June 2010 - Clean Eating Challenge

Options

Replies

• kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!

welcome kelynn! hope your tummy issues are better soon....and thyroid as well.
    wandering....we've had rain for a few days....I think the sun might shine..... Wed? my yard work is calling as well! I too will eat real butter and sour cream in moderation.
    lula ~ my craving * visitor * was around earlier last week and resulted in 4 days NOT clean! sending ya some *strong* vibes for the picnic today!
    badrianne ~ I eat the Baked Tostitos scoops....whole corn, vegetable oil and salt....no preservatives. I might have them 5-6 times a month with some fresh salsa. my breakfast choices are....Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal, Nature's Pride 100% whole wheat toast ( no preservatives ), any fresh fruit, Naturally more peanut butter on toast, whole (unsalted) walnuts or almonds, Organic FF milk, Stonyfield plain organic Greek yogurt, all natural honey.....I also have oatmeal and organic eggs.

My weekend was almost 100%, cept for one meal Saturday. we went to a graduation reception.....so, I just kept my portions very small and drank a lot of water when I got back home. Something I am learning since eating better, well basically over the last 1 1/2 yrs, and cleaner since last Fall, is that when I do have an unhealthy meal, I usually get an upset tummy and/or cramping in my abdomen. It really makes me ask myself...is this food worth it? Definitely helps me to make a better choice!

8 clean / 6 crap.....2 of these were 1 meal a day...out of my 5-6 day....so not real bad! progress, not perfection right?

Clean it up folks! Have a great day!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Well today started off a great day I was eating clean and making wise choices until this afternoon things got hectic and I had to go from one meeting to the next meeting without having dinner and so I resulted in eating out so there goes another day!!

10 good and 4 bad I will have no more bad days this week!!!:happy:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Just I thought I'd mention that tomorrow is June 15...halfway mark!

Great job everyone! Don't forget that it takes two weeks to break a habit, so hopefully we're learning new ones and it's getting easier!

Today was a great day for me. I got two workouts in and I'm happy with what I ate.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    9 me/5 junk

I'm with cnbethea. My resolve is to have no more bad days this week. Enough is enough.

Thanks for the reminder wanderinglight. Let's the second half as good if not better than the first!!!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Can't remember anything that might've spoiled the 2nd day :wink: (or more, if I don't count the tortilla chips).
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    I have been doing well this month so far, except that Second Cup has opened close to my house and I indulged over the weekend with a couple of lattes.

My brother had his Graduation ceremony this past Saturday and I was a little worried about what the menu was going to be, boy was I surprised to find Roast Turkey (no gravy for me), potatoes in a cream sauce (I picked out the potatoes with a very little bit of sauce), veggies and salads. So I didn't have any issues. For dessert there was Strawberry shortcake.

After the dinner and many speeches, along with a slideshow, the dancing started and I danced the night away.

Now to get through the remainder of the month.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Wow I don't know why I self sabotage myself I have a great week and weigh then go and blow it are you serious whew I failed at my plan of keeping the rest of the week clean let me try this one more time Wed-Sun will be good that's a promise to myself I deserve better than this!! This was why I was scared to weigh and look because I get happy and think I am suppose to celebrate with food!!

Any suggestions on how to get pass this?

Hope everyone is keeping it clean and having a great week!!!

10 good and 5 bad!!:sad: Just think when we started out I wanted 30 straight I am willing to settle for 25 and not one less!! I will do this I have faced harder task and just think this is one with a reward in it for me!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    10 me/5 junk
  • kelly_a
    Options
    I get happy and think I am suppose to celebrate with food!!

I will do this I have faced harder task and just think this is one with a reward in it for me!!

I have done this too. It's a choice. I think "changing" some of our bad habits is the hardest. Try not to focus on the negatives...and look at the positives. You have had 10 good and 5 bad. I think that is wonderful...and you are back on track. Next time you have a good weigh in, have a plan on how you will celebrate. Just like planning your meals for the day, plan your reaction...and stick to it! YES, remember...the ** real ** award here! YOU!! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Got another day down - 3 so far :smile:.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I get happy and think I am suppose to celebrate with food!!

I will do this I have faced harder task and just think this is one with a reward in it for me!!

I have done this too. It's a choice. I think "changing" some of our bad habits is the hardest. Try not to focus on the negatives...and look at the positives. You have had 10 good and 5 bad. I think that is wonderful...and you are back on track. Next time you have a good weigh in, have a plan on how you will celebrate. Just like planning your meals for the day, plan your reaction...and stick to it! YES, remember...the ** real ** award here! YOU!! Good luck!:flowerforyou:

Thank you so much that's a great thought I need to get creative with this idea!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    11 days good and 5 days bad woot woot!!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    10 me/6 junk
    Uh oh, they are catching up. Time to kick that bad junk down. Time to be better. I can do it!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Can't think of any reason why yesterday wasn't my day 4 (I know I'm funny, but I think processed food is pretty tricky - you might have had stuff out of habit and think you haven't done anything bad).
  • kelly_a
    Options
    10 clean 6 crap

need to stick to it from here on out! keepin' it clean! hope everyone else is doing good.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pretty well at keeping to my 80% clean eating. I think I'm actually doing a bit better than that this week! I really hope this will get the scale moving again (I've been at a standstill since I quit smoking in April! Frustrating!).:happy:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I've been doing pretty well at keeping to my 80% clean eating. I think I'm actually doing a bit better than that this week! I really hope this will get the scale moving again (I've been at a standstill since I quit smoking in April! Frustrating!).:happy:

Sounds like a great week keep up the great work and congrats on quitting smoking!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Another good day a little high on carbs but good!!

12 good and 5 bad!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    10 clean 6 crap

need to stick to it from here on out! keepin' it clean! hope everyone else is doing good.

Your good days out weigh the bad keep up the great work and tomm is a new day!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    10 me/7 junk

I have left TOTAL FOCUS. I have been sick and just not hungry and hungry for salt. But today is going to be better all the way around (even though I'm still sick)