NSV (Non Scale Victory) Not shared enough. Let's hear it!

Options
I have been trying to post more NSV moments lately, because so many people focus on the scale. For me the NSV moments are just as important or more important then that number on the scale. A couple more recent moments for me have been:

1. Being able to pull my pants down over my hips without unzipping them. So I brought them in and gave them to a lady at work.
2. Being dedicated enough to workout even at 9 in the evening.
3. Having people ask me what I am doing to lose weight.

What is your NSV?

Replies

• jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Putting on a pair of dress pants and they were lose! Great feeling!
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    1. Having regulars at the gym tell me I look so different!
    2. Being asked by the regulars what happened if I miss a day at the gym.
    3. Being a size 16 instead of a size 24.
    4. Finally being excited about shopping for a bathing suit.
    5. Being happy enough with myself to be ok getting my picture taken.
    6. Having a good friend of mine ask me to be her supporter while she tries to lose
    7. Feeling guilty on days I just can't make it to the gym.
    8. The massive amount of energy I have everyday now. I hate to sit still!
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    All of my pants either fit right or are loose now. Someone made the comment to me yesterday that my pants look baggy! Yay!!
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Pulling my boots on without sitting down!
  • emilyruth4
    emilyruth4 Posts: 10
    Options
    I finally pulled out last years summer clothes & i am in desperate need of a new wardrobe! Shorts barely stay up & tank tops look over sized. :) great feeling!
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Being motivated enough to start 30DS- I'm on day 3 and my thighs are killing me! Feelin' the burn!
  • nancysunshine
    nancysunshine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    NSV = All my XL shirts are TOO large. And now I can buy button-front shirts and they don't gap. VICTORY!
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    1. my step brother coming to visit from california ( last year when he saw me I was 220 pounds) he said dang! sister you lost a lot of weight. your looking really good girl.

2. my size large shirts and my size 16/18 pants are way to loose on me all my clothes are to big for me.

3. had a binge break through when I choose not to eat that chicken nugget when it was offered I said no thanks I already ate.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Being able to stand straight up without having to lean way forward to get out of the chair.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Had to dig through the closet to find a nice pair of pants for the firs time in a while (started a new job where I can wear jeans everyday, so haven't needed them in a while). The ones I had been wearing were comically big on me (although, to be honest, they were a hair big on me even at my biggest) and the ones that I had a hard time buttoning last summer are, if anything, a bit big on me.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a compete new wardrobe for summer! Absolutely nothing fit from last year.
    Oh and I am enjoying shopping for clothes again! Hated it before because nothing fit. Now I can shop in any store! :happy:
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    ALL my victories are off the scale.

my newest and favourite NSV is that I don't have the beginning stages of "Oprah arm" anymore.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I no longer have a "tight" feeling in my my upper arms when I bend at the elbow.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    1. Having to buy a size 6 in lucky brand shorts when i went shopping( I started out wearing an 8/10). Still have them but they are loose.
    2. Buying a bikini and for the first time in a few years...and being happy about it
    3. Having more " I feel good moments" when looking in the mirror
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I saw a neighbor I hadn't seen in awhile who didn't know I was working out, eating better, etc. She said "wow! look at your arms!! Are you working out all the time, you look great. Your face looks different, you've lost weight everywhere!"

Always feels good to have people who don't know you are trying notice and say something, especially since I only lost 10 lbs and mostly wanted to tone up. It's not the kind of change most people notice but she did and it made me feel great. I didn't notice how toned my arms had become.
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1. All my favorite shirts for work make me look boxy because they are too big. Time to go shopping.
    2. Friend at dance class said, "Are you getting smaller?"
    3. Recent trip on an air plane found the seat comfortable, not a tight squeeze.
    4. Had to buy new bras
    5. I was able, for the first time in 5 years, to buy clothes in a store that does not specialize in plus sizes. I nearly cried.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My biggest one has been getting rid of all my old clothes. This week I finally gave up on a bunch of old sweaters and at the end of May I'm getting rid of all the old dress shirts I have that are way too big on me. I've also bought a bunch of clothes recently that were tight and are now feeling loose! Hopefully after this summer I'll be rid of all my old XL clothing.
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My neighbor told me that she thought I was my teenage daughter's friend before she recognized me (I am 40) Woot! Woot!
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Although I've yo-yo'ed, my favorite NSV was the moment where I WANTED to exercise and eat healthy. It was no longer some chore I had to force myself to do. These things became my routine and my habits instead of this over-analyzed crusade...

Ugh, I need to get back to that place... :-(
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    <
    I put on this bikini and I liked what I saw