The ultimate ab thread

Options

Replies

• JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ABSolutely amazing job everyone, thank you for the inspiration!
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ok, hopefully this works. I am a mom of 6 kids. I am a living proof that moms CAN have abs :-D
    http://i39.tinypic.com/dnziwg.jpg[/IMG]
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    **kitten**
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Ok, hopefully this works. I am a mom of 6 kids. I am a living proof that moms CAN have abs :-D
    dnziwg.jpg

When you post pics...encase them in lower case img tags [ img ] Picture URL [ /img ] (remove the spaces of course.)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    No abs, just skinny. Close enough.
    335ac948ea5ab447497316d3e60a4348.jpg
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    No abs, just skinny. Close enough.
    335ac948ea5ab447497316d3e60a4348.jpg
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Ok, trying out again after some suggestions how to do it. LOL. I have 6 kids, oldest is 17 and youngest is 16 months old. Yes, we moms can have some abs :blushing:

dnziwg.jpg

dxeer9.jpg
  • simplyjustme
    simplyjustme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am trying this again. Hopefully I got it right this time. Us new people to the threads :)

I am a mom of 4 ages 28 to 8 and a grandma of 3. It is possible to look good as a grandma even :wink:

2wmna1j.jpg

3307pn5.jpg
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options
    Nice work ladies. Keep in mind Abdominal development is highly genetic related. Not saying you cant sculpt them but positioning of the abs, whether you have a 2 / 4 / 6 / 8. Is based on genetics. Thats why everyone lean enough to show the abdominals looks a little different.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    2 kids here, too. They are 7 and 9. This is the best my abs have looked since them, but they were pretty nice before that. Of course things are a little different now (more loose skin on them...not a pretty sight when doing, say, mountain climbers!) but I'm not really complaining. For what it's worth, cutting out most processed foods and carbs is what really brought them back.

IMG_3280.jpg

IMG_20130512_111316.jpg

(Whoa, those are big. I'm sorry, thought I'd resized them to be slightly less ginormous!)
  • lhourin
    Options
    Well done, to everyone on this thread. Amazing!!

ipuffyheartco, You have a beautiful shape. I'm envious of your hips!
  • lhourin
    Options
    For real? I was sure that those who competed didn't have stretch marks

I can tell you that a lot of fitness models I worked with had stretch marks, too. So many people --even those in the best shape possible!--do, especially after kids.
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    How do you post pics on here? I havent done it in so long.. HELP!! :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Well done, to everyone on this thread. Amazing!!

ipuffyheartco, You have a beautiful shape. I'm envious of your hips!

thank you! I work those hips hard, lol. I'm kidding, but, seriously, thank you.
    Options

I can tell you that a lot of fitness models I worked with had stretch marks, too. So many people --even those in the best shape possible!--do, especially after kids.

many competitions require spraytans and that helps cover stretch marks. There are PLENTY of competitors with stretch marks. PLENTY.

ETA: that was in response to the first quote.
    Options
    How do you post pics on here? I havent done it in so long.. HELP!! :)

go to a picture hosting source, i.e. Photobucket, choose the IMG link, copy/paste, then change out the IMG to lower case img in the link. Hope that helps!
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What kind of ab workouts/eating regiments do you ladies do? I have a flat stomach and minimal definition, but I can't seem to get my stomach any more toned. I'm also worried about losing weight (I'm 20, 5'5'' and 107lbs). Any advice would be great!
  • lhourin
    Options
    Emily, do you lift weights at all? A lot of people always ask for "ab routines" but really I think it's overall definition (and leanness--which doesn't necessarily accompany skinniness, you know??) that contributes most to seeing your abdominal muscles.
    In your case, without knowing any more information, I'd say to start lifting relatively heavy, maybe up your calories so you don't lose too much weight, and cut out processed foods, focusing on healthy fats and proteins.
    Focus on weight-training more than cardio (personally, I rarely do plain ol' cardio, almost always focusing on intense weight-lifting/plyometric/HIIT sessions--and not even really long ones, usually under 30 min)...but that is also in combination with a lower carb (usually under 100g/day) and high-fat (around 65% of my calories) diet.
    This combination has worked well for me...and this is after years of personal training and preaching a low-fat, calories in/calories out approach (and totally disregarding people who suggested high-fat, low-carb! Oops.).
    Of course we are all individuals and have different requirements, but those are my suggestions. :) I'm envious of your situation--putting ON muscle when you are already thin can give beautiful results...though it's not easy.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

many competitions require spraytans and that helps cover stretch marks. There are PLENTY of competitors with stretch marks. PLENTY.

ETA: that was in response to the first quote.

You can start to understand how this help.