Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ June '10

Options

Replies

• light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Back into the swing of things. I was all set to work out at the hotel during my visit to Wisconsin Dell...but would you know it, they were renivating..they were getting all new machines for their fitness center so it was CLOSED!!! Grrrrr....I was so frustrated, but we did do a lot of walking, and a lot of walking up stairs, so I did get a pretty good workout.

The plus side of being off work for the summer is that I can actually get up and go to the health club and not feel rushed!! Burned about 700 calories before 7 AM...it felt so great!!!

Hopefully everyone has a great day!!:flowerforyou:
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    I HATE WEEKENDS
  • light1980
    light1980 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Don't know why day 2 of my workouts are always so much harder than day 1....did about 60 minutes of cardio today..burned 700 calories before 7 AM....I fell good!! Now its off to Vacation Bible School then a cookout for lunch...I will be strong!!!

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Today is week 7 day 3 of the P90X program and I was able to rock out the back and bicep dvd this morning. I'm hoping I have what it takes to complete the next 5 weeks of this program b/c I'm beginning to get bored so it's making it harder and harder to get up in the morning. Nonetheless the workout is complete and I feel real good about it.

Light: Congrats on rocking out your workouts and burning that many calories. Now you can enjoy your day and food w/o any worries. Just make sure you're eating healthy.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm back from a long weekend in Colorado and will catch up on posts tomorrow. It is good to be home and I can't wait to get back on track tomorrow.

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Lots of calories burned today
    two hour line dance class, two hour walk with a friend, yoga, exercise bike, and a long walk at the dog park in the rain.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! There's one more day til the weekend arrives and I can't wait. I don't have any major plans but work has been so stressful lately I'm just glad to have a couple of days to myself. I'm thinking about checking out the Sex and the City 2 movie. I absolutely loved the series and the first movie.

Anyway, today is week 7 day 4 of the P90X program which is a Yoga day and you all know the routine......I don't like yoga so as always I substituted it w/Cardio X. I can definitely feel my arm and back workout and while sore I'm happy that I really worked those muscles.
  • jam0525
    Options
    i just turned 30 in may...my name is kizzy...born in california but raised in oklahoma...but now i live in arizona...been living here since january of this year...i stand 4'8"....my highest weight EVER was 189 ibs that was back in 2002/2003....i vowed to myself that i would never reach the 200 mark and since than i have not....i also joined a couple of weight loss support groups in person in 2002 and i went all the way down to 150's but since i stopped going i gained all but 9 ibs...

sw:180
    gw by end of this month: 175

Hi Kizzym - Welcome. We are neighbors as I'm in New Mexico. MFP is a great site. There are a lot of good people in it and many, many forums to give you support. Good luck with your journey to keep the weight off.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    I just weighed myself and I still weigh the same as I did before vacation. The scale seems stuck on 151.

While in Colorado Springs we walked the Garden of the Gods, went to the Zoo which is on the side of the mountain and you are either going uphill or downhill. It was a great Zoo and we were very tired when we got back to the hotel. Of course, we shopped. I was able to log an hour of exercise everyday. The workout room was so small it was like a closet with 3 machines stored in it. We had good weather. It only rained when we were inside eating dinner.

This weekend I have to shop for a dress to wear to a wedding at the end of the month. It will be nice to buy a size 12 instead of a 16-18 even though I didn't get to my goal of a size 10 by the wedding. Good thing I have another wedding next year to set a new goal for.

Have a great day!

JAM
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    yesterday i started measuring my food and this month i started counting calories again....i stored my food in the appropriate containers of whatever 1 serving is i put it in that container...this week i also started eating salad...i buy the spinach leaves in container already washed and ready to serve and it came with a packet of raisins, sesame salads, and dressing
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just joined this site a week and a bit ago, been getting healthy for the past 2 months (but I have been working on it off and on for the past several years too). I stand at 5'4 and my highest weight was 220+ after I had my son (didn't get on the scale after 220). Now I am at 187 and finding this site super helpful.

My goal for june is to lose a total of 6lbs, I am halfway there already!

I am on a mostly fresh, low sodium diet. I am avoiding most processed foods and the like. I am finding it hard some days but overall I am happy with the food I am eating.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I've been reading a book called "Fitness is Religion" and it talks about fitness as a passion, or calling, or vocation, not just something to do look better.......that's how I'm starting to feel. The longer I work at fitness, the more it becomes a passion and a part of my life......it started with "if you're moving, you're losing" and now I just move all the time because the more I do, the better I feel.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Down to 142.2 from 145.8 on 6/1. Not updating ticker until AFTER the weekend.....weekends and me are not on good terms lol. Thank god for water weight and/or TOM is all I have to say!! Almost back to where I was, now lets see if I can keep it that way this time. SUCH AN UPHILL BATTLE!!!!!
  • kizzym
    Options
    i received my bodybugg strap yesterday towards the evening so i have monthly subscription to the bodybugg site...just started it up again yesterday...i'm so psyched to start bugging it again...i haven't been using it due to the fact that my bodybugg strap lost its velcro so i went on the 24hourfitness.com and checked out the prices for the strap and they were on sale for less than 10 dollars i got the zebra print one...this is definitely going to help me in losing 5 ibs a month
  • kizzym
    Options
    Challenges will run Sunday to Saturday

JUNE 13-19: Burn 1500 cal
    JUNE 20-26: Burn 1750 cal
    JUNE 27-JULY 3: Burn 2000 cal
    JULY 4-JULY 10: Burn 2250 cal
    JULY 11-17: Burn 2500 cal
    JULY 18-24: Burn 2750 cal
    JULY 25-31: Burn 3000 cal
    AUG 1-AUG 7: Burn 3250 cal
    AUG 8-14: Burn 3500 cal

I propose a graduated scale challenge for calorie burn:

By August 14 we should have worked our way up to 3500 calories burned a week without stressing or injuring our bodies. We will increase our burn by 250 calories a week, which amounts to a total of 25 minutes over the week, or 5 extra minutes at the end of each workout. Slowly we will build up the time we are spending on exercise. Feel free to do more than the week goal, but try to aim for it as a minimum.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies! Since I was having a lazy day and I was still sore from yesterday's workout I decided to keep it light today. I had to return a movie to the redbox which is at my local grocery store and instead of driving all the way there I parked at the Walgreen's and walked there and back for a total of 2 miles. It was blazing outside so I was so happy to return to the house. I decided to skip the book club meeting and continue to lounge.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Today was my 2nd time running on the streets of GA. Even at 9 am, it was extremely hot and humid therefore I was never able to catch a good stride. I completed the 1st mile in about 9 minutes 30 seconds but had to take begin walking b/c the humidity was sucking the air out of me. So between running and walking I was able to complete 2.5 miles in 26 minutes (plus a 4 minute cool down). When this workout was complete I was dripping w/sweat and absolutely exhausted. I returned home, showered and made a yummy banana/chocolate protein shake w/2 slices of whole wheat toast.
  • kizzym
    Options
    today i will be starting my regular walking routine...meaning i haven't been on my regular walking route for quite awhile...PLUS it's a cheat day for me...so the weekends are cheat days...my walking routine is so close to starbucks and i haven't had starbucks since they had that special going on for the week or weekend of half price frapps...i sorta kinda wish there were coupons or a punch card for those...lol...buy so many and get one free after the punch card is filled...lol...i'll be smart and still check out the calorie intake of course by going online and see if they have a nutrition value and mark that down...even though its the weekend i'm still measuring my food and checking out the calorie intake
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: Yesterday was the first time in a long time that I've gone over my calories.........I did my morning yoga and pilates and exercise bike but then spent the from 11-4 at a meeting that was primarily sitting......even though I took the dogs to the dog park where I got my usual great walk, we were invited have dinner at a friend's house and that was more sitting........I ate food that was pretty usual for me, but with burning about 400 fewer calories than usual, I couldn't keep pace'.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Today is cleanse day so I'll be burning fewer calories but also consuming a lot less and the cleansing always has a powerful effect on my health and my metabolism.

:flowerforyou: Kizzy, tell me about Bodybugg

:flowerforyou: Choco, you are are amazing running in such hot weather

:flowerforyou: jzbaby, congrats on the weight loss and good luck keeping it off...don't lose sight of your goal.
    :heart: :heart:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Monday all! Today is week 8 day 1 of the P90X program and IT'S RECOVERY WEEK....WooHoo! Instead of completing the Yoga X workout I did the Cardio Recovery workout from the Insanity program.