Any other 1200 calories/day consumers? Add me!

Options

Replies

• awurakua
    awurakua Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 cal diet too, pls add me
  • lyndyloolaa
    lyndyloolaa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I aim for the 1200 mark myself - feel free to add me guys :)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Im not going to say how many calories im on.. im currently not logging my food, nor is my TDEE set. Im too busy right now to log, but i have a notebook im logging in.. I WOULD like to say that If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say it. If you cant offer an answer to her question, DONT answer it. If you feel she isnt within the guidelines, then report her & let MFP decide..

YOU arent the MFP police. Sheesh... people who obviously need to be exercising or something, because you obvs. have way too much time on your hands.

By the way.. feel free to add me. I dont judge ANYONE. I support those who eat 2200 or 1200. Im here to listen! Good luck with the choices you are making for you. If you ask my opinion, I will offer it.. which you did not do in this thread, therefor I shall keep my opinions to myself!

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • apriljackss
    apriljackss Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    lol who are these people to tell you what's healthy for YOU? I'm 1200 calories as well on days that I don't work out. I'm 5'3" and sit at a desk all day so really, eating more than 1200 is what brought me here. On days I do work out (I try to at least 4 days a week) I get to eat more and usually I'm much more hungry. I don't feel deprived on days that I don't. I just grab some nuts or an apple or something to snack on.

I just think it's funny that people want to assume they know everything just because something didn't work for them. The beautiful part of life is that we're all different. I sent you a friend request :)
  • LittleMsEva
    LittleMsEva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    tried that...body hit a caveman mode and started holding on to everything i was eating eventually i had gained almost all my weight back. Super unhealthy for you, I would rethink it!

Thanks for your input, hun =) but i don't find it unhealthy for me, I stay quite full at 1,2 =) even below.
  • LittleMsEva
    Options
    I eat 1200 a day, usually by noon. The best way to get that "bubble butt" you say you want in your profile would be to up your calories slowly to 1800 or more and start squatting. Thigh gaps are due to genetics. There are a lot of great women on my FL who you could learn a lot from.

I can't stomach the idea of consuming 1,800calories a day. (pun pun). I've already noticed my bum getting more defined regardless of upping my calories, just by squatting. But thankyou for your opinion.
  • LittleMsEva
    Options
    I am also starving...please feel free to add me (while I still have the strength to type!) x

You're not even remotely funny (: leave.
  • LittleMsEva
    Options
    Im not going to say how many calories im on.. im currently not logging my food, nor is my TDEE set. Im too busy right now to log, but i have a notebook im logging in.. I WOULD like to say that If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say it. If you cant offer an answer to her question, DONT answer it. If you feel she isnt within the guidelines, then report her & let MFP decide..

YOU arent the MFP police. Sheesh... people who obviously need to be exercising or something, because you obvs. have way too much time on your hands.

By the way.. feel free to add me. I dont judge ANYONE. I support those who eat 2200 or 1200. Im here to listen! Good luck with the choices you are making for you. If you ask my opinion, I will offer it.. which you did not do in this thread, therefor I shall keep my opinions to myself!

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

We need more people like you, thankyou hun
  • LittleMsEva
    Options
    lol who are these people to tell you what's healthy for YOU? I'm 1200 calories as well on days that I don't work out. I'm 5'3" and sit at a desk all day so really, eating more than 1200 is what brought me here. On days I do work out (I try to at least 4 days a week) I get to eat more and usually I'm much more hungry. I don't feel deprived on days that I don't. I just grab some nuts or an apple or something to snack on.

I just think it's funny that people want to assume they know everything just because something didn't work for them. The beautiful part of life is that we're all different. I sent you a friend request :)

I can't agree more =) I'm 5'2, and am currently overweight, i love how people can sit and criticize, they have nothing better to do. They don't know my life, they don't know anyone's life. What if someone had an eating disorder and could not eat more than a certain amount, what if someone felt comfortable eating below 1.2k (even if it's a pyschological mindset) but setting that limit made them purge-free for weeks? If someone is not hungry, and manages to set a calorie-limit, It pisses me off to see people try to force their ideas on others. I don't mind opinions, comments, suggestions, but actively trying to get someone to change by insulting their diet is just plain rude and disrespectful. My life, my body. Not theirs.

Thanks for your post hun <3
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    jim.gif
  • LindaAllison
    LindaAllison Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 4'10" and should also eat 1200 calories before exercise. I do exercise 5-6 times a week and burn about 350 to 550 calories when I exercise. I add my exercise calories back in since I am currently not interested in weight loss. I am not good about logging my calories daily though. I don't find myself getting hungry unless it is time to refuel. I do eat a lot of veggies though.
  • bd12310007
    bd12310007 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am also on 1200 a day, but I tend to eat around 1,000. The Food tracker says I need to eat more because of my exercise level, but that seems like way too much. I feel like if I ate all the calories I burned working out, I'd just stay the same and lose any weight. Plus I'm skeptical at how accurate all this tracking is because I'm not seeing any results yet, but it's only been a couple days since I've been formally tracking (before that it was on paper in a notebook), so we'll see how the next few weeks go.
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    I eat under 1,300 if you'd still like to add me :)
  • flutterbye811
    flutterbye811 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

I can't agree more =) I'm 5'2, and am currently overweight, i love how people can sit and criticize, they have nothing better to do. They don't know my life, they don't know anyone's life. What if someone had an eating disorder and could not eat more than a certain amount, what if someone felt comfortable eating below 1.2k (even if it's a pyschological mindset) but setting that limit made them purge-free for weeks? If someone is not hungry, and manages to set a calorie-limit, It pisses me off to see people try to force their ideas on others. I don't mind opinions, comments, suggestions, but actively trying to get someone to change by insulting their diet is just plain rude and disrespectful. My life, my body. Not theirs.

Thanks for your post hun <3

you know what, after second thought- it's not even worth it.
  • shannondbarnum
    shannondbarnum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    my dr told me to eat 1200 calories a day unless I work out then I need to eat more. so that is what I have been doing. I'm pretty sure my dr knows what she is talking about. feel free to add me
  • jicohen117
    jicohen117 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to stay around 1200 per day too, and my trainer/nutritionist gave me the go-ahead on it. Do I sometimes go over 1200 if I'm going out with friends or something? Yes. Do I sometimes fall below 1200 if I'm having one of those days where I'm running around like a crazy person with no time to eat? Of course. But keeping my intake in the general vicinity of 1200 is what has worked for me so far!
  • BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    Options

This, exactly. I'm 5'3 and a half in my stocking feet, and I am as lazy as the day is long when it comes to working out. That's why all my exercise is logged as either walking or house work, because I don't work out. I also was told by my doctor when I asked him about wanting to lose weight because I was borderline diabetic that 1200 calories was plenty for me if I wanted to lose weight. He said as long as I wasn't making a habit of going under 1000 on a regular basis, I was absolutely fine.

I certainly didn't get this heavy eating by 1200 calories a day. I got that way by eating WAY more than I needed to, obviously. I think possibly the people giving flack over this are a few inches taller and more active than we are. I've noticed most of us are on the shorter side.

ETA: I thought about this as well. My goal of 30 lbs is a mini-goal. I still have another 20 that needs to come off after that, just to not be considered overweight for my frame. To put it nicely, I'm VERY overweight, and I got that way from eating way too many calories. In light of this I think I'm doing less harm eating 1200 calories than I would be doing to remain at this size.
  • Persistence30
    Options
    Okay so I don't think people understand that most of us on a 1200 cal diet are short people... oh my if I ate 1200 calories by noon I would definitely gain weight. Granted right now I am on a liquid diet but before this I was not... and losing a little here and there and from reflecting throughout the years if I ate a lot even if it was healthy I gained weight! Anyways this is my venting from looking at the post telling us to eat more. 5 foot gals even active ones have to watch their calorie intake and we are just not as lucky to eat more than 1200 calories a day unless we are truly running marathons or something to that extreme with activities. I do believe that listening to our bodies is key so if you are starving maybe you should change something up like eating things that are more filling but bottom line is that we all are different. I am on a 1200 calorie diet and usually lower however I am only 5 ft and I don't feel like I am starving... I am happy with what I am doing though I don't recommend it if you don't think you will like a liquid diet but its easy for me. I will soon be ready to incorporate more solid healthy foods slowly but like I said I actually like the shakes and its working for me because I am more than ever listening to my body.

But more than anything I am on this website for the overall goal of support and learning...I accept the constructive criticism and am open to learning. Either way if your calorie is 1200 or 3000 we all want to be healthier and we should support one another through the struggles. Good luck to all of us figuring our way through this healthy lifestyle and I do believe we all may require a little difference in our paths to get there...if not it would be easy.
  • BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Okay so I don't think people understand that most of us on a 1200 cal diet are short people... oh my if I ate 1200 calories by noon I would definitely gain weight. Granted right now I am on a liquid diet but before this I was not... and losing a little here and there and from reflecting throughout the years if I ate a lot even if it was healthy I gained weight! Anyways this is my venting from looking at the post telling us to eat more. 5 foot gals even active ones have to watch their calorie intake and we are just not as lucky to eat more than 1200 calories a day unless we are truly running marathons or something to that extreme with activities. I do believe that listening to our bodies is key so if you are starving maybe you should change something up like eating things that are more filling but bottom line is that we all are different. I am on a 1200 calorie diet and usually lower however I am only 5 ft and I don't feel like I am starving... I am happy with what I am doing though I don't recommend it if you don't think you will like a liquid diet but its easy for me. I will soon be ready to incorporate more solid healthy foods slowly but like I said I actually like the shakes and its working for me because I am more than ever listening to my body.

But more than anything I am on this website for the overall goal of support and learning...I accept the constructive criticism and am open to learning. Either way if your calorie is 1200 or 3000 we all want to be healthier and we should support one another through the struggles. Good luck to all of us figuring our way through this healthy lifestyle and I do believe we all may require a little difference in our paths to get there...if not it would be easy.

You hit the nail on the head. Different strokes for different folks. I don't care if someone is eating 1200 or 3200, if that's what works for them, more power to them. And for the record, after the first three days of adjusting, I am almost never hungry by the time I finish my day. If I am, I'll eat more. I don't really care, I'm not that strict with my numbers. It rarely happens though.
  • MoosieMooMama
    Options
    1200 is a ton of fun.
    Not so much when your hair starts falling out and your thyroid and adrenals are fried.

But still, I wish everyone the best of luck and health. :)