GROUP)

Options

Replies

• The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I started May 6th as well! Gained 3 lbs the first week but lost 2 this week! I weigh currently 197 lbs so it's harder for me being heavy, but I LOVE IT! I love how much I sweat and how much stronger I've gotten!
  • obrien821
    obrien821 Posts: 215
    Options
    I started May 6th as well! Gained 3 lbs the first week but lost 2 this week! I weigh currently 197 lbs so it's harder for me being heavy, but I LOVE IT! I love how much I sweat and how much stronger I've gotten!

That is awesome! I love hearing your enthusiasm!! Welcome to the team, the_new_christina.
  • obrien821
    Options
    486669_364349230333259_186267542_n.jpg
  • sbookhardt
    sbookhardt Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm starting Insanity on Monday! I'm nervous. It'll be my first time. I want to lose between 50-60lbs (not within the INSANITY time frame, just in total). I hope I can do this!!
  • oostkoot
    oostkoot Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you so much! My advice is to keep going, keep pushing play and DIG DEEP even if you feel you can't make it! :happy: Go at your own pace, but push yourself. I am exhausted, but ready to keep going! Shakeology has been a HUGE help as well.
  • oostkoot
    oostkoot Posts: 3
    Options

Girl, I started at 188! WE can do this! :happy:
  • obrien821
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm starting Insanity on Monday! I'm nervous. It'll be my first time. I want to lose between 50-60lbs (not within the INSANITY time frame, just in total). I hope I can do this!!

You will do great. Have faith in yourself and stay committed. Thanks joining our crazy train!
  • obrien821
    Options

Have faith in yourself and keep pushing! You will be able to reach your goal. Glad you are pushing through with us starting Monday!!
  • obrien821
    Options
    POST FOR SUNDAY:

Are you ready?

Eat well today. Remember, what you eat today factors into how good of a workout you have tomorrow. Give yourself the energy to be successful.

Set a time to hit your fit test tomorrow, and stick with it. A lot of people think they can just work out when its convenient to them. This winds up being later and later, and a lot of the time this is what leads to you quitter. I want to see you all be successful!

Remember to take your before pictures, and your measurements. You are going to want these.

The biggest thing I can say is, step on that scale tomorrow. And then do not step on it again until day 63. This program is not for weight loss. First of all, weight includes muscle and fat. And we really don't want to get rid of muscle. This is why the number on the scale will probably go up a bit - you might be putting on muscle, which will make your weight go up - but muscle is more dense than fat, so you will see the changes in your measurements. and this is what matters.

I want you all to be doing this for the right reasons. Focus on the challenge of the program. And you will see the results. Focus on only the results, and you will find this experience to be very, very challenging.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Just keep that in mind.

You will struggle. Its going to be hard. But, each day, focus on doing the best that you can. If you can only complete 35% of the video on day 1, that's fine! The next day, strive for 37%.

If you can't do the moves, try to do something. Don't let yourself just sit there and watch. Jog in place, do jumping jacks, something. It's about keeping that heart rate up. And in time, you will get stronger. I promise!
  • obrien821
    Options
    I am excited for this journey to begin!

FOR THOSE WANTING TO THE JOIN THE FB GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/359982110752124/

Make sure that you take the fit test, your before and after pictures, and your measurements.

Be sure to come back here or on the fb group and talk a little bit about your initial thoughts, obstacles, and successes.
    Just a reminder - make sure you all calculate your calorie goals via your respective program. If you don't have the guide, I can help you out with that. You can also go to the Eat Smart >> Nutrition Tools >> Caloric Needs tab and calculate it that way on the Beachbody site. That number will prob be off, so if it seems funny to you, send me a message and we can talk about a plan that will work for you.

I want to make sure that you guys are not under eating. So make sure you know your caloric goal from beachbody, not what myfitnesspal.com tells you. You can change your myfitnesspal profile to whatever calorie goal you want, and % macronutrients.

If you have the myfitnesspal app, you can see a nice pie chart of your macronutrient breakdown (what % carbs, protein, and fat) This is important!

The most important thing out of all of this is - get to know your body. Listen to your body. If you feel like you are weak, or hitting a wall, you might need to be eating more. You also might want to try adding an extra complex carb in your diet - something like a side of quinoa/couscous or a baked sweet potato. This can make you feel like a powerhouse in the next day's workout. I also drink the p90x results and recovery formula, and that helps me too. But if you can do it with just eating right and no supplements, that is the goal.

Water - I would like you all to aim to drink 1/2 of your weight (lbs) in fl oz of water per day.This is important to flush out toxins in your body and also for muscle growth and repair. When you dehydrate your body just a little bit, you have a SIGNIFICANT loss in muscle strength. Your muscles don't like this. So make sure you treat your body well.
  • stargirlsarah
    stargirlsarah Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here starting Insanity this week? I am starting tonight and looking for a buddy!
  • obrien821
    Options
    Is anyone here starting Insanity this week? I am starting tonight and looking for a buddy!

I know there are a couple in here that are starting today! Workout buddies is a great idea!! That's why I formed this group! I have a gal on my private fb group starting today as well. I'm in my second week (starting today) if you'd like to partner up! Stay positive, motivated and keeping your eyes on the prize.
  • obrien821
    Options
    ROLL CALL!!

Who's hittin' the deck today with INSANITY and starting their journey? Where's my committed peeps!!?

* don't forget to list your test results (if comfortable doing so) * this helps everyone stay motivated and strive to achieve our goals!
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Im starting month 2 today, anyone else? Add me :)
  • obrien821
    Options
    Also, I changed the settings of the group on fb. That is why no one could find it by clicking in the link above. Let me know if you still have issues!
  • charleboiss3
    Options
    Hey all!

Insanity Day #1-completed Fit Test this morning...holy frig am I ever out of shape! Still feeling the burn, hours later and have the shaky legs. :)

How do you all track your insanity exercise on myfitnesspal to get an accurate reading??
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Doing the fit test tonight! I am so excited... tried Insanity about a year go but had an injury that required me stopping. Looking to have my clothes fit better by the end!! Feel free to add me :)
  • obrien821
    Options
    Doing the fit test tonight! I am so excited... tried Insanity about a year go but had an injury that required me stopping. Looking to have my clothes fit better by the end!! Feel free to add me :)

Hey there, tc41586! I'm glad to hear that you are able to start Insanity back up! You'll have to let us know how you did on the fit test. The fit test alone is an awesome workout!
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

Insanity Day #1-completed Fit Test this morning...holy frig am I ever out of shape! Still feeling the burn, hours later and have the shaky legs. :)

How do you all track your insanity exercise on myfitnesspal to get an accurate reading??

Track as in what? Calories burned? HRM (Heart Rate Monitor). I recommend the Polar FT7 but have heard others talking about the F4 also.
  • Storm1017
    Storm1017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's because you are are gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. The fact that you are staying at the same weight but losing inches shows that you are losing fat and gaining muscle to replace that fat. As soon as you build up your muscles, you should start to see the weight decrease. I would recommend not looking at the scale. You should try an rely on a tape measure to track your progress. Keep at it!