June 2010 - No more snacking after dinner

Replies

• rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Good job Juledes :flowerforyou: Liked your idea about telling yourself you don't NEED the snack. I also tell myself I can get more later.

As for weekends, I try to get extra exercise and under eat calories the day before and after the splurge day. I think it's also helpful to keep your body guessing so going over occasionally is OK. :drinker:

Me 11 / Snacks 3
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    10 me/4 snacks

Even though Snacks won last night, I am proud that I at least made healthy choices. Just a lot of them. Too many to make excuses for. Stress eater...yup that's me. But I'll do better today. No eating past 7 p.m. (Zumba)
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    A quick check-in: Dew: 12 - Late snacks: 2.
  • rosemary10
    Was good tonight (at work even)

Me 12 / Snacks 3

Welcome Sammsamm! :flowerforyou: You can join anytime. We always love new people. _the more the merrier. Hope it's going well for you. :drinker:
  • rosemary10
    10 me/4 snacks

Even though Snacks won last night, I am proud that I at least made healthy choices. Just a lot of them. Too many to make excuses for. Stress eater...yup that's me. But I'll do better today. No eating past 7 p.m. (Zumba)

I hear ya with the stress/comfort eating. That's pretty much me at work.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    11 me/4 snacks

Back on track.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    I am going to try this. No snacking after 7:30 pm.
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    I actually fell asleep while eating dinner...so unlike me. I guess my body was just super tired and I was super relaxed from the yoga class I had just finished. Snacks have not got the best of me yet, but I am starting to feel myself get slack about measuring and picking. I just need to stay strong (and I don;t want to report a failure to you guys)! I will only eat that which I measure. I will not pick. I know what things taste like and I don't need a pich of this and a bit of that to remind me! WE CAN DO THIS!

Everyone is doing amazing! You all are an inspiration!
  • dewdrop
    I'm not sure they totally deserve it, but I like fooling them (the snacks) into thinking I'm theirs again, to just return stronger:
    Dew: 12 - Late snacks: 3
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Welcome Becky282! Nikkie - you are sooooo good! I wish I thought of your quote last night when snacks did get me, because it is great "I know what things taste like and I don't need a pich of this and a bit of that to remind me! "
    So far out of the 15 days in June Snacks won once...last night!
    Tonight I will NOT snack!! Good luck everyone, happy wednesday!!!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Hi-
    First of all, thank you dewdrop for sending me a message and encouraging me to join this month's challenge. :flowerforyou: I had every intention of doing so at the end of May, but then my mom had emergency surgery and I dropped everything and left. I am home now, but will still be in and out for the next couple weeks even tho Mom is fine. While I may not always be logging on to the computer or mfp, I will still try to stick to my cut-off time of 9:30 p.m. (11:30 p.m. if out on the week-end or special occasion).
    So,tonight is my Day 1 of no late night snacking.
    Zaza
    PS Congrats dewdrop on 25 days of no late night snacking for you in May!! :drinker: Quite an accomplishment.
    PPS Juledes, I love your rainbow picture. Very uplifting and beautiful.
  • rosemary10
    Making a new rule for the remaining of June (we're almost half way through :drinker:): no snacks after dinner, no dinner later than 2 hrs before bed. Unless I go overboard with calories, this will give me the points. 8 o'clock would only make sense if I ate properly then. Which isn't always possible. So, for last night: Dew: 11 - Late snacks: 2.

Reason wins! :flowerforyou:
  • rosemary10
    Everyone seems to be having good success for the most part. It's encouraging :drinker:

Welcome Becky :flowerforyou:

Sorry bout your mom Zaza. Glad she's on the mend :smile: :smile:

me 13 snacks 3
  • dewdrop
    I'm not sure they totally deserve it, but I like fooling them (the snacks) into thinking I'm theirs again, to just return stronger

So I did. Boy, was I determined this time :wink:: Dew: 13 - Late snacks: 3
    Now on to beat the unlucky number :wink:

Zaza, so glad you're back at this.
    Rosemary, thanks for always finding the right words - btw, I came up over breakfast yesterday with a funny (I hope) comment for you. Remember last month when I said you shouldn't try to even me out at the points given to snacks? hehe you said you honestly weren't aiming for that. So I though that yes, you weren't, but your snacks were; they were simply trying to keep mine company :laugh:
    juledes, hope tonight went well. You are inspirational.
    Lorna, wassup? :smile:
    Hope everyone else is keeping on keeping on :smile:
  • dewdrop
    nikkieliivey - you're so motivational. Awesome job! :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    11 me/5 snacks

OOPS :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: But I do have to say the ice cream was SOOOO good. Hadn't had any in awhile. And eating it with my two favorite guys made it all worth while.
  • rosemary10
    Dew - you're right! It IS the little thieving snacks trying to keep themselves company. Thats my new name for them (LTS). lol :laugh:

Lulabelle - Once in awhile is not going to hurt you. 2 to go is great place to be. :flowerforyou:

Best to all tonight! :drinker:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    12 me/5 junk (I think)

I really don't remember what time I finished dinner last night, but I do know I didn't eat anything afterwards. I've been sick, so I haven't had a huge appetite either way. I'm going to give it to me :)
  • dewdrop
    I'm again with Rosemary, Lorna - you deserved the sweet reward, considering how strong you were every night.

Last night was good, I finished dinner by 8 again, so Dew: 14 - Late snacks 3 (hey, I'm past the "unlucky" number! :happy:)
  • rosemary10
    Lorna - Sorry you"re sick.

Last night I was good up until midnight, and actually I didn't buy any snacks until I ate all my "good food" first. But the cut off of 4:00 am is not working since I go to bed about 9:00 am. I'm just too hungry lately. Felt yucky at work about 5 ish so got some coffee and an Egg Mcmuffin. Needless to say it's only mid afternoon and I'm over my calories for the day and I still gotta stay up another 7 hours and eat supper. Sometimes it's just that way.

Tomorrow is going to be fun since my niece is getting married. I'm just going to be reasonable and enjoy my extended family.
This discussion has been closed.