NSV (Non Scale Victory) Not shared enough. Let's hear it!

Options

Replies

• bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    yesterday , 15 mile bike ride and not tired or breathless or exhausted - 4 weeks ago the same ride felt like it was torture, and i couldn't finish
  • BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm still, in my head, not really seeing a whole lot of difference when I look in the mirror, so it was a very happy and unexpected NSV I had recently...

I was out for a walk the sun was shining (first time in a while where I live) and I looked down and saw my shadow walking along with me and had to turn around and do a double take to make sure nobody was following me, because that sure didn't look like my shadow. It was to small. Loved it!
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    1) Finding and keeping the motivation to do SOME form of physical activity every day
    2) Setting and reaching fitness goals i.e. completing Hip Hop Abs, 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30
    3) Being in the best shape of my life!
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1) Having permission from my Hubby to buy a new wardrobe with no questions asked by my size 18 stuff now hangs off me!

2) buying clothes in stores I couldnt pour myself into previously i.e) The Gap, into a size 16 at Old Navy

3) Being able to push out a 6 km run when last year I could barely run 1 minute straight!
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    5. I was able, for the first time in 5 years, to buy clothes in a store that does not specialize in plus sizes. I nearly cried.

Isnt this an amazing feeling!! I actually stopped shoping when I got back to having to shop in a plus size store.. I went to a "Skinny" store yesterday where their plus size is size 14/16/18 and I was able to buy a cute top in a 16 there.. It is THEIR version of "plus" but I a year ago wouldnt have even fit into that!
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a compete new wardrobe for summer! Absolutely nothing fit from last year.
    Oh and I am enjoying shopping for clothes again! Hated it before because nothing fit. Now I can shop in any store! :happy:

^^THIS!!^^

And also, we were at an arena last night where we have attended sporting events in the past. We were there for a health expo, but I ran up to the seats to see how I would fit in them now. There was room for me to slide back and forth in them! Before, I could barely squeeze myself into them and if I wanted to jump up and see an exciting play in the game, I couldn't pry my butt out fast enough. Can't wait to go to a game and feel comfortable!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I belted my belt up to the sixth hole pretty easily today, even after I ate lunch. :D When I started this, the third hole was tight! The holes are pretty far apart, too.

I also realized that I eat more decadently than I did before I started changing my diet. xD
  • egwene1977
    egwene1977 Posts: 69
    Options
    My clothes that were too tight 2 months ago are now getting too big :)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Not obsessing over eating larger meals and feeling guilty because of it.

Letting it be okay if I don't do something active every. single. day.

Making good decisions in the moment and not delaying them until later (i.e. going for a run now rather than saying I'll do some exercise later).

Finding new exercise classes and goals I'm going to enjoy and will encourage me to continue (taking Pilates again and signing up for a marathon).

Realizing a BALANCE is what it's all about. Focusing on weight loss/exercise/fitness all the time is too much for me and isn't sustainable. Making it a smaller, but important part of my life, is making me successful.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Major NSV. Realizing that I wasn't feeling fulfilled and I was trying to replace that feeling with the "happiness" of tasty food. This has been huge for me. Now I can decide if I am hungry, or if I am trying to replace the feeling of happiness that fulfilled people have already.

It's a very personal thing to share, I know, but I think many of us do this and never want to look at it for what it is.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    My little one who is almost 3 is quite a fast runner and today she decided she would run most of the way to school and instead of stopping her I ran alongside her for over 5 minutes. Pity I did not now she was going to do it though as a sports bra and my running shoes would have been a bonus (especially as i was wearing walking boots).

The best thing was her smile as mummy ran with her.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    happy Friday everyone!! NSV for me today; got up and put on my usual favorite jeans... Put on my belt and realized I am down another notch in my belt. With my belt done up the extra notch, it made my pants bunch up comically.... so I grabbed a pair of jeans from my drawer that are usually too tight.... and discovered I need to wear my belt with them because they are GETTING LOOSE TOO!!! :) Hells to the yea!!
  • SDHudgins1976
    SDHudgins1976 Posts: 140
    Options
    Refusing to buy clothes headed into the end of the school year because I just KNOW I will have to buy more before school starts back next year because I will need another size smaller ;) So I'm just making due with what I have for the next couple weeks no matter how sloppy!
    (except that one pair of pants for a job interview next Tuesday, and to wear for church!)
  • 1Mombly
    1Mombly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you go girl, I love those feelings, they can really help when its a long road. I too can zip without killing myself , I will post when it ever happens that i can pull them over my hips without zipping!
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    The scale didn't squeak (groan? lol) when I stepped on it this morning.

It squeaked at 209 lbs. and above. Today at 208, it did not squeak. I keep stepping on it to hear the no-noise.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I started my journey, I was in a size 14 bordering in size 16 jeans. At the time I told myself I would be happy to fit into a size 8 and made that my goal. This week I bought new jeans and shorts and I'm a size 2 now. I've never been this size before and still can't believe it.

Also, I can order "one size only" clothes from Asian brands online. That makes me really happy.
  • farmer50340
    farmer50340 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I smile, my cheeks don't meet the bottoms of my sunglasses anymore.
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm still, in my head, not really seeing a whole lot of difference when I look in the mirror, so it was a very happy and unexpected NSV I had recently...

I was out for a walk the sun was shining (first time in a while where I live) and I looked down and saw my shadow walking along with me and had to turn around and do a double take to make sure nobody was following me, because that sure didn't look like my shadow. It was to small. Loved it!

I walk daily in a park and use my shadow as a gauge. I don't see much difference yet. Your NSV makes me smile.
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Last night I was wearing a skirt that was getting too snug two months ago. I stood with good posture and lifted the waistband and dropped it, and it fell loosely around my waist and settled comfortably on my hips--in the evening, after supper!

That, and having my husband be proud of me! :smooched:
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My bf told me my back and waist looks slimmer! Good bye back fat!