Any other 1200 calories/day consumers? Add me!

Options

Replies

• nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 calorie diet because that's what my doctor told me to do. I'm going to keep what I'm doing because a professional told me I can lose weight this way. But I'm also at a sedentary job and am just starting back to working out. I may bump up my caloric intake if I start doing more strenuous exercise.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    MFP actually suggested 1220 cal / day for me.. so if thats unhealthy, then this entire website is wrong.
  • carriedjp
    carriedjp Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 a day but it says I'll only lose 1 pound a week??? if I only eat 1200 per day, that is if I can actully do it I gaurantee I'll lose more than a pound. I'll be starving and grumpy and dreaming about food all day and night.

Also is it hard for anyone else to sleep when you're so hungry that you could eat a large pizza in 5 minutes?
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 a day, usually by noon. The best way to get that "bubble butt" you say you want in your profile would be to up your calories slowly to 1800 or more and start squatting. Thigh gaps are due to genetics. There are a lot of great women on my FL who you could learn a lot from.

Why on earth is it that these self-anointed experts who have been asked not to start with their lecture on a specific post just cannot let a moment go by without lecturing?

I'm doing great on 1,200 a day, often a little under. Feel free to add me.

They just can't help themselves can they. Still they'll learn that not everybody is obsessive about food, hence why we don't feel the need to stuff our faces every two hours.

OP I am on 1200 per day, it's easily doable and speaking for myself I am not starving either, probably because I have to ensure all the grub I stick in my mouth is nutritious and there is no junk there lol.

Feel free to add, if you want xxx
  • AngelCaudill
    Options
    I am doing great on a 1200 calorie diet....along with some products I use and my workout routine I'm already losing weight and I've been doing this for 3 days! Feel free to add me as well!
  • __Di__
    Options
    1200 is a ton of fun.
    Not so much when your hair starts falling out and your thyroid and adrenals are fried.

But still, I wish everyone the best of luck and health. :)

:noway: Are you for real? My hair has never looked healthier and my thyroid and adrenals are far from fried.

For the Love of God have some people been abducted by aliens and replaced with droids on MFP :laugh:
  • Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1200 cal diet! :) It's been working for me for 8 months now and I have lost 44lbs! I am rarely hungry or "starving" ( and my hair isn't falling out!) If I work out I will eat my cals back. Add me if you want!
  • Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    . Are you for real? My hair has never looked healthier and my thyroid and adrenals are far from fried.

For the Love of God have some people been abducted by aliens and replaced with droids on MFP

**MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!! :)
  • Elena1259
    Elena1259 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am & just don't understand the "track food" section. I keep track daily, but it I'm under 1200, it'll say I'm not getting enough (calories). But then if I'm over, the amount will show it in red as a negative. It really doesn't make sense.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    tried that...body hit a caveman mode and started holding on to everything i was eating eventually i had gained almost all my weight back. Super unhealthy for you, I would rethink it!

Thanks for your input, hun =) but i don't find it unhealthy for me, I stay quite full at 1,2 =) even below.

I'm in the eat what you want category as long as you are trying to hit the 1200 minimum, but you can't say in your first post that "sometimes I'm starving" and then use "I stay quite full" as an argument in the same thread.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i aim for 1300. feel free to add.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I like this thread.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Haha, plebs.

Tried the 1200 thing. My body shut down.

Food is not the enemy, guys and gals.

If you like to eat, lift and think fit is the new skinny, send me a FR. <3
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I might be going closer to 1200 soon. I've been eating at TDEE -20% for about three weeks now and it seems like I've been losing and gaining the same two pounds. I was at 1200 calories but I plateaued for several weeks, which is why I tried the TDEE method. Eating 1200 calories a day helped me lose 75 pounds so if I don't start seeing some lower numbers on the scale I'm going back to eating 1200 calories.
  • __Di__
    Options
    I am & just don't understand the "track food" section. I keep track daily, but it I'm under 1200, it'll say I'm not getting enough (calories). But then if I'm over, the amount will show it in red as a negative. It really doesn't make sense.

It's always done that, don't worry about it. Let's put it this way, only ONCE have I ever managed to hit 1200 calories total to the exact number, just one time. The rest of the time I am either under by a few calories, or over but a little. All we can do is try our best.
  • LittleMsEva
    LittleMsEva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1200 is a ton of fun.
    Not so much when your hair starts falling out and your thyroid and adrenals are fried.

But still, I wish everyone the best of luck and health. :)

O Rlly? My hair seems to be getting healthier, and healthier (: Probably weighs a good 3 KG too.

http://i41.tinypic.com/n1w9r7.jpg
  • LittleMsEva
    Options
    Haha, plebs.

Tried the 1200 thing. My body shut down.

Food is not the enemy, guys and gals.

If you like to eat, lift and think fit is the new skinny, send me a FR. <3

If i get full at 1,000, I get full. Period. 1200 is just a number, Oh jolly, 1,200 is SOOOO unhealthy, perhaps i should bump my calorie-intake to 1,201 - Maybe the critics would lay off my back.
  • LittleMsEva
    Options
    tried that...body hit a caveman mode and started holding on to everything i was eating eventually i had gained almost all my weight back. Super unhealthy for you, I would rethink it!

Thanks for your input, hun =) but i don't find it unhealthy for me, I stay quite full at 1,2 =) even below.

I'm in the eat what you want category as long as you are trying to hit the 1200 minimum, but you can't say in your first post that "sometimes I'm starving" and then use "I stay quite full" as an argument in the same thread.

I've adapted. I am no longer that hungry.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    The key to staying full at 1200 calories is lots of protein and fiber. I upped my cals to 1560 and gained weight back. I am currently doing TDEE -15%, to lose that weight-this puts me just under 1200 cals.

Everyones TDEE is different, and if its small like mine, you may be eating 1200 calories or less. DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!

I re-evaluate my goals every 6 weeks.

Feel free to add me-my diary is open. I eat very healthy. Tend to stay away from heavily processed foods. I won't judge but may offer advice concerning macros. If you are eating the right foods-there is no reason to be hungry at 1200 calories.
  • HOLIDAYS17
    Options
    I too am on 1200 calories. I find if I have round about 250 calories for breakfast, 250 for lunch, 500 for dinner, I then have 200 left for snacks or they are there if I go over my calories on my meals, I find this works. I have lost 25lb since beginning February, even though there are only 21lb on my fitnesspal, as didn't join until been dieting for 1 month. Hope this helps. Carol (HOLIDAYS17)