13»

Replies

• chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Move to Alaska :)

20 hours of sunlight FTW

Bears....LOSE

Bears only bother people who don't have guns..... Everyone in AK has guns...... WIN
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I think you should be able to run where ever you want to, we as a society have this "BLAME THE VICTIM" mentality. For example, a woman is raped while jogging late at night in the park, a lot of people are quick to say "SHE SHOULD"T HAVE BEEN JOGGING IN THE DARK"as opposed to "LET FIND THE PERSON THAT DID THIS CRIME".

I really don't think anyone blames the woman jogging . . . .

Interesting. As a matter of fact, among the women that they've blamed for being raped, there was a 11 year old who was gang raped in Texas a couple of year ago. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gang-rape-case-11-year-old-girl-texas-continues-divide-small-town-article-1.156043

Thank you for spoiling everyone's happy Friday mood :grumble:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I never even thought about a headlamp. Will definitely have to look into getting one of those! I live in a pretty secluded area so in reality, "nothing" should happen....I'm just moreorless thinking the worse because I love to scare myself with things like this!

I don't think the headlamp was even $20. A set of batteries in it will last you 3 months easy. I do have to tell you the first time or two you do this it's going to feel creepy. Every horror movie you ever saw will come back to haunt you. You'll soon realize however that there's nothing there and anything you come across including coyotes will be scared to death of you.

Skunks are the real danger in my opinion. They have about a 10 foot range of accuracy. They scamper off the path but they're not in any hurry to do so. You might have to hold up and let them by for a few seconds. I promise that's the worst thing you'll encounter. I'm pretty sure of this.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I think you should be able to run where ever you want to, we as a society have this "BLAME THE VICTIM" mentality. For example, a woman is raped while jogging late at night in the park, a lot of people are quick to say "SHE SHOULD"T HAVE BEEN JOGGING IN THE DARK"as opposed to "LET FIND THE PERSON THAT DID THIS CRIME".

Interesting. As a matter of fact, among the women that they've blamed for being raped, there was a 11 year old who was gang raped in Texas a couple of year ago. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gang-rape-case-11-year-old-girl-texas-continues-divide-small-town-article-1.156043

I stand corrected. People can be pretty idiotic.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Thanks for the information Debbie.

tumblr_mg0qlcNQr31qd9jvmo1_250.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Thank you for spoiling everyone's happy Friday mood :grumble:

Sorry to piss on your picnic but these things happen ALL.THE.TIME.
  • christacb
    christacb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You should probably get mace or a gun!
    I sure wouldn't want to let a rabid animal close enough to be able to use a knife on it.

^^^^^ So true but it makes me feel better. Rabies shots would suck but at least I would be alive!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    In the summer... 20 hours of dark in the winter...
    Move to Alaska :)

20 hours of sunlight FTW