Why has cheese such a bad name?

Options
124»

Replies

• lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love~ cheese, although I will admit in the past I used to eat far too much of it!
    It's really hard for me not to smother my food in cheese, but I'm doing well!

I think cheese got a bad name because people assume because it's high in fat and calories it's really bad for you.
    I never really thought of it like that, I always thought it was really good for you.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    <<--- Body by cheese :) (and also better cholesterol ratios, lower triglycerides, and lower blood sugar since I started eating MORE of it, along with other fats.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    IMO, the only cheese with a band name is Fromunda.

boke lol
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I believe you can actually be shot in France for suggesting a diet free of cheese.
  • honeylissabee
    honeylissabee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    What a friend we have in cheeses,
    Gorgonzola, blue, and brie,
    What a privilege to serve them
    Sliced with fruit, for you and me.
    Oh Canadian Black Diamond!
    Who could ever ask for more?
    Smoky, earthy, full of flavor,
    Aged since 1994.

I sang this...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Its because cheese is made of dairy and everyone knows that dairy is bad for you. It gives zits and breakouts, and also most cheesy stuff are loaded with grease
    Why is dairy bad for you? It might give you zits and breakouts when you're like 12, but it doesn't do that to adults.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Its because cheese is made of dairy and everyone knows that dairy is bad for you. It gives zits and breakouts, and also most cheesy stuff are loaded with grease
    Why is dairy bad for you? It might give you zits and breakouts when you're like 12, but it doesn't do that to adults.
    Took the words right outta my mouth. I eat dairy, including cheese, milk, yogurt, sour cream, ice cream, whipped cream, etc on a regular basis - good stuff! Protein, calcium, potassium - bring it on!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    My issue was I didn't measure it. The first time I cut my normal amount and is was like 4oz! 440 calories! I had no idea! I personally now don't eat much because I just feel bloated after eating it,

I feel kind of bloated after eating anything dairy- yogurt, cheese or milk. 400 calories is a lot for that small amount of cheese. I try to get calcium in other ways.

I probably feel bad after eating it because I eat too much, even if I am staying on program. You can eat a whole container of nonfat yogurt for not many calories. I like that at first but feel bad after eating it. My stomach does not like it.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Mmmh cheese. I love cheese.

I was actually surprised the first time I weighed it how little I use. 20g is enough cheddar for a couple of oatcakes, or today I had 20g melted on my tuna sandwich which added so much more taste and really made me feel satisfied. Same with feta and 30g portion is loads and again only abotu 100cals.

I find adding small amounts of high fat foods makes mefeel fuller.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I believe you can actually be shot in France for suggesting a diet free of cheese.
    QFT...........guillotined in the town square all the while throwing American processed cheese slices and plastic mozzarella at them.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I think probably because of the fat content...idgaf, though. Fat is not the devil. I loooooove extra sharp cheddar cheese paired with cubes of guava paste. Good Lord that stuff is delicious.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Also, <--- currently eating a parmesan crisp. "The crisp made entirely from cheese!"
    3 cookie sized crisps, 80 cals, :smokin:
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I read something about cheese once and it stuck in my brain as true....."Think of cheese like modified butter" It's ok to eat butter, but you will be in trouble if you eat a whole stick. Used in moderation and as more of a garnish rather than the main course, it's fine.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I love cheese and as I'm a veggie I see it as a great protein boost. As with everything I try to eat it in moderation....thats not always easy though lol
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I think cheese is a pretty good guy. Eh calorie dense and doesn't afraid of anything.

All in all...I love cheese.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

That makes total sense.
  • SlimmyInTraining2103
    Options
    What a friend we have in cheeses,
    Gorgonzola, blue, and brie,
    What a privilege to serve them
    Sliced with fruit, for you and me.
    Oh Canadian Black Diamond!
    Who could ever ask for more?
    Smoky, earthy, full of flavor,
    Aged since 1994.
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    wow cheese is quite a heated topic, i guess like everything once in moderation it is ok to enjoy it, i do like it on crackers now or in a toastie, can't go wrong :)...i usually buy sliced packets or cut approx 20g so i know how much calorie wise I am eating, that way I can be accountable. :)