Do you have a mantra to help you stay on track?

Options
1235»

Replies

• kokevendingmachine
    kokevendingmachine Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself that I am a beast. Those words just magically pump me up so much.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    "I'M IN IT TO WIN IT"
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    I also love this quote from Earl Nightindale : "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

^This, and "Just keep swimming." When I'm dealing with cravings, I ask myself "will this help me get to my goal or set me back?"
  • danapenguin
    danapenguin Posts: 161
    Options
    I just remind myself... "Mom is size 6! Mom is a size 6!!" haha

My mom recently went through a separation with my father and she went from 145lbs to 116 ( she is 4'11"). I wear a size 9 in jeans and now she can wear a size 6! So that is my motivation!
    Also, its never going to happen unless i DO something about it... Lord knows I can't afford liposuction!
    Recently I have also been taking photos of how happy I am after a workout or photos of me making some berry slushes with my Ninja and I look at those when I feel crappy and BAM!! to the gym i GO!
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For me it's "Nothing tastes as good as being **fit** feels".

FTFY
    [/quote

Maybe I don't understand. Why would I want you to fix {My} mantra for {me}?
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    When I feel like eating that doesn't fit my plans.......What I eat is a choice, this feeling will pass.....then I distract myself
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    In reference to exercising: "Do it now." I also try not to miss exercising/moving around two days in a row.

In regards to food: "Make good choices for this moment and don't worry about later. Just focus on right now." This really helps me stay in the moment and not pass off things until later.