Obese and unable to lose weight

Options
124»

Replies

• snowshoermom
    snowshoermom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    people that starve themselves don't eat ANYTHING.. he is still eating but not enough so his body is hanging on for dear life to the food that he is eating...

as for him having a go with us.. probably . :)
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    For the love of god, man, eat some vegetables! And this is coming from someone who isn't great at eating enough veggies... but your diary makes me sad.
    Not for everyone, but would you consider the paleo diet?
  • indyducks
    indyducks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough...

check out this link.. i guessed at your age and put 30..

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

For extreme weight loss it saying no less than 1900 calories!!!!!!

if you go lower than that you are putting your body in stravation mode and its holding on to every drip of fat .... we are biogically created like this because that's how humans would survive droughts and famines before the technology of electricity ...

as well please eat some breakfast... doctor's orders.. breakfast kicks starts your body and reves up your metabolism..
    If that was the case then people that starve themselves wouldn't lose weight.......starvation mode isn't a switch that turns off fat burning. Personally I think the OP is having a go with us.........

I agree. I think this post is BS. Seems very trollish...
  • mikesavvy
    mikesavvy Posts: 108
    Options
    I cant believe this topic is still getting reply's.

To address a couple people, one said it will be hard to get to 8% bf, That is my goal, and I will achieve it, 8-12%. I don't want veins showing, just above that.

Starvation mode, only exist at 5% or lower body fat, the term starvation mode came from a study were people of 25% or more body fat were on a 500 calorie diet, while doing mild resistance training, starvation mode didn't kick in till 5%. Meaning the body spared lean tissue because it had fat.

I eat veggies, in a superfood form, I try to eat more, as if you look I try to incorporate more and more. Its hard for me, because its so much cooking and measuring.

Water is hard for me to drink because I never get thirsty. I am trying to force down a gallon a day.

As I said, I will eat more, and see what happens, I will try all your suggestions, and eat more veggies and drink more water.

My main concern was that I am trying hard, making strength gains, able to do more than I have been able to do in a long time, but for some reason I haven't lost a pound, and prolly gained.

Ill give it 21 more days then ill repost and show either progress or failure.

And as for those who say food is not the enemy, its like telling a person addicted to prescription drugs, that it is ok to indulge once in a while.

Food was a friend, a comfort, a drug and an escape, as anyone who says its bad to hate food, I don't care, I view food now as a way to sustain and no longer as an enjoyment.
  • margieo1983
    margieo1983 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

And as for those who say food is not the enemy, its like telling a person addicted to prescription drugs, that it is ok to indulge once in a while.

Food was a friend, a comfort, a drug and an escape, as anyone who says its bad to hate food, I don't care, I view food now as a way to sustain and no longer as an enjoyment.

I recant my previous statement, because you clearly need to see a therapist. Stat. Certainly, there is such a thing as being addicted to food. If that's you, then you need to see a therapist. Stat.

However, if you are not addicted to food, then you cannot have a hateful relationship with it. How can you hate something that gives you the power to exercise? The power to think and breathe and exist? How can you hate Thanksgiving meals with family and friends? You can't MAKE yourself hate these things, and by trying to, you're setting yourself up for a huge fail. Might not be tomorrow, might not be next week, but you will give up and be mad at yourself and you will indulge in your "drug" and binge until you throw up.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

I eat veggies, in a superfood form, I try to eat more, as if you look I try to incorporate more and more. Its hard for me, because its so much cooking and measuring.

It really doesn't take that much time to cook and measure/weigh portions. I just don't understand why you are not willing to put in the same amount of work in the kitchen as you are willing to put into the gym.