Do you have a mantra to help you stay on track?

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    How would a manta help keep me on track?

images-7_zps34857ec2.jpeg
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    Train Insane or remain the same!!!!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wow, I like 99.99 % of these! I am so glad people are sharing! Thank you!
  • RussianDollFromCanada
    Options
    When I overthink it all I say "STOP! Just do it"

I also love this quote from Earl Nightindale : "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Do something active every day, no matter how much, what time, or whether I feel like it.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I used to keep a rock in my pocket to remind me of my commitment. When I felt temptation, I would touch it.
  • annemhouse
    annemhouse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Be patient
    Be Persistant
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAMWORK.

Me,Myself and I make one hell of a team
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Will this improve your life? This helps me make the right choices with food and exercise.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    You is kind. You is smart. You is important.
  • tripledipped13
    tripledipped13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming like Dora. ha Seriously, just keep going. Next plateau, hill or step and you will eventually see improvement. Nike... Just do it

I love this one!!!! I find myself saying it to my 4 year old all the time--mainly because she loves the movie--but I never thought about using this for motivation!!!!!!!
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Every day I awake to the sound of birds chirping and face a big window looking out over my front yard. I look outside and usually feel the warmth from the sun. I think, "I am thankful to be here and be a part of this wonderful day". Even if it's raining outside or grey, that is lovely too. I do a few overheard stretches while facing the window and greet the new day. I smile.

Before heading to the bathroom, I say, "I am beautiful and deserve to be healthy". I at least say this to myself every morning and sometimes throughout the day, depending on how I feel.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    "Nothing Tastes as Good as Being Thin" - period. It's true, and keeps me from eatting things I shouldn't.

I also really like "Sweat is Fat Crying" because it reminds me why I'm sweating so damn hard every morning!:tongue:
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thin tastes best.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Moving this topic to Motivation and Support.

Also posters, please remember we don't allow trolling our forums. Please either contribute constructively to this topic or move on without posting.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Moving this topic to Motivation and Support.

Also posters, please remember we don't allow trolling our forums. Please either contribute constructively to this topic or move on without posting.

Thank you for moving this! I goofed when I posted it! Not too good on this thing!
  • marciakate
    marciakate Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "If it doesn't challenge you, it wont change you"
  • meaningful99
    meaningful99 Posts: 174
    Options
    It's not really a mantra, but I keep reminding myself of something a success-story guy wrote in one of these forums: "Exercise for fitness. Calorie deficit for weight loss." So simple, but so helpful.
  • Jlan11
    Jlan11 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I read this on someone's ticker "I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday." I tell myself that all the time and it keeps me on track! Also Jillian Michael says "change is not a future event".
  • Apicius
    Apicius Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think of a current inspirational person and ask myself 'Would they give up? After watching the amount of sprinting the crew did on Star Trek, I will be thinking "Would Spock/Kirk/Scotty give up?' ok, sure it's nerdy.

Also 'go hard or go home' appeals.