1235»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on lose 1/2 pound a week plan and my daily calorie allowance is 1420. I try to exercise everyday and eat back around 80% of that.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1800-1900 and losing relatively steadily, but I went on a diet break and vacation and lost several pounds. So, now I think I'm going to try to aim between 1800-2400, and not worry about it as much and just see what happens. I also don't measure my progress just by the scale, I also look at my measurements and how my clothes are fitting. And strength gains in the gym. Squats are going so much better now that I'm eating more. :laugh:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    1100 to 1200 per day. I'm just in week 2, but typically I can't really lose with more then that. Less than that and I don't feel very good, so I try to stay around that. When I exercise I don't usually up my calorie count, just my water.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ladies who have successfully lost weight: do you follow MFP's recommended calories, or TDEE?

I'm 5'10.5
    231 pounds

MFP recommended 1540 per day, but that seems a little low :huh:
  • bleedingdesu
    bleedingdesu Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating 1200 a day (more if i work out, I try to eat back at least half the calories), coming up from eating 500 a day. I'm losing weight. working with my therapist, I'm hoping to increase slowly to 1500 starting in a month.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1600-1750/day...Some days a bit more. I'm just under 5'3" and currently weigh 137.6lbs. I exercise 5 days/week...3 days heavy lifting/weight training 2 days cardio. I am steadily losing weight but not always weekly. I will sometimes go a week and a half - 2 weeks with no loss and the drop 1.5-2lbs...sometimes will lose 1lb (just under)/ week. My body is weird and my chart/graph looks like steps but as long as I'm consistently losing, I'm happy. It works out to roughly 3-4lbs/ month which is a healthy loss.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget age! Ladies, as we age it becomes harder to lose weight, which tends to settle around our middles.

I am 5'5", 146, trying to get to 130, and I usually net around 1300/day, BUT I am 61 and the pounds come off veeerrry sloooowly.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 1700-1800 & if I exercise I try & eat at least some of them back.

I lose anywhere from a pound or 1.5 pounds a week.

I'm 5'5" & 211 pounds currently.