Salmon Recipe Needed

Options
PennStateChick
PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
I am in need of a good salmon recipe. I have NEVER made any type of fish before, so the easier the better. The boy will be making himself steak on the grill, so if I could grill the salmon too - that would be ideal.

Replies

• EpicPickle
    EpicPickle Posts: 35
    Options
    Oven Honey-Baked Salmon (1 serving is approximately 4-6 oz.)

Preheat oven to 400

1 large salmon filet (skin attached) (thawed)
    Pam baking spray
    1/4 cup honey
    1 tbsp molasses
    2 tsp salt

Spray glass pan with Pam liberally until pan is thoroughly coated but not dripping. Lay salmon skin-side down. In small bowl, mix honey, salt, and molasses until well mixed. Use basting brush to brush top of the salmon with mixture. Use aluminum foil to cover glass pan.

Bake covered for 15-25 minutes until salmon flakes easily with a fork.

This recipe is very tasty and leaves the salmon very moist with a great sweet flavor.

This is very easy to make and goes well with rice or baked beans.
  • sherrylynn56
    Options
    You can also put your filet on foil put mayo on top of the whole piece and wrap the foil and put on grill. I am not a salmon eater but my father-inlaw made it that way and it was good and easy to do. Just keep an eye on it because does cook fairly fast. I almost forgot. skin side down.: smile:
  • McChelle
    McChelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you think sugar free maple syrup would work in place of the molasses? We love salmon! Always thankful for a new and simple salmon recipe. Thanx!
  • EpicPickle
    Options
    Do you think sugar free maple syrup would work in place of the molasses? We love salmon! Always thankful for a new and simple salmon recipe. Thanx!

You can do it without the molasses at all if you like. The molasses just gives a little richer flavor and darker coloring. It works well with just honey.
  • EpicPickle
    Options
    Another one that I really enjoy is this:

Grilled Salmon with Capers

Use heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spray aluminum foil with Pam Grilling spray lightly. Place salmon skin side down. Lightly baste with 2 tbsp melted butter (sweet cream butter works best) mixed with 1 tsp fresh lemon juice. Top with 1-2 tbsp capers. Seal aluminum foil so the salmon is not touching the top of foil (kinda like making a bubble on top of the salmon with the foil). Grill over medium heat (grill temp should be 350) for 10-20 minutes until salmon is done. Be careful to watch the temperature on your grill so it's not too hot and doesn't overcook salmon.
  • ButYouGotMySoul
    ButYouGotMySoul Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Stick it on the grill in aluminum foil with a bit of rosemary and some pepper. Watch it cook. When it's flaky, it's done. Enjoy!
  • Neilson32
    Neilson32 Posts: 5
    Options
    Take some tin foil (shiny side up) spray with Pam lay the salmon on it. Season with a little kosher salt ground pepper. Lay a bit of fresh dill on it -. Slice some lemon put that on top - wrap the foil over it. Grill on the bbq for about 20 minute. Or you can bake in oven at 350 for 20
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    you can also grill it then top it with a mixture of mustard and honey
  • vonnywaft
    vonnywaft Posts: 182
    Options
    Put a salmon fillet on a piece of foil big enough to completely wrap it in, add a teaspoon full of olive oil a slice of lemon and a sprig of fresh dill (or a sprinkling of dried dill), wrap it up securely and place on the barbecue for about 10 mins depending on it's size. Serve with a salad of rice, peas, cucumber and mint leaves.
  • mayeast
    mayeast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I baked mine in foil with a touch of lemon juice and spread a teaspoon of honey mustard on top (or just honey). But lemon and pepper taste just as good. It doesn't take long to cook and it is a good starter for fish. I cook most white fish this way too, you do need a little bit of liquid to stop it drying out - water / milk (white fish only) / wine / lemon juice.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I usually poach my salmon in green tea. Easy, peasy. Have been known to mix some raw honey (from my own bees) with soy sauce to glaze the top, too.
  • Sgreg10891
    Sgreg10891 Posts: 2
    Options
    Easy peasy...

Heat fry pan on med for 5 min. While you are waiting, season fish with dill and minced garlic (jar stuff works fine). Add 1-2 tsp of oil to hot pan (I use olive). And add fish. Cook for 4-5 minutes turn and cook another 4-5 minutes. You are done! Garnish with lettuce and lemons. Enjoy with cole slaw!
  • Rockinkitty66
    Rockinkitty66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is the best salmon recipe I've tried (from Skinny Taste). Didn't really like salmon all that much before:

Feb 13, 2013 Honey-Teriyaki Salmon

Asian honey glazed salmon – an easy dish you can make any night of the week. Simply fill a resealable bag with the marinade ingredients, then add the salmon until you're ready to cook.

Then when you're ready to start dinner, make your sides and your fish will be done in less than 15 minutes.

This recipe is from Jaden Hair of Steamy Kitchen's new cookbook: Steamy Kitchen's Healthy Asian Favorites. The pages in her book are filled with beautiful photos and 100 fast, simple recipes anyone can make on a busy weeknight.

And this week, I'm giving away her new cookbook on Skinny Bits to one lucky winner! To enter for a chance to win, click here.

We all loved this simple dish in my home, it tasted like something I would order in an upscale Asian restaurant, yet it was so easy to make. I served this with forbidden rice and sauteed sugar snap peas on the side, but this would also be wonderful with edamame fried rice.

Today is also the beginning of Lent, so for those of you looking to try a new fish dish to make, this is a great place to start. Adding salmon to your plate is one of the healthiest decisions you can make. Studies link its high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients with a lower risk of heart disease, heart attack, stroke, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and more.

By choosing fresh wild salmon (your best bet is wild Alaskan or Pacific) over farmed, you will likely be getting better quality, less-contaminated fish. However, the health benefits of eating farmed salmon far outweigh the health risks associated with not eating salmon at all; so if wild salmon is out of your budget, go for the farmed variety.

Honey-Teriyaki Salmon
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 4 • Size: 3 oz cooked salmon • Old Pts: 7 • Weight Watchers Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 266 • Fat: 9.3 g • Protein: 22.5 g • Carb: 19 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Sugar: 13 g
    Sodium: 502 mg

Ingredients:

3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
    3 tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
    3 tbsp sake
    2 tbsp honey
    1 lb fresh wild salmon fillet, cut in 4 pieces
    2 tsp cooking oil

Directions:

Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake, and honey in a resealable bag. Add the salmon and mix to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.

Remove salmon, reserving the marinade. Heat a frying pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, swirl in the oil. Sear salmon, 2 minutes per side. Turn heat to low and pour in the reserved marinade. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until cooked through.

Nutritional information for wild salmon provided by Heather K Jones, RD (aka The Diet P.I.).
    Print Friendly and PDF
  • kjbarone
    kjbarone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Whisk together Balsamic Vinegar (1/4 cup for two salmon fillets), 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp honey.
    Place salmon fillets in pan that is lined with foil and make multiple punctures in the fillets with a fork.
    Pour balsamic mixture over top.
    Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven at 375 F for 20 minutes.
    When you plate it, pour the balsamic mixture left in the pan overtop the salmon.
    I usually serve it with a half cup of wild rice, steamed broccoli, and spinach salad.
    A delicious, easy, and really healthy dinner.
  • patersona94
    Options
    Simplest way and very tasty... Salmon sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper, top with lemon juice wrap it in foil and cook for 25 mins!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    cook it on cedar plank (plank of wood) and put lemon pepper seasoning on top. Yummy.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    However you cook it I like mixing it with rice and seaweed with a sesame/soy sauce and it's sort of like a sushi bowl.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    These look good... Thanks for the post.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    EASY BAKED SALMON

I made this yesterday. It blew my mind.

Coat the salmon with a layer of mayonaise (you don't taste it when it's baked). Then a pinch of salt and pepper. Then coat it with Clubhouse Salmon Seasoning. Wrap in tinfoil (make sure its been greased)

Bake at 375 F for 35 - 40 minutes.

I will never eat Salmon another way again. I hate hate hate lemon because it takes away from the taste of the fish.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump