Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    The first time i got healthy, the bad thing that happened was i got confident enough to realize that the dirtbag loser i was seeing was going to get me nowhere in life so i dumped him. A little too much "fun" ensued, but i came out the other end fine
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I had to go back to work on the 4th day after having my gall bladder removed! I only took 2 days off work! Had I been carrying the extra weight, I'm sure I could have at least taken a week off!
  • tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It has taken over my life.
  • leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    Options
    Bump
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    1. Spent all allowance on a better " Spinner" exercise bike.
    2. Spending loose change on work out videos, HRM, etc
    3. Have begun obsessing on work out gear, shoes, clothes, etc
    4. get a case of the GRUMPS if I do not work out at least 45 minutes/ day. Rest days kill me.
    5. yard is mowed and bushes trimmed within a inch o their lives, yard work is good exercise!
    6. floor is trip hazard with bike shoes,walking shoes, hand weights, stacks of DVDs in corner, extra load of laundry due to work out clothes.
    7. Hubs has learned to watch tv while I ride said bike.
    8. gave old recumbent bike to parents ( Hand me up bike? )
    9. skinny jeans dont fit my calves due to bike riding!- not fat legs! I had to laugh in the dressing room!
  • marialydia
    marialydia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1. Going to restaurants is not as interesting since I cannot manage to eat an appetizer, main course, dessert, bread and wine. I get full somewhere after the appetizer. Need to make hard choices.
    2. My elderly dog who follows me around the house is irritated because I carry the laundry from the basement to first floor to second floor without stopping.
    3. The first set of exercises the trainer gave me at the gym got so easy he gave me some new much more difficult ones.
    4. Some V neck t shirts which were still passable otherwise show far too much cleavage.
    5. The cleavage shows much more since I got some new bras which are several band sizes smaller and cup sizes larger.
    6. I am using lots of gas making trips to Goodwill, Dress for Success, etc.with clothes.
    7. I use more electricity running the dishwasher more often since I cook at home almost all the time, and use more pots and bowls to cook veggies.

and I so agree with:

8. Knees knocking when I lie on my side
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My feet got smaller and I had to give away so many shoes :sad:
  • du4u02
    du4u02 Posts: 42
    Options
    Since I've been eating less, I'm spending less time on the toilet. Now, I never know what's going on in the newspaper.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    :wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!

What are some of the "bad" things that you've noticed?

That's why I kept for years all my clothes from when I was 40-60 lbs lighter! It is such a joy to go shopping in my closet. :laugh:

I kept all my lighter weight clothes, but now it is crop pants instead of coullotts
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    When I'd lost weight I really missed my 'Nicole! Papa!' (old Renault Clio advert in the UK) dress (red with polka dots) which I'd got rid of when I'd been too big for it for so long.

Now every red polka dot dress calls my name. I've resisted so far, but I've seen a red, polka dot hospital gown...
  • Pother1974
    Options
    My newest bad things:
    I am 72 days into eating better and exercising every day that I have had to buy new pants twice and I am only down 18 lbs.
    I am also swimming in my shirts....
    I can hardly wait until this time next year when i should be nearing my goal! I am going to need a brand new wardrobe.
  • skasis_paradigm
    Options
    This topic is truly inspiring. i nearly squirted on multiple occasions reading some of these brilliant "negatives". I'll have a go at it...

1. My man tits are almost completely gone; and to think, I was just getting used to my bra's. -_-
    2. My friends can't use fat jokes on me anymore. I sure miss being the plus sized butt of their ham-fisted punch lines.
    3. Like #1, except they don't jiggle as much when I run anymore. Sure loved that one.
    4. Everybody asking me the same copy/paste questions about "How I did it". I'm not self-centered or egoistic in the slightest.
    5. My *kitten* hurts when I have to sit on my wallet.
    6. Ben and Jerry keep blowing up my phone in an effort to bring me back into the fold.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I didn't see this thread before! I just read all 11 pages and lol'd many times! I am too new to add anything to this list, but please keep them coming!
  • Prettyinpaisley
    Prettyinpaisley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This thread is great for a laugh.

1) My dog now believes he is entitled to an hour long walk each day and a hike on Saturdays.

2) I have less time to tool around the internet because I'm too busy exercising. When I do log onto the internet, it's to log calories or browse MFP forums.

3) I get weird looks when I bring something healthy to potluck parties.

4) I can't afford to get any more tattoos.
  • jeffrw1234
    jeffrw1234 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!
    2. I'm an introvert, and am embarrassed by the compliments I receive regarding how my appearance has changed.
    3. Exercise has made my "bum knee" stronger so I can't use it to get out of heavy labor any more.
    4. My stamina has increased, so when my daughter wants to play, I can't use the "daddy's too tired" excuse any more.
    5. I am no longer too heavy for my household ladder's rating, so I have to get to all those high up chores now.
    6. I have more energy, so I don't get to sleep in as much (I wake up early and full of energy...)
    7. I'm hurting the economy because I use less soap when I shower.
    8. #7 again, but this time because I no longer need BP meds.
    9. I need to get my wedding ring re-sized so it won't fall off my finger.
    10. When I catch my reflection out of the corner of my eye, I have no idea who it is.

What are some of the "bad" things that you've noticed?

Awesome...
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I had to spend $100 to get my ring resized!
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Today I realized my undies are not stretching out of shape, I'm just getting smaller...Wait that might be too positive. But it sure wasn't when I thought, "Great, I must not be following the care instructions right."
  • kalieah
    kalieah Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    way to go!

Would anyone wanna do a weight loss bet?! Message meee!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I stepped out of my way to let me pass...and then realized I was looking at my reflection in the window of a door. Felt pretty silly.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!