Good foods during menstration

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I read the original post and was like, WTF? I think this is why MFP allows us to have friend lists. The rest of the world does NOT, and I repeat, NOT, want to hear about your "smooth periods" and how much blood you have coming out of you. Really. We don't. If you want to ask which foods are good to consume during menstruation, super, then ask....but we don't need all the other information.

Sorry, not trying to be b!tchy, but, geez! :noway:

You read the title and yet you still clicked it. Then you read it. Seriously, was this your excuse to be cranky this morning. Is it your time of the month?

Some people's motivations make no sense to me. Sheesh.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bananas :) almonds also help me for some reason!
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    fyi u dont skip periods due to changes in body
    unles s u are pre menopausal
    u should go to th e gyno about that

yes you can actually. Your menstrual cycle is very sensitive to physical and emotional change/stress. Women who drop or gain a lot of weight suddenly can find their periods stop or alter and women who are going through emotional trauma can find the same thing. It is not limited to pre-menopausal women... it is quite common for periods to be temperamental when the body undergoes significant changes
  • lisamarie1780
    Options
    I have been dieting and exercising for two months now. I skipped my period last month due to the change in my body. I just got it on my morning dog walk today and it's a killer! I usually have good smooth periods but this one is really hurting. Most months I wouldn't even know I had it, except for the blood. I don't take medication unless my life depends on it so that is out.

What are some good natural remedies for the cramps? What are some good foods to be eating during this time?

I have always had really painful periods, they did ease somewhat after having children but are still pretty bad. I drink a lot of herbal teas. I can find a tea for anything! For menstrual cramps, I find nettle and raspberry are best.... plus plenty of water... chocolate , bananas, lots of wholegrains and a good steak :)
  • lisamarie1780
    Options
    I read the original post and was like, WTF? I think this is why MFP allows us to have friend lists. The rest of the world does NOT, and I repeat, NOT, want to hear about your "smooth periods" and how much blood you have coming out of you. Really. We don't. If you want to ask which foods are good to consume during menstruation, super, then ask....but we don't need all the other information.

most women don't care.... seriously, I was a midwife for 5 years I have heard worse, seen worse and frankly I don't get what the fuss is about from your corner....
    A little female solidarity wouldn't go amiss here
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I AGREE :noway:
  • brower47
    Options

Why did you click it after reading the title?
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Twice my age, and half as mature.

I like this, good job ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Why did you click it after reading the title?

cuz I am bored and wanted to
  • brower47
    Options

Well, since we're reading each other's profiles and judging one another, I think I will win THIS bout, as well. You don't want kids so you had 2 abortions?? Um, maybe instead of worrying about your period, you should do something about making it STOP, so you don't get pregnant. You're so "careful" in the bedroom, yet four innocent children are no longer here. (And if you think I believe that 2 of those were miscarriages, you're sorely mistaken.) I"m all about a woman's right to choose, but you are basically using it as birth control, which is CRAP.

Wow, you're a grade A jerk.

Wow that is incredibly uncalled for.
    Do I agree with her actions, no, but that personal attack is ridiculous.

Everything she said was a personal attack, a very personal attack. Jerk is the mildest way of putting it and hardly ridiculous.

(I think she was agreeing with YOU.....)

Oh, my bad. It can be hard to tell sometimes. :blushing:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Well, since we're reading each other's profiles and judging one another, I think I will win THIS bout, as well. You don't want kids so you had 2 abortions?? Um, maybe instead of worrying about your period, you should do something about making it STOP, so you don't get pregnant. You're so "careful" in the bedroom, yet four innocent children are no longer here. (And if you think I believe that 2 of those were miscarriages, you're sorely mistaken.) I"m all about a woman's right to choose, but you are basically using it as birth control, which is CRAP.

Wow, you're a grade A jerk.

Wow that is incredibly uncalled for.
    Do I agree with her actions, no, but that personal attack is ridiculous.

Everything she said was a personal attack, a very personal attack. Jerk is the mildest way of putting it and hardly ridiculous.

(I think she was agreeing with YOU.....)

Oh, my bad. It can be hard to tell sometimes. :blushing:
    I was agreeing with you. :flowerforyou: It can be hard to tell.
  • KatLifter
    Options

I know. I actually understood the post and explained it to her. You don't need to repeat it.

No you didn't. I actually reported you for that post attacking that woman.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
    Crisps
    Ice cream
    Cake

Add in a hot water bottle and some painkillers and you're good to go:laugh:

This is me. Ibuprofen is my hero at that time.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Oh man, this is getting good. Who wants popcorn??:drinker: :smokin:
    ME, please! :love: You're the best.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
    Crisps
    Ice cream
    Cake

Add in a hot water bottle and some painkillers and you're good to go:laugh:

:) **stands up and claps**
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have been dieting and exercising for two months now. I skipped my period last month due to the change in my body. I just got it on my morning dog walk today and it's a killer! I usually have good smooth periods but this one is really hurting. Most months I wouldn't even know I had it, except for the blood. I don't take medication unless my life depends on it so that is out.

What are some good natural remedies for the cramps? What are some good foods to be eating during this time?

I don't know if I can help you out much. I've never been an advocate for "natural remedies" for cramps because, frankly, mine have always been SO BAD that I can't even attempt the "natural remedies." Yeah, I have the kind of cramps that come with nausea and vomiting all day long for 1-2 days during my cycle. I have to lie in bed all day. If I even walk to the kitchen or to the bathroom, I vomit on my way there. Over-the-counter pain killers do NOTHING. "Natural remedies"? HA! They do nothing as well! Exercise while I have cramps? Are you KIDDING me? I vomit after walking for ONE minute! It's just how my body reacts to the pain. I don't know why it's always been that bad for me, but my mother had the same thing so I think it's just genetic. (She said it got better after having kids though.)

Anyway, so FOR ME, the ONLY thing that has worked is taking special prescription pills from my doctor. (I refuse to go on hormonal birth control, just for personal reasons.) Nothing else even relieves it the tiniest bit once the cramps start. And I simply can't afford to be bed-ridden for 2 days out of every month. But I have found that living a healthier lifestyle during ALL THE OTHER DAYS OF THE MONTH helps make my cycle a little more pleasant. Since I've lost weight, started exercising regularly, drinking lots of water, eating healthier, and taking my multi-vitamins every day, my cycle has gotten a little lighter and smoother. (And of course, my prescription pills from my doctor help make my cramps bearable, so that I can actually function somewhat normally, walk around, go to class, and go to work and stuff lol!) So, overall, what I'd recommend is to keep a healthy lifestyle.
  • libertychoury
    libertychoury Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sorry to butt in, but didn't you say in another post that you're on a low calorie diet? I have to say, when I was netting around 600 cals (on 1200 calories and not eating back exercise cals) I lost mine pretty much. I am still having issues when I have been regular all my life and have no reproductive issues whatsoever.
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    LMAO! I seriously choked on my water! Thanks A LOT! LOL!

Sorry about that :happy:
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I responded, then went back and read all the other responses. All I can say is........wow.

:drinker:
  • KatLifter
    Options
    I responded, then went back and read all the other responses. All I can say is........wow.

:drinker:

And a lot of them were removed...