berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Australian and Southern = yes please!

*drools*

*swoons*
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm Dutch and unfortunately we don't have a lot of people that are forgein and speak Dutch..

I do love any other accents; Italian, British, New Zealandish, Australian.. yumm. :love:
  • SammyRotten
    SammyRotten Posts: 20
    Options
    french <3
    someone speaking german with a french accent - i could die.
    it just sounds so hot when french people talk :D its just the language of love. i mean, someone could tell me the stupiest things in french, i would still melt insinde :D
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    hmm I don't know.. Some of the accents from my home home state, Louisiana, are not very attractive in my opinion. I've worked very hard to NOT sound like that. Still have some work to do.
  • boothekm
    boothekm Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love European accents.

I've got a heavy southern country accent that people always notice...even 60 miles from my hometown!!
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    What about Canadian? I have heard Australian women find it attractive.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    German, Swiss, Italian... oh my. And some English accents.

Not so awesome accents... deep south American, Finnish... eeek. Bad, bad, BAD.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Being from the upper mid-west I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a Northern Wisconsin or Northern Minnesota accent are attractive or desirable. haha! I sometime cringe when I hear people from my area say certain words and phrases. I really dig southern accents...especially around Louisiana... it's just so different from what I'm used to hearing.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    hmm I don't know.. Some of the accents from my home home state, Louisiana, are not very attractive in my opinion. I've worked very hard to NOT sound like that. Still have some work to do.
    My BIL is from new roads, la. and I can't understand a damn word he says
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Good thing for me I'm a voice actor! :D I can do alot of accents :P Favs are: Russian/Serbian, Slovenian ^_^
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    British!
    East Coast
    Southern (Louisiana, Texas...more specifically New Orleans)
  • jrknotts
    jrknotts Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Southern Accents; I especially love women's accents from the deep south (GA, Alabama, Carolinas etc).
    English and Australian

I'm from Texas, and have been told I have more of a 'Dallas' accent, whatever that means..
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    LOL Saying "British accent" is kind of like saying "North American accent". It covers soooo much.

It's kind of funny, you don't think of yourself as having an accent until you're around people with a different one and they point it out. I have a generic, Midwest American accent and where I live in the UK people love it. I've been told so many times that American accents can sound quite grating, but mine is nice to listen to.

But I've been living here 4.5 years now and a couple people have told me they can hear a touch of a West Country accent trying to sneak in on some words, so maybe I've got a bit of a hybrid thing starting to happen.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Being from the upper mid-west I don't think I've ever heard anyone say a Northern Wisconsin or Northern Minnesota accent are attractive or desirable. haha! I sometime cringe when I hear people from my area say certain words and phrases. I really dig southern accents...especially around Louisiana... it's just so different from what I'm used to hearing.

My BF likes to make fun of me when I say "bag". Sometimes it can be heard on about but that's pretty much it. LOL

My accent is not as heavy (never has been) as some WI/MN accents though.
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love the british accents!

there is one accent that drives me crazy on the food network cupcake wars one of the judges can't speak English and you can't understand what he says.

I have a hoosier accent mixed with some Arkansan.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Oh no, there are plenty of bad accents! I like South African, Boston, NY, French

I have a generic mid-atlantic American with a teeeeeensy bit of Southern thrown in.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Yep, though I don't have a thick Boston accent but it can show up sometimes

Southern accents and South African accents get me everytime though
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I could listen to someone with an Irish accent read the phone book & be completely enthralled. :love:

Scottish, English, Australian, & a Southern twang/drawl are some of other favorites.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Scottish accents are hot. I hear David Tennant speak and I just wanna....well...that's probably not an appropriate topic to discuss. ^.~

Also, English accents (if I had one I'd never shut up - although, that's not much different than how I am now), Australian and Southern.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I must be one of the rare ones - accents generally don't do it for me. I think maybe it's because I've had a few of them? (Southern, two kinds of Irish accents, English and now the non-accent (Canadian)).