Biggest craving since dieting?

Options
124»

Replies

• YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    Chocolate, ice cream, iced coffee, bread with nutella and peanut butter, cake, candy... Cheese, man i miss cheese. And spareribs with the sauce and everything.
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Pizza. I haven't had a slice since December 2, 2012.
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    Options
    I'm not normally a pizza eater but for some reason that sounds super good right now. My cheat meal of choice is always a cheeseburger and fries from just about anywhere.

Oh and alcohol, a nice cold glass a beer or a glass of wine. :(
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Nothing, because I don't restrict anything, so I can't really call it a craving when I don't yearn and pine for and write love letters to whatever food I feel like eating in the moment.

It's a pretty fabulous system.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I craved a burger for about 5 years and when I finally had one I only ate half. I didn't really like it. I have gone without a lot of foods for 5 years like rice, & pasta and stuff like that and now that I am trying stuff again I find that I don't really care for it and want to eat my normal foods. Now that stands true for me with everything but sweets because the first time I had a bite of cake it was so freaking good I thought I was going to pass out :)
  • suki_j
    suki_j Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Real cheese (now i only have cottage cheese), and kebab meat with chips from the local takeaway :( Makes me hungry just thinking about it
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I love carbs and cheese. I have never been a takeout person - I'm quite fussy with quality and tend to cook at home. I had some tortellini the other day, just a small portion, but it really added fuel to my hunger and now I can't stop thinking about it.
    What I miss most is:
    - Pizza. The Italian, thin crust kind with several cheeses.
    - Pasta. Linguini with seafood and loads of parmesan.
    - A kick-*kitten* blue cheese burger.

I don't miss sweets as much. I've stopped eating it and I don't crave sugar so much. Unfortunately I cannot lower my craving for carbs and cheese. I try to compromise by adding small amount of strong flavoured cheese. One tbs of parmesan is only 21 kcal and it adds a lot of flavour so I usually spread it over chicken or fish.

Also, alcohol but I still have it. Usually I go with a gin and slimline tonic and occasionally I make room in my diet plan for wine. But I really miss being able to have as much red wine as I want.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I had one... a quiche craving. So I had one for my first cheat meal and made a healthier one at home... craving done now. That's it.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bagel & cream cheese, I usually ate that every morning now I'm having Cheerios, I'm missing that the most.

crazy craving today was homemade kettle corn that a "friend" gave me. I don't usually eat popcorn so not being able to stay away from that dang bag of kettle corn has really upset me today. So I ate some, put it in my diary and tossed the rest in the garbage.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Normal people seem to get carb cravings, but I get meat cravings. I want lots of meat, all the time. Also milk. I frequently have to fight off the urge to drink milk. I dont drink calories on my diet so its frustrating. Its bbq season so my beef cravings are out of control. I need that charcoal grilled steak goodness, and im not satisfied with a small portion.
  • corrsfan
    corrsfan Posts: 26
    Options
    When I'm not watching what I eat I tend to crave sugar in a bad way and that for me means chocolate cake, chocolate bars, etc. I have a chocolate bar that's mostly wafer now on a regular basis and it doesn't really have much nutritional value but it's only 170 calories so I find a way to fit it in :-D Having said that though, I found that since I changed my daily fruit platter from mango & banana to watermelon & pineapple I rarely have sugar cravings. I assume that's cause the fruits are quite sweet and I can have a larger quantity of them for the same calories as a smaller amount of mango & banana.

French fry people: congratulations on going 4 months without this most incredibly delicious of foods :-) I can't even imagine that. I have fries for lunch or dinner every Sunday and it's ridiculous how excited I am every Saturday night anticipating that, lol.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Chinese food and white bread
  • Reeceybaby1988
    Options
    none, i eat what i want and still lose weight :D IIFYM!
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    - Pasta with butter and loads of cheese
    - Cheese pizza
    - Cupcakes
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I didn't give up anything.
  • TheNavet
    TheNavet Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Baklava :cry: ! I used to eat three pieces in one sitting, be sick as a dog later and yet still crave some :embarassed:
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Beer, measured in pints :D
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Homemade sugar cookies I used to make...they were so soft and chewy and delicious, and I haven't made them in months :sad:
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I still eat wtever I want just in smaller portions.