How much is your gym membership?

Options

Replies

• cole_ashleyy
    cole_ashleyy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    FREE!!

But that's only cause I work there... before I started working there I went to Crunch and it was like $9.95/month... totally do-able. There was also a one time enrollment fee and there's an annual fee of like $40 but honestly, I had almost no money and I could manage it :)
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I am retired military so free at one of the military bases, but I also pay $10 per. month at Chuze fitness which I use 1-2 times per week.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I go to a small locally owned gym. They had a special for Black Friday where you could buy 6 mos. and get 6 mos free, so that worked out to about $12 a month. But I also started going to boot camp a few weeks ago and that was an additional $149 for 12 weeks, 3x a week.
  • tweetiejovi
    tweetiejovi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    £10.99 per month just gym no swim or sauna lots of classes but zumba and bowka are an extra £2
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I pay $77/month and it includes all kinds of classes, spa treatments, etc. My gym is also a licensed spa and serves wine and food Hahaha. I'm a bit spoiled.
  • MattN1972
    MattN1972 Posts: 117
    Options
    Work gym 59.99
    Home gym 29.99
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    All the "women should lift heavy" posts have me hankering for a gym membership so I can have access to free weights, but our budget is reeeeeally tight, and all my healthy grocery shopping isn't exactly freeing up extra money for it right now.

What about working out at home?? I am doing a program right now that costs just as much as a gym per month but its at ome and I keep he dvds and it's a bunch of dvd's ad different routines everytime. I love it!!
  • CeriGrindrod
    CeriGrindrod Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    free because i am a military wife :D - BONUSSSSSSS :D
  • chattyts
    chattyts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Free, except for the occasional parking fee. I enjoy walking, hiking and biking. Each week I try to find a new place to hike and that has been the best workout for me. I also have a small weight set I use at home, trying to tone my arms. In our garage, I also have a stationery bike and elliptical, I try to use them daily.
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    $290 a month to the Palmas Athletic Club....a bit pricey i know but tons of amenities including 20 tennis courts, a fitness center, 2 pro shops, 2 golf courses (18 holes), a beach club with 5 pools, some for laps, some for leisure, and water slides for the kids, complete with a restaurant and a bar!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    $21.00 a month with tax...which I am dumping as soon as my contract is up in September.
  • Canuck_Fit
    Canuck_Fit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    $290 a month to the Palmas Athletic Club....a bit pricey i know but tons of amenities including 20 tennis courts, a fitness center, 2 pro shops, 2 golf courses (18 holes), a beach club with 5 pools, some for laps, some for leisure, and water slides for the kids, complete with a restaurant and a bar!

Holy bleep...over 3000$ a year for an athletic club...that's some serious $$$ for working out.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I used to have an LA fitness membership and was $40/month. I just had Anytime fitness and was $39/month. I quit anytime because I got a new job that has a gym FREE of charge in the building but wish I could access something on the weekends. Was there an initial fee when you joined LA fitness? I'm thinking of going back there...
    I did pay an initiation fee. I can't remember the exact price. But my rate is locked it and I have access to all the clubs except the "special" ones in NY.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    As I'm a low-income individual in part due to employers not wanting to hire me as a person with a visual impairment...I had been looking at the Y and even with their discount it's a bit more expensive than the city facilities. So I opted for the city centre for now and when I get more money...I'll maybe go to the Athletic Club or the Y. Without the low income/disability discount you can get a "class A" membership for 500$ all included save personal training which is a few bucks more but not much; I paid around...345? In September when I found out I was approved.

Class A mmebership allows me access to all 7 city facilities, which have more to offer than a smaller, cheaper class B facility. So I have access to both 'classes' of city centres with my membership which gives me more options.

Better than the local GoodLife as the ones that aren't co-ed here are more 'barbie weights' oriented maybe not as good as the Y or Athletic Club but I have all I need... a pool, well-maintained cardio machines and a good selections of free weights or machines as well as friendly, helpful staff and all depending where I go one of the places I go to's "busy" period maybe has...8-12 people in there? "Busy being from 10AM-3PM
  • 7L551
    7L551 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Goodlife got some good deals.
    It really depends on you, if you are a doctor/dentist then there is a huge discount from your association.
    Anyways, I signed up along with my 4 members family. The deal goes as this. The first paying person pays around 60$ monthly. the 2nd 50$ and the rest are 34$ (does not matter how many members you have after that).
    Now this deal will give you access to all goodlife gyms, but what I really like about goodlife is that they got a pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, and definitely the group work classes

I'l be honest it might be a bit expensive, But going to the Gym is a really important thing Trust me on this one.
    I tried many home exercise DVDs like Shaun T (Insanity) and p90x, but the gym was the most effective (IFF YOU FOLLOW A DECENT DIET).

All in all, since you are paying for a gym you will be committed unlike as I mentioned a sec ago Insanity or P90X
    Try to go with a friend or family member, it will greatly increase your burning output. (I lost 4 kg in 4 visits to the gym)

If you have any further questions msg me and add me as a friend :D
    Best of luck in your journey
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Used to be £42 a month (student discount) for unlimited access to all centres in my borough but never went lol Too much work having to get a bus to the best one.
    I now pay £16 for a gym 2 mins from my house, but the classes are crap/never on, so looking at joining one 5 mins from my house that has better classes. Unfortunatly the £16 gym I'm stuck with till January.
    The really good gyms are £50+ a month that I just can't afford.
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Holy bleep...over 3000$ a year for an athletic club...that's some serious $$$ for working out.

lets just say I'm dedicated to my fitness! :)
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Mine is about $45 a month (300 kr. in Swedish money), but my work reimburses up to 2000 kr. per year (about $300), so that covers a little more than half per year. It's a great benefit!
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    i pay 54 monthly at anytime fitness but thats with my EMS discount and a family member included on my membership