5'5 & 5'6 women what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This is a great respond response! I am SO stuck on the number! I need to get away from the number on the scale & just be healthy. Thank you for enlightening me a bit!
    I don't really have a goal weight - I have a set of goals in terms of getting under 200lbs, into next BMI category and size/stone bracket.

I said 140lbs for the sake of having something on here, but I'll assess it as and when - basically, I want to be healthy, happy and in a position to sustain my weight loss/maintain - even if that makes me slightly over BMI factors :)

(But in an ideal world, my goal weight would be 10st/140lbs)
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and my goal weight right now is 175 lbs. I haven't been that weight since I was around 12 years old. Once I get there, I can reassess and see if I want to lose more or not- but for now even getting to 175 seems quite the accomplishment (that will be over 100lbs lost for me).
  • mallomar107
    Options
    And, I should add, my pic is from high school when I was around ~108 (and could eat whatever the heck I wanted ha). I am very small-framed so it never looked "bony"
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    That is me too. I run and lift and to keep at 155 is a perfect weight that my body can maintain and feel great so that works for me
  • CatherineVaughn
    CatherineVaughn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and as of right now my goal weight is 125. My dr says with my build, age(24) and height 125 is a good buffer because I could go to 115 and still be considered healthy and I could gain to 135 and still be right on track with my body. So 125 is my mid cushion area for a goal. BUT seeing how that goal is 45lbs away, if I feel confident and sexy at 130/135(heck maybe even 140) I may stop. It'll definitely be determined by how I feel and look and not the number on the scale, but as a numbered goal 125 is mine.

((sorry for the long reply)) ;)
  • AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5" and I have large bones.. so for me personally anything under 127 is considered under weight. before having kids I sat comfortably between 140-150.. my goal is to be 140 and maintain it!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 33 years old... my goal weight is 135-140. I hovered at 138 prior to my last pregnancy and would be pretty happy to be back there.
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" & haven't been under 200 for many, many moons. UGW would be 130, but I'm striving for 150, with mini GW in between. (:
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6' and my goal is 145-150.
    I'm in my forties, and I will be delighted when I am 150. If I were still in my 20's or 30's, my goal would be closer to 135.

And of course- It will all depend on how much muscle mass I put on working out.

Just wondering why you think that you should carry extra weight as you get older? My goal is to be back to where I was in my mid-20's, which is going to be very doable. I'm in my 50's.
  • fauxfoe
    fauxfoe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'6", aiming at 135. Currently 158.
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    5'5 and 130.
  • thirtyottsixx
    Options
    I've been asked this question a lot and truthfully I don't know. I figure my body will settle at a healthy weight.
  • Yfalcon
    Yfalcon Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm 5'4 my goal weight is 120..right now Im 136 lbs
  • BaackOnIt
    BaackOnIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 5 1/2 in and my GW is 145.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 24 years old & my goal weight is 125 too.
  • guties2
    guties2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'5 and currently weight 147.8 and my ideal weight is 135 to 140.
    i am currently a size
    M-shirts
    27-28 on pants
    8 on dresses

i want to be
    S-shirts
    26 on pants
    4-6 on dress.
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'6" and hoping to reach 150. it has been a tough road to get the last 15ish lbs off. I'd love to have more MFPals looking to get to a similar goal, feel free to add me!!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    5'6''. My goal was 130 but I hit a size 6 at 140 so I stopped. I am very happy at 140. I'm actually smaller than I was when I weighed 125. Thank you weight training !!
  • geddyp
    geddyp Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I'm 7.5 pounds way from my goal weight of 130 :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5 1/2" My goal was 140. I passed and I'm about 137 right now. Feeling great. I don't think I want to lose any more. I think it depends on your body frame. Just go with how you feel. I know I wouldn't look good if I was trying for 125.