SUSHI ADDICT AND PROUD

Options

Replies

• eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love sushi...
    Just talking about it makes me want some.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I love sushi, but I doubt I could only eat one.

Just all the salt in the soya sauce and wasabi might be not so good for you.
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love sushi! Little disturbed at the fact I'm seeing it pre packaged at gas stations and 7-11's now. As if... Haha
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just had sushi tonight in fact! :bigsmile:

I'm from Vancouver, BC, Canada - sushi central! (next to Japan, that is :laugh: ). ha, seriously, though. because there's a huge Asian population here we have TONS of sushi places here (along with lots of other Asian restaurants).

I love sushi, but i'm not a huge fan of sashimi (my hubby LOVES the raw stuff - *shudders*) - i'm more of a none of the weird stuff sushi person: california roll, dynamite roll, salmon skin roll, yam tempura roll, any kind of veggie roll.... but lately i've been loving Unagi (BBQ eel) rolls and so order them.

Tonight's sushi was an unagi, avocado egg roll and a yam tempura, avocado, mango roll - so yum! plus a seafood japanese pancake (okonomiyaki) SO GOOD. But now i'm stuffed and sleepy from all the sugars in the rice!!! LOL
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I LOVE sushi. Thanks a lot, my mouth is effing watering.

My favorite is...wait for it...TEMPURA SHRIMP! YEAH, WHAT!?

My 2nd favorite is spicy tuna.

Sushi.

:love:
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I love sushi! Little disturbed at the fact I'm seeing it pre packaged at gas stations and 7-11's now. As if... Haha
    Yeah, that scares me a little too.
  • vickydubuis
    vickydubuis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ME! I love love love Sushi.

I have been craving it for about a week. I need to break down and go get a tuna roll already. I really wish I could eat avacado.. I love it but I am allergic :(

ALLERGIC TO AVOCADO? OMG TRAGEDY. Seriously, that is so sad :(
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options

I have been craving it for about a week. I need to break down and go get a tuna roll already. I really wish I could eat avacado.. I love it but I am allergic :(

I know. And pineapple, and kiwis, and bananas, and cucumber. I have to ask for no cucumber or avacado or suffer from swollen lips and an itchy throat :sad:
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, the only kind I like is with cream cheese. ><

LOOOOOVE!!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    this is last time I made some

i6YWUMOl.jpg

uQAFVWyl.jpg
  • Justjamie0418
    Options
    this is last time I made some

i6YWUMOl.jpg

uQAFVWyl.jpg

YUMMM

You big fat sumo wrestler.
  • nikilis
    Options

I know. And pineapple, and kiwis, and bananas, and cucumber. I have to ask for no cucumber or avacado or suffer from swollen lips and an itchy throat :sad:

OMG girl, I'm so sorry for you. avocado, pineapple, kiwis and bananas are amazing! cucumber... meh, not so much. how much do your lips swell :P
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love love love sushi and have missed it greatly since becoming pregnant!
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    LOVE SUSHI...LOVE IT LIKE CHOCOLATE AND ...(yeah you get the idea)

I could go on and on about sushi. Sushi is the MAIN reason I can not live on a total low carb diet...but hey with MFP I don't have to, I just follow my net calories on that day and call it even. One day every other week or so, sometimes more, sometimes less my after cardio workout meal is an all you can eat sushi lunch. I have no idea how many calories I splurge, but I have estimated at close to about 1500, minus the spicy mayo (I now limit myself to about 2 tbsp per sushi trip). My cardio workouts are a beast (nearly 1000 calorie burns) so I earn it and I eat it.

It is the only meal I eat that day except for my two protein shakes but OH so worth it...sushi usually fills me up and I am rarely hungry the rest of the day. Fits really well with MFP, and with Intermittent Fasting and high protein-carb-balanced macro diets...there is no down side, except I wish I could do it all the time...but then it would not be nearly as special....

I love it all:
    I love the fish
    I love the rice
    I love the seaweed
    I love the wasabi
    I love the ginger

It's all good...
  • nikilis
    Options
    I love love love sushi and have missed it greatly since becoming pregnant!

you could have a vegetarian? or is the idea of it just making you sick? i can imagine nori (aka seaweed) tasting very weird and smelling not nice when you are "with child" hehhe.

:)
  • Justjamie0418
    Options

OMG girl, I'm so sorry for you. avocado, pineapple, kiwis and bananas are amazing! cucumber... meh, not so much. how much do your lips swell :P

tumblr_mcxco2cynl1qltqg1.gif

Oh something like this....

I have actually had them bleed. I forgot to mention watermelon as well. :(
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    *raises hand

Love sushi!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I've eaten sushi every week at least. Only found ONE place that has amazing chilli tuna rolls. Another place I threw it out it was that bad, it actually made me sick for days.

I eat anywhere between 4 - 6 rolls each time.... and I can have it about 3-4 times a week. The place I love is closing for a break at the end of the month for 3 weeks.... I'm going to die.

They actually make it fresh for me every time I go in. I've eaten there all the time since I started eating better... so they know me by name & I don't even have to say what I want anymore.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Sushi is amazing. My favorites are shrimp tempura, crunchy maki, & of course good ol' california rolls.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys don't you realise how bad sushi is for you! Just look at the size of all those sumo wrestlers and all they eat is sushi.

Actually, they eat chanko nabe, which is a very filling pot full of calories:
    http://www.eiyoukeisan.com/JapaneseFoodCalorie/zryouri/tyanko.html

I eat the combini nigiri sushi packs here in Tokyo for lunch sometimes, but the rice is mixed with vinegar and mirin, which is sweet, and that adds cals and carbs! beware...

here is the same site's breakdown of typical sushi served up in Japan (YMMV!)
    http://www.eiyoukeisan.com/JapaneseFoodCalorie/zryouri/sushi.html
    yum! oishisoooo