SUSHI ADDICT AND PROUD

Options

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I want sushi!!! I asked for it for Mother's day but didn't get it cause the teenagers wouldn't eat it. :grumble:
  • Shaunte86
    Shaunte86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love all sushi...many of my friends and family don't :(
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Rice, shrimp tempura, spicy mayo. I would have to eat over 10 of these specialty rolls, after reaching maintenance, to gain 1 pound. Best I have done was 6. :happy:

l.jpg
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Rice, shrimp tempura, spicy mayo. I would have to eat over 10 of these specialty rolls, after reaching maintenance, to gain 1 pound. Best I have done was 6. :happy:

l.jpg

I'm drooling.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I love sushi, too!

Actually, I don't like most fish when cooked, only raw. Because of the rice (and expense), I only eat it occasionally now. I always use the low-sodium soy sauce, I've always thought the regular was too salty. I love yellow tail, salmon, red snapper, spicy tuna, tamago, surf clam, abalone, squid, octopus, flying fish roe, salmon roe, ... yes, just about all of it I've tried, except eel.

For those of you who love salmon, try it with paper-thin slices of lemon & pickled ginger & wasabi (of course). Really good.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    me me me meme!!!
  • kirstie1926
    kirstie1926 Posts: 48
    Options
    about once a month i go on a sushi eating binge. all you can eat sushi, which is about 15 plates (3 pieces each). then i need to be rolled out of the restaurant and into bed.
  • justdazed
    justdazed Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Salmon sashimi all the way! My fave place makes a tofu karaage that is to die for!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've been craving it like mad this week! I had it twice already! Just trying to wash out the sodium from the sauce...then will have more later in the week!!! :drinker:
  • LovingKay
    LovingKay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love sushi too, but too much rice is horrible! If you like dipping it in soy sauce (like I do), say goodbye to that sodium goal lol.
    I actually ate sushi today though, but instead of rice I used quinoa :) and I didn't use soy sauce.

Quinoa!!! What a great idea. Yes, rice is like glue for my metabolism. I do love sushi...nigiri and sashimi!. I keep the soy as just a drizzle... Gosh! I think I am eating some tonight after I go to the gym. : ))
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love sushi too! And our supermarket does little packets of fish rolls. The calories for medium pack are around 275 cals so for lunch I just add fruit too. Perfect!

One thing I want to know - how bad is the soy for you? I loooove the soy!

Unfortunately, even the low sodium soy sauce is HIGH sodium! I love it, too, but I leave it out now. :(
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am another sushi lover!!! I am going with one of my friend's for sushi on Friday! I am trying to eat more of the sushi and sashimi instead of the rolls, but I just love the rolls. I figure once in a while isn't bad for me at all! Love love love wasabi and ginger!!!
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Them rotating sushi bars are the Business!!!! Me and my girl easily drop $50 plus on one session haha
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys don't you realise how bad sushi is for you! Just look at the size of all those sumo wrestlers and all they eat is sushi.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    SASHIMI!!!!! no rice, all goodness!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    SASHIMI!!!!! no rice, all goodness!!

Those are opposites. : )
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys don't you realize how bad sushi is for you! Just look at the size of all those sumo wrestlers and all they eat is sushi.

Actually, most of them eat 2000-3000 cals in pasta and then sleep immediately after to gain weight.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys don't you realise how bad sushi is for you! Just look at the size of all those sumo wrestlers and all they eat is sushi.

what?
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options

tumblr_m0znf2H9Pv1qg7pot.gif
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    We just had a sushi blow out night. 16 rolls. I wish i had taken pics! the spread took up 2 large platters. We rounded out the right with a stroll through town and handmade gelato. yum