Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    4 me/junk 2
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I almost did 100% over the weekend but then my daughter brought home some donuts! I had 2 but they were really not worth it! Does anyone else notice that former favorites don't taste as good as they used to?
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I almost did 100% over the weekend but then my daughter brought home some donuts! I had 2 but they were really not worth it! Does anyone else notice that former favorites don't taste as good as they used to?

Yes the pizza I had was so not worth it!!

I just want to make myself clear I have had 5 good days and 1 bad day so I just reference it 5/6 good days!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    5 me/junk 2

Having a tough time keeping focused on it lately. Have to keep reminding myself that I don't want the junk. Hopefully it will become a secondary way of life.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Aw, awesome challenge - wish I had seen this earlier. Anyhow, will try to catch up with you :wink. I have to seriously think about everything that goes into my mouth, but I am so in for this! :smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Aw, awesome challenge - wish I had seen this earlier. Anyhow, will try to catch up with you :wink. I have to seriously think about everything that goes into my mouth, but I am so in for this! :smile:
    Hey Dew, great to see you. It's because of the "no eating after dinner" group that made me think of this. Silly me should have mentioned it. Happy to have you :)
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Didn't do so well yesterday--had Papa Murphy's pizza for lunch. It was GOOD! AND I had 2 pieces! Oh well, I think that overall I'm doing LOTS better than I used to!
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    Sooo...I have not done that well on this challenge. However, I am not going to dwell on the past. Yesterday I went to the store and bought a ton of veggies and fruit. My fridge was already full of lean protein like salmon and chicken breast.

I also started 30 day shred. I am going to combine that with clean eating and see if I feel better...I feel icky. This may also be due to the Ohio hunidity ;-).

How is everyone else doing? I am going to check out those sites that were posted. Any other good recipes or meal ideas?!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Sooo...I have not done that well on this challenge. However, I am not going to dwell on the past.
    That's the awesome thing about this challenge. It's for one month. So if in all honesty you eat healthy for one day out of 30 where you never had before, you are ahead of the game. Then next month, make it 2. Every little change is a huge success.
  • tinammd
    tinammd Posts: 2
    Options
    I am getting started a little late....but I am in starting 6/8.....30days
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hey everyone I am at 7/8 days good so far I have a great receipe I will share for you all to make it is a soup but it is good cold or hot or over brown rice totally healthy!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    6 me/junk 2

Still winning the battle. Probably will cheat on Friday with my "date night" and either have a drink or a dessert, but it's an EITHER/OR rather than an AND.

You all are doing awesome. Keep up the good work.

What has been your biggest challenge this week?

For me, it's all the "snacks" at the end-of-the year school functions. How did Chips Ahoy learn to make their chocolate chip cookies so soft and yummy...
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    I had a BAD day yesterday! Not on my choices--they were good--but on the amount of food I ate! I feel very bloated today and will be drinking lots and lots of water!

I would love that soup recipe, cnbethea. I love soup and make it a lot.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    My biggest challenge is how the fruits and veggies goes so fast in here!!!
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    Sooo...I have not done that well on this challenge. However, I am not going to dwell on the past.
    That's the awesome thing about this challenge. It's for one month. So if in all honesty you eat healthy for one day out of 30 where you never had before, you are ahead of the game. Then next month, make it 2. Every little change is a huge success.

Thanks for that! I did a lot better yesterday. But you are right, for me this is about making small changes that will make a big difference. I am still learning about clean eating so this is a practice month for me.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    well, I am not doing very good at all on this challenge. but i am not giving up. my bad eating over the weekend continued Mon & Tues. :ohwell: sometimes I really struggle with cravings during pms, and this cycle has been horrible. i just need to stay out of the kitchen and make sure I have all of my meals and snacks planned and prepared for the entire day. am going shopping tomorrow to stock up on clean eats! something else I have learned from this eating style, at least for me, is that I cannot restrict ALL of my favorite foods. I'd rather have it in moderation occasionally then a full blown binge. One day at a time! Yay us! Clean 'er up gang! :drinker:

oh, 4 clean / 5 crap! :noway:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    7 me/junk 2

Wow, those "sweets" at the fourth graders end of school year party were vicious. Fortunately they were on a completely separate table. But man, did they look good. I still have another second grade party on Monday. Must remember to bring gum or something.

Probably going to cheat this weekend one day, but need to not overdo it so I don't undo everything I've been working towards.

Kelly - no worries. Remember, even one day of eating better is a start. If we only get one day a week for a month, then we can make our challenge two days a week for the next month. but 4 clean days already out of 9? That's impressive. Keep doing good.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    so far, keepin it clean today. 2 days in a row!! Yay!

5 clean / 5 crap. 20 more days left and my limit is 10 crap......gosh, halfway there :huh: seriously need to be mindful! plan plan plan!:bigsmile:
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    Today is my 4th consecutive day eating clean. I must say I do feel better. I've already just about lost all my craving for sugar, and I feel more clear headed. Hoping or 7 days in a row. Must not drop the ball over the weekend.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm joining late but would still like to get in 20 days (will take me to July 1).

Great to have supportive people around!