Box Gap is F****** Stupid - Article!

Options

Replies

• chaser1977
    chaser1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I must be getting old. I didn't even know there was such a term. F*ing stupid crap. What matters (at least as you get older) is confidence, humor, intelligence and character. Who in their right mind would worry about how much gap you have between your thighs? Sheesh.

This.
  • diesel_dame
    diesel_dame Posts: 10
    Options
    THANK YOU!! :drinker:
  • kezza8888
    kezza8888 Posts: 75
    Options
    I put on a pair of Tummy & Thigh control tights today (pantyhose to those in the USA) and they gave me this infamous "Thigh Gap" (UK) "Box Gap" ! Pahhh! That's the only time I'll ever see light between my thighs! :-)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I know skinny girls who have don’t have box gaps and fat girls who do; it’s genetics. The width of your hips has a direct correlation with the likelihood of that stupid little opening amidst the meatiest part of your legs ever existing. Punch your mum in the face for giving you bad genes before you get a year-long subscription to Jenny Craig, because if you’re not made a certain way, it ain’t gonna work.
    I think this is the key point here that most people tend to forget. Whether trying for one or shaming others for having one (I'm not saying that you or the author are doing that though), it's all about the way your body is naturally shaped. Some people go to to extremes to get a box/thigh gap, and others go to extremes saying that having a box/thigh gap is disgusting and makes girls look anorexic. Both sides are wrong. It's genetics, and people need to remember that.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I thought it was called a thigh gap.... cause it's between the thighs.

Guess women have a box now?

Hm, yeah wait I reckon you're right. Thigh gap is between the thighs when feet are together - not everyone can achieve one.
    And box gap is when you bend over, that little gap under the butt.

Eh, whatever! I think the person who wrote it meant thigh gap.. ?
    I just wanted to share!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I thought it was called a thigh gap.... cause it's between the thighs.

Guess women have a box now?

As far as British slang goes - women have always had a 'box'....:bigsmile:
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had never heard the term before.

And, really, what a stupid goal. It really is all genetics. Apparently, I have one and still have weight to lose. I guess I don't look closely at other women's crotches because I've never noticed anyone's but mine (and then only because I tried on a pair of jeans and realized I couldn't make the light stop shining through).
  • mareeee1234
    Options
    I know skinny girls who have don’t have box gaps and fat girls who do; it’s genetics. The width of your hips has a direct correlation with the likelihood of that stupid little opening amidst the meatiest part of your legs ever existing. Punch your mum in the face for giving you bad genes before you get a year-long subscription to Jenny Craig, because if you’re not made a certain way, it ain’t gonna work.
    I think this is the key point here that most people tend to forget. Whether trying for one or shaming others for having one (I'm not saying that you or the author are doing that though), it's all about the way your body is naturally shaped. Some people go to to extremes to get a box/thigh gap, and others go to extremes saying that having a box/thigh gap is disgusting and makes girls look anorexic. Both sides are wrong. It's genetics, and people need to remember that.

Yepp! Even when I was very underweight I never had one! *key point*
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    isn't this inner thigh gap?
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    box gap = thigh gap.

Ahhhh okay.

So its a regional thing?

Nevermind that. When is everyone going to start posting box/thigh gap pics and NON box thigh/gap pics. Because honestly. Who gives a sh|t?? Gap or not, that entire area is where all the magic happens.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've only ever heard it called a thigh gap. Given it's only a thing when a girl's legs are clamped together as tightly as possible in a completely unnatural positive that nobody would ever stand in, I'm not really sure why it's a thing.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    isn't this inner thigh gap?

Urban dictionary says they're the same thing... IDK, guess I don't follow this stuff carefully enough.
  • mareeee1234
    Options
    Yeah I think the author means THIGH GAP!!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    i like thigh gaps! You see i am a sniper so while my enemies get distracted by the girl,i get a sturdy place to rest my gun on and shoot!
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Although I don't appreciate the generalization that this is a GEN Y only thing (a Y'er here but by no means born close to 2000), the author makes good points.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    -waves-

Fat girl with a gap here! I have ridiculously wide hips. It's not big and it's not clever.
    I'm more concerned with the apparent gap between people's ears than between their thighs.

Btw, this is how all to get a thigh gap:

magie.gif
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Real men who like real women don’t give a **** about box gap. Put down the celery, champ.

This is all you need to know. Most of us don't know/care what one is either.

unless you do it for yourself, not to please men.
    although i don't like box gap.

EXACTLY!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I approve this message! :drinker:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    magie.gif
    That's mesmerizing! :laugh:
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Box gaps will let the roaches get in the cereal. I hate that.