how do you interpret this text?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Dear OP -

Here are your two major issues. One, why do you want to devote any effort or time to someone who's been lying to you? And two - why would you trust an internet message board with answers to this?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Touche.

It's so much easier said than done. Tell it to my heart :/

GROW SOME LADY BALLS! Stop listening to your heart permanently if it is telling you this is a good idea. You have a brain for a reason. If your brain says stay away then listen to it. If your brain says go for it then please check with someone with common sense before you make any decisions at all.

To all the ladies out there: Please stop dating losers! If we all stop putting out for the losers eventually they will have to step up their game to get any and the world will be better off.

Yup. Guys will treat you how you allow yourself to be treated.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    And two - why would you trust an internet message board with answers to this?

I never understand when people say this. There are a lot of experiences, intelligent people on the internet whose opinions you can get access to. In real life you cant really talk to all your friends about such issues and they dont have the diversity of experience. IMO, internet is the best place to ask such questions.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I want to! But I can't seem to let go. Could he be referring to me?

NO. He is not referring to you! LOL! Don't lie to yourself!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    The farther you run from him, the more calories you will burn!

FTW!!!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    And two - why would you trust an internet message board with answers to this?

I never understand when people say this. There are a lot of experiences, intelligent people on the internet whose opinions you can get access to. In real life you cant really talk to all your friends about such issues and they dont have the diversity of experience. IMO, internet is the best place to ask such questions.

How do you know if friends don't have that level of experience without talking to them? And if you can't talk to your friends about things like this, then they're probably not really your friends.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What I don't get about girls, and I don't mean this offensively, is why you're so quick to hate on the GIRL but make excuses for the GUY.

We don't all do this. Some of us are mature adults with self respect.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I want to! But I can't seem to let go. Could he be referring to me?

NO. He is not referring to you! LOL! Don't lie to yourself!

THIS.

I sometimes use 3rd person in conversation, but it's ALWAYS in context. If he's usually not coy, why would he all of a sudden start?

To me there doesn't seem to be much interest here.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I love this quote from Maya Angelou: "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them"

I think Maya Angelou meant that in a more positive sense. I believe she meant once people show you honestly who they are, you can believe them.

i beg to differ. sometimes when u just mean someone they will say something and you have your doubts about what it meant or think its a joke, or think it won't apply to you etc, but if you really listen to them you will realize who they really are and what their true intentions are early on and save yourself time and heartache.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    So, she's the skank because you were hooking up with her boyfriend? Oh.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options
    See if I were talking to a man and got the text "stop texting my man"
    A) she wouldn't be a skank
    B) he would be
    C) I would run far away, he is trouble.

As for "idk" and "you might know her"
    Idk = yes (but I am looking are you offering?"
    You might know her = but if we do talk keep it on the DL Cuz IDK!

Ha...what she said
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    What exactly didn't you get?

"Can you please stop texting my man?" - His girlfriend went through his texts, saw your texts, he probably told her that you're just some crazy chick who's been stalking him, so she sent that text to make sure you know he's taken.

"IDK"- I do have a girlfriend, but I don't want to tell you that because I think there's still a chance that I might bang you once in a while. I don't want to flat out lie and say I don't, because then you'll want to BE the girlfriend, and I am not interested.

"You might know her" - You might know her, if you do, please don't tell her.

BAM! Hit the nail on the head!!
  • ThoseRabbits
    ThoseRabbits Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    dump him an find someone else
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Touche.

tumblr_mce3fnwQYS1qg39ewo1_500.gif
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Touche.

tumblr_mce3fnwQYS1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Bravo, man! :drinker:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am taking what you said from his text is that he has a gf. I suggest you need to move on because you're wasting your time on this one.
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options
    The farther you run from him, the more calories you will burn!

THE MORE YOU KNOW - BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER! :bigsmile:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You are right. And I know this is going to sound like an excuse for him...but he's a Marine with PTSD. He's had it rough coming back.

I know lots of guys with PTSD (fiancé was SF and has lots of prior military friends that are like my family now) and I've seen a lot of them at their worst. Honestly, it's not the PTSD that's making him manipulative, he's just an *kitten*. Sounds like he has a gf, you asked a straight yes or no answer and got "idk you might know her" which indicates "yes, and I'm also a douche"

Find someone who will treat you with more respect, you deserve it
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    :huh: Doesn't matter what he means. Even if he means you please just run. This is not how you want to start a relationship, having to wait for ages and try and get him to show interest in you. The only people that deserve to be in a relationship with you are the ones that are persistent and consistent about wanting to see you. PTSD is sad, and I've known people with it, but it does not directly cause a person to send ambiguous and noncommittal texts to someone they really like, or play around with multiple women. That's just his dbag showing. Decide what kind of girl you are by either playing along with his games or standing up and finding someone who will treat you right. As for your heart...sounds cruel, but you can easily force yourself to forget about him by falling for someone else.