Salmon Recipe Needed

Options

Replies

• YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Just grill it, add some spices and lemon. Done.

I do it all the time.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Public service announcement to salmon-eaters: it's a million times better cooked to a medium-rare/medium. Fully cooking salmon is totally unnecessary and kills a lot of the beautiful texture and delicate flavour. All this stuff I'm seeing about half an hour cook times and stuff is horrifying.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Fresh raw salmon sushi (if you can find salmon that was caught THAT same morning).

....and wild-caught would be better.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    I spread a mix of mayo and Parmesan and bake or BBQ it uncovered
    Do you use regular mayo? And do you use another other seasonings at all. So you put this on one side of the salmon?
  • MsSherri1
    MsSherri1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I dont know how to grill salmon but, to cook it in the oven all you do is
    1. Put a small amount of olive oil on some foil and spread around
    2. Put salmon in center of foil and season both sides with lemon pepper
    3. Close foil over salmon (not tight, not to loose)
    4. Let cook on 375 for 20mins (sometimes 30 depending on the thickness of the salmon)
    Hope this helps.
  • nutritionstudent12
    Options
    I really love to just bake my salmon at 160C Fan forced for 20 mins after pressing dukkah into the top of it
    It's a beautiful dukkah crusted salmon!
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Public service announcement to salmon-eaters: it's a million times better cooked to a medium-rare/medium. Fully cooking salmon is totally unnecessary and kills a lot of the beautiful texture and delicate flavour. All this stuff I'm seeing about half an hour cook times and stuff is horrifying.

I agree that undercooking is way better with salmon. My favorite way to prepare it, besides grilling, is to sprinkle with lots of dill weed and poach it in gently boiling water in a covered pan for maybe 10 minutes and serve with lime or lemon. :love:
  • Maureen214
    Maureen214 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I love Salmon and it's a fish with lots of texture so can actually be microwaved. I have my butcher remove the skin; purchase the wild caught, sprinkle it with OJ or mango juice ( about 2 tbs on 2 8 oz pieces) and put about 1/2 tbs butter in little pieces throughout the two fillets. I usually sprinkle dill and Nature's Seasoning and depending up thickness, it's about 2-3 mins each side. But I've also varied it and added a handful of almonds and green beans or a very few cherry tomatoes and red or orange peppers. And I've used honey instead if OJ sometimes, too.
    I've used. Sprinkle of honey or OJ with 2-3 tbs of Pako crumbs or oatmeal on baked talapia or flounder also. And Fish baked is good with Belgian endive. But I usually roast the endive 10 or 15 minutes first in a drizzle of olive oil and 1 tbs of melted butter and then add the fish for another 15-25 minutes. The endive can be bitter and very black licorice fasting when raw or near raw, but on e roasted, it's soft and sweet.
    Hope one of these help. Please share more fish recipes!!! We are now eating it 3-4 times per week.
  • Maureen214
    Maureen214 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This sounds easy. Does the finish flake away a lot or stays pretty much in its option?
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    My wife says this is her absolute favorite salmon on the grill that I make her.

Place salmon filet on a very lightly oiled piece of foil. (or the non stick foil is the perfect)

sprinke with dill (both sides)
    salt and pepper to taste (both sides)
    thin sliced lemon rounds on top of filet 3-4 (bottom is optional depends on how much lemon flavor you want)
    drizzle lemon juice onto filet
    drizzle of white wine is optional

wrap the foil by folding top and then sides (we are trying to make the foil packet leak proof but not tightly wrapped)

grill on med to high heat for 5-6 minutes each side. DO NOT OVER COOK!
    (because it is wrapped loosely in foil, the salmon will continue to cook after removing from the grill)

Serve by opening the packet at table :-)
    Enjoy!

Because the foil is wrapped tight and the amount of moisture, salmon will be more poached then grilled but is nice and moist and flakey.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to get my family to eat salmon until I started grilling it - a little avocado oil, pepper, garlic, rosemary...mmmmm....the kids will eat it ALL!! I think with fish, simpler is better, but I gotta admit I'm trying that honey recipe tomorrow!
  • DiamondWoman
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. I got told by my opthamologist I need to eat salmon at least 3 times a week. These will help greatly!
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Marinate in 3 T honey, 3 T Mirin, 3 T Soy sauce for about 30 minutes, then just pan fry until done! Delicious!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Bumper sticker common in Alaska - "Friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon".
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Okay, I made this a couple of weeks ago and it was wonderful and really simple: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/323/BakedSalmonwithLemonandSh70224.shtml
  • taraxashley
    taraxashley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is from Gwenyth Paltrow... I'm not a fan of hers, but I think this looks delish... I think I have a recipe for dinner tomorrow :-)
    http://www.thepulpkitchen.com/?p=5076615482

"Sriracha Lime Salmon"
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I bake it for 20-30 min in white wine. Or lemon juice. Or italian dressing. We have also used zatarains blackened seasoning. Oh and I've done olive oil with tomato and basil. I could basically eat salmon ANY way as I love it! You could throw it on some foil on the grill too and do the same as you'd do in the oven.
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I make coconut crusted salmon quite a bit. Cover a fillet with the coconut, both sides and then bake for about 8-10 minutes. I usually have it with a mango salad. Very good, quick and easy.