Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Replies

• FitnessMind_SS
    FitnessMind_SS Posts: 37 Member
    This post just kicks butt. Nicely done on your success.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Chez - although all points possess validity, I wouldn't change any of them for the world...and I'm betting you wouldn't either. Way to go!! :-)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I shrank out of all the pretty pants I only bought in September of this year.
    My only belt I own is on the tightest hole and I need it for those pants.
    I had to dig old clothes out of the closet that aren't in style.
    I can paint my own toenails, no pedicure justification.
    Haters at the salon cut my hair shorter for trims.
    People don't know what to say about the loss.
    I don't tell them that I've lost weight.
    It's the elephant in the room.
    Or no longer in the room.
    Or in my pants.
    Or tops.
    Or car.
    :wink:
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    I was at a yard sale today and was so pi$$ed that I couldn't wear any of the adorable dresses my friend had for sale because they were size 14 and I DON'T WEAR THAT SIZE ANYMORE! They were like potato sacks on me! Oh darn! Gotta find me some size 8's I guess...
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    keep getting told how pretty I am, Have had 2 strange men ask ne to marry then.
  • sugars3036
    sugars3036 Posts: 3 Member
    your too funny...great job on your weight loss.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,338 Member
    1. It takes FOREVER to wash and trim all the veggies I buy at the Farmers' Market every Saturday.
    2. My skinny clothes are too big!
    3. I had to make a new historical ballgown!
    4. My standard-sized mattress has gotten a LOT bigger.
    5. All the clothes on the clearance rack are too big! They used to be too small.
    6. It's heavy carrying all those water bottles to work each day!
    7. I can take off my wedding ring after years of it being permanently stuck.

Yes, this whole weightloss thing is just terrible!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,595 Member
    I have no excuse now for not buying high heels as my knees are not now carrying a ton of weight around. So now I have got to stagger down the road to a party in my new high heeled sandals. Torture!
  • taliar93
    taliar93 Posts: 111 Member
    I just threw out $300 worth of clothing (lingerie) That killed.
  • Majal10
    Majal10 Posts: 79 Member
    I still have a long way to go , but in this process the bad thing that has happened to me since I started losing weight is....

- some one went in to my closet and stole all my skinny jeans and replaced them with baggy jeans.
    - it looks like I'm bring back the sagging look, when I wear any of my pants, which appears inappropriate at work. It's not a thug life.
    - I can't use the excuse of having to get a professional pedicure, because I can't see my toes because my gut is too big.
    - Visa and Mastercard loves me because I have to keep buying new clothes.
    - I can't use the excuse of honey not to night because I'm too tired , because I'm so full of energy and last all night.
    - my hubby has to hug me tighter and closer because the fat roll and gut are no longer and put a distant between us.
    - I realize I suck at sweeping the wooden floor, since I'm always on the floor doing push up ( when I started I could barely do one and now I can do 30 in 30 seconds) . That means I have to learn to sweep the floor better so I won't have the dirt as my workout buddy anymore.
    - my stomach and *kitten* has decided to switch places. Before my stomach was in the lead and growing faster than my butt, but now the race has reversed and my *kitten* is now in the lead and my stomach has started to run backwards,lol. What's great about it is my Butt don't mind and it's lifted with it's buns in air and standing firm.:)
    - My thighs and butt has shut down the cottage cheese (cellulite) factory and has left the building. Oh ya !!!!! The Cheese factory is out of business.

This is a great site and I could go on , but this will suffice for now.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    My 1/4 cup stainless steel measuring cup appears to have been through a war. It's been used religiously and has disappeared countless times, only to be found when I turn on the garbage disposal.

It's been a constant and time-consuming struggle trying to stay properly dressed. I've taken stock in Hefty garbage bags and have had to make a thousand trips to Goodwill.

I can't even look at food without the calorie numbers running through my head.

I've grown a tired rear-end from hours of researching the levels potassium and Omega-3s in foods.

My water bill has increased from washing so many vegetables and soaking batches of dry beans.

Much of my skin resembles that of a shar-pei. :laugh:
  • kaisapwm
    kaisapwm Posts: 1 Member
    This is so funny!!!!

The worst thing that's happened for me has been I no longer own any high-waisted shorts/skirts/pants because my waist has shrunk. They all now sit at my hips (or sometimes lower). It's a bit frustrating!!! :laugh:
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Like most, my clothes don't fit, and don't get me started on my underwear.
    Two years ago I had my wedding/eternity ring made bigger to fit, now I have to have them made smaller again.
    I HAVE to shave my legs and under arms more regular 'cause I wear short skirts and t-shirts these days.
    I'm eating more salad/fruit than ever before.
    Consequence: I poop much easier :noway:
    My teenage boys expect me to go swimming with them now and I've no excuse not to.
    My husband is beginning to show me more interest, darn :tongue:
  • Lovelygirl1975
    Lovelygirl1975 Posts: 26 Member
    1. I am cold all the time. But, this summer I am used to walking i to a restaurant or the movies wearing a sundress but carrying a jacket.
    2. I do miss my wedding rings. They are currently 3 1/2 sizes too big at last check.
    3. All these weird, hard pointy things are called bones. Didn't know that it's my first time seeing them.
    4. I am a teacher and a parent told me I looked taller.
    5. Buying new shoes...even flip flops are too big
    6. Being shocked when I pick up a medium and in some stores that's too big. ( Never saw that one coming. )
    7. Undies and bras...enough said. ????
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    I started WW3 in my family---am considered the Hot one (yep even at my age)
  • Majal10
    Majal10 Posts: 79 Member
    Lets keep this going it's so hilarious in a good way.
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    :wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!
    2. I'm an introvert, and am embarrassed by the compliments I receive regarding how my appearance has changed.

These are definitely the two I've noticed!

Also when shopping for new clothes I instantly go to the larger sizes and refuse to believe anything from the 'normal' ranges will fit...then get a shock when it does
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    all I can say is that I can't wait for a girl to spank me.....:laugh: :drinker:
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    My 16 yr old daughter steals all my clothes

This!! I went out and bought new jeans because mine were all falling off. My 13 year old daughter stole them all. Now I have to go hunt through her closet everytime I do the laundry.
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    :smile: I have lost a few friends.. but earned a bunch of new champion ones
    :smile: I got to buy new exercise pants which show way too much hip, more hip than I'm used to. The only high-waist ones can only be found in the X sizes.
    :smile: My extended family think I'm crazy and living dangerously practicing my exercise of choice, hoping I'll get over this obvious mid-life crisis soon.
    :smile: My middle-school hormone-challenged kid is cursing me for wearing a bikini and wants the donuts around my waist back cuz it's more comfie and it's more like her real mommy.
    :smile: I've become arrogant. I naively thought it was called confidence
    :smile: Speaking of confidence, I get weird looks from younger men. That's just bizarre. But great for the ego.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!