NSV (Non Scale Victory) Not shared enough. Let's hear it!

Options

Replies

• toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend smacked my *kitten* this morning and hurt his hand on it. The squats are a-working.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    Being able to do five pull ups in a row in a few weeks after barely being able to do one when I put up my new pull up bar.

Biking over 155 miles in less than a month these past 3.5 weeks.

:)
  • rachaelhoffman
    rachaelhoffman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    YAY! New lower sizes. I was at a size 12 for months, and found a pair of tens that fit at the store, and now they are loose. Yippie.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of 13 bags of clothes that were too big. Seeing my parents for the first time since they left for Florida in the middle of January and having them tell me that they almost didn't recognize me because I looked so different!
  • 3_is_enough
    3_is_enough Posts: 25
    Options
    1.) Not thinking about my next meal right after I finish my current one.
    2.) All my work pants being super baggy on me and pulling out ones that I haven't worn since before my last child - and they fit with room to spare.
    3.) A co-worker actually said I was looking scrawny (I am not really, people, just her sense of humor).
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    All of my jeans that were too tight two months ago fit.
    Deadlifting 95 pounds on my first try.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    For lack of having anything for warm weather right now that kind of fits, I've lately been wearing old t-shirts and other clothes that mentally/emotionally feel too snug or revealing ("not there yet, your arms are still gross, etc." says my judgmental self). But whenever I do, I get comments about how great I look, particularly from people who didn't previously realize I've lost weight. I've always hidden under too-large clothes, so this is helping me shed the mindset that I still look the same on the outside, no matter what the scale says.

Recently, someone who was startled at my seemingly-overnight weight loss told me "you need to eat!" which is the first and only time I've had someone tell me that in my life, except when I was bedridden from the flu. It felt great :)
  • KellB116
    KellB116 Posts: 1
    Options
    NSV: I was able to get into a pair of cute capris that I bought a year ago and couldn't even zip up.

Thank you all so much for sharing! Its difficult to feel motivated sometimes when the scale isn't dropping and this really helped!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    The other day at work "Hey Michelle, those jeans are getting baggy looking!"

When I started work there, I was a size 10. Now my 8's are BAGGY.

::happy dance all the way to my desk::
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Squatting 110 pounds plus the bar. I needed that!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    One of the bodybuilders at my gym gave me some unsolicited encouragement on my hang clean this week. Told me to keep working at it....I've almost got it! :happy:
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My jeans keep falling down whenever I walk! I need to buy a belt (never had a use for one before because I was always *gaining* weight, and so everything was always tight!)
  • sherrin567
    sherrin567 Posts: 13
    Options
    When I bought a pair of jeans that showed my shape rather than hid it and my children thought I looked good.
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    The other night my husband came up behind me, put his hands on my waist and said "D*MN, I can almost get my hands completely around your waist now"! I just had to smile!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Running 3.5 miles and still feeling like I could hit the weights (this coming from a guy who got winded going from the bed to the couch).
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have always walked and I just recently dared to alternate between speed walking and jogging. The longest I've gone is 5mins and I'm trying to wait until I lose 20 more lbs before I do the C25K but sometimes I just get the urge to job hehe From just speed walking to now being able to jog 5mins straight and walk then some more jogging. I'm pretty proud. If I keep pushing I'll be jogging before summer is over. My goal is to jog 3miles straight without stopping. I don't even have a time limit yet but I just want to be able to do the 3 miles jogged. :)
  • Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm still, in my head, not really seeing a whole lot of difference when I look in the mirror, so it was a very happy and unexpected NSV I had recently...

I was out for a walk the sun was shining (first time in a while where I live) and I looked down and saw my shadow walking along with me and had to turn around and do a double take to make sure nobody was following me, because that sure didn't look like my shadow. It was to small. Loved it!

I love this BigDog, Congrats!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I never took a "before" picture from when I joined MFP, but when I was starting 30DS, I decided to take a "before" picture so I could really see if I got any results from the video. My NSV was actually being pretty happy with my "before" picture!! Definitely some room for improvement, but I was surprised that I actually looked alright!
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Fitting in those FAVORITE pair of jeans from 4 years back and they look GOOD! :D
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Having my daughter put on a grumpy face and tell me I am despicable because my six pack is starting to show. :-)