Why do people show off their dogs?

Options

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    A big high five to dogs and those who love them!

[ img ] http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/48/418/48418_104.jpg [ /img ]
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    48418_104.jpg
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options

48418_104.jpg

Fixed! And adorable!!! :love:
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Who can resist all the adorable faces? I love my yellow lab!
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Aww! He's so cute. Is he a cockerpoodle? I have a black cocker spaniel and he has smooth fur, just wondering the breed type.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Apparently dog owners don't know how to post pictures.

SMH.

Had to go back and quote this.

Teach a dog to do fun tricks. No problem. :smile:

Learn how to post a picture? :tongue:
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Why do people post stupid, pointless threads?

Here, have a puppy:

prunella.jpg[

Aww! He's so cute. Is he a cockerpoodle? I have a black cocker spaniel and he has smooth fur, just wondering the breed type.
  • FuzzyDicePHL
    FuzzyDicePHL Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What I don't get is why anybody thinks other people want to see what they drive -- car, truck, bike, ATV... Folks pose for pictures with their vehicles all the time like somebody else actually cares.
    I love you.

I don't get why people in trucks need to rev the engine when they drive by, like I might be turned on by the sound of their engine rattle and the black smoke to follow. No. Just, no.

it's likely one of the few ways they can show others that they have any modicum of power as a person -- even if it doesn't come from within. But at least they can buy it from Ford on a five-year loan!
  • FuzzyDicePHL
    FuzzyDicePHL Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My hairy daughter:

mollyclose.jpg
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    <
    cause my dog is so awesome he photobombs me!

tumblr_lpp4xjSG531qh9an6o1_400.png

tumblr_m0117d4XzL1rof9uqo1_500.jpg

note: these pics are not my English Shepherd, Remy, but he looks exactly like them.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Because they are so photogenic and they make me happy! The little one is a foster and the other two are mine.

ba353222-a974-4863-9231-5654e36d01b6_zps8d686e7f.jpg
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Here, have a puppy:

prunella.jpg[

She's an Australian Labradoodle (fancy :laugh: ). She is now 64 pounds of adorableness, but I love that baby pic of her :smile: .
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I guess you guys have "cooler" dogs than i have known. :) lol
    I have a Beagle......COOLEST little baby EVER. :)

I've got to admit, it is pretty adorable. :)

Dude, just tell her you think she is HOT. Pretending you like her dog will just backfire on you.

I am married and really happy. IF i wanted to hit on someone, which i am not.... I would of been posting on the topic "Single or Not, Flirt, Affair or nada?" Do not think you know other peoples intentions.

I think he was intending for that to be a joke. And good for you realizing you're not ready for a dog yet! :flowerforyou: Makes me want to throat punch people when they adopt a dog from us, and then return him because they just don't have the time to devote to him.

Oh, and to not detract from the subject...this is the face of a dog who's just realized she's found a new home. :heart: The shelter was about to put her down after keeping her for 2 weeks (same dog as on the yoga mat previously). They said her weight was what kept her from getting adopted. I'm pretty sure it had more to do with her Pittie looks.

Dollysmall.jpg
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Makes me want to throat punch people when they adopt a dog from us, and then return him because they just don't have the time to devote to him.

Call me and I will hold them down for you^
    Oh, and to not detract from the subject...this is the face of a dog who's just realized she's found a new home. :heart: The shelter was about to put her down after keeping her for 2 weeks (same dog as on the yoga mat previously). They said her weight was what kept her from getting adopted. I'm pretty sure it had more to do with her Pittie looks.

Dollysmall.jpg

Lovely! I have had MANY an adopted dog and will have many more. Thank you for the great work you do for the pups!! :flowerforyou:
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options

What I refuse to do is to put clothing on a dog... no matter the breed they are all wolves! Wolves don't need coats or shoes!

I have to disagree! I don't 'dress my dogs up' in outfits, but they do need coats in Winter. Whippets only have 16% fat compared to most breeds 24% and they also don't have a secondary undercoat like most breeds - so they definitely have to have coats in the snow! Same for greyhounds :)

Real dogs don't need clothes. Personally I think clothes on dogs are crazy. To me, that borders on obsession, IMHO.

No, really. I don't want my dogs to be dead, which they would be if they walked for more than 20 minutes in an English winter without a coat. They have been bred for speed, so have muscle not fat, and very little in the way of a coat, as that would slow them down. What is not real about a dog that can run at 35mph and catch me a rabbit (if I wasn't a vegetarian!) They are one of the few breeds of dogs who are still 'fit for purpose' and don't have scores of hereditary defects.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I guess you guys have "cooler" dogs than i have known. :) lol
    I have a Beagle......COOLEST little baby EVER. :)

I've got to admit, it is pretty adorable. :)

Dude, just tell her you think she is HOT. Pretending you like her dog will just backfire on you.

I am married and really happy. IF i wanted to hit on someone, which i am not.... I would of been posting on the topic "Single or Not, Flirt, Affair or nada?" Do not think you know other peoples intentions.

I think he was intending for that to be a joke. And good for you realizing you're not ready for a dog yet! :flowerforyou: Makes me want to throat punch people when they adopt a dog from us, and then return him because they just don't have the time to devote to him.

Dollysmall.jpg

Gorgeous! We adopted the fawn dog in my ticker after she was found abandoned on a busy road. Well, we were just fostering her for a week originally but three years later she's still here!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Makes me want to throat punch people when they adopt a dog from us, and then return him because they just don't have the time to devote to him.

Call me and I will hold them down for you^

Dollysmall.jpg

Lovely! I have had MANY an adopted dog and will have many more. Thank you for the great work you do for the pups!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you, and thank you for saving so many lives! She has the best personality, I can't even imagine her weight being the issue. She makes me happy every day. :heart:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Gorgeous! We adopted the fawn dog in my ticker after she was found abandoned on a busy road. Well, we were just fostering her for a week originally but three years later she's still here!

That's awesome! Dolly was my foster, too! She and 2 other dogs were found running on a main road in Greensboro, SC. Their owner had committed suicide 5 days earlier, not sure how they got out of the house. She was adopted, but she tried to dig her way out of their front door and kept trying to run away, so they returned her. She was beside herself running around the house when they brought her back, so I knew she was staying. :smile:
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    8218994838_16e32d1fea_c.jpg

Even though he ate my snowman and pissed on it !!! he's still cool ! miss my wee dog !
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options

The reasons vary.

Boredom, Sarcasm, Humor, Anger.

Why do you reply to stupid, pointless threads?

For me*, mostly boredom and sarcasm, perhaps some occasional dry wit, or snark . . . oh and occasional drunkenness

* Don't flame me, I didn't post the original response and this posting is in no way to be construed as calling this thread "stupid" or "pointless" although I reserve all rights to do so should the thread eventually devolve in a flame war. Oh, and D'awwwww!!!!! Cute dogs!
    snark.png