Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ June '10

Options

Replies

• jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Thanks Barbie!

I actually did not pig out this weekend! WoW that is amazing! lol. I am holding steady at 142.2. Miswell wait til tomorrow to log it since tuesdays are my weigh day. Now if I can just keep this going i'll be good! I havent had much of an appetite lately & I aint complainin!! However, I do admit I havent been exersing again...uggh. Just cant seem to get the two going together...

And choco you are amazing....I seriously don't know how u do it!!!!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I know you won't let one day over get you down. It is amazing how hard it can be on days when we don't do our usual exercise things.

JZ- Gratz on a good weekend.

Choco - Please be careful running in the heat. I know you will have enough water with you, but still be sure you are keeping yourself hydrated. I am so proud of you for street running.

Kizzym - I to am interested in hearing more about your exercises. I hope you got your walking program started.

I've been doing OK with both exercises and food. We swam daily over the weekend and I've been doing my core workout every morning.

Have a great Monday all!

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options

Choco - Please be careful running in the heat. I know you will have enough water with you, but still be sure you are keeping yourself hydrated. I am so proud of you for street running.

Thank for the concern. I didn't realize it was that hot and humid until I got out my car and at that point I didn't want to turn back so I did the best I could but please believe I won't be doing that again. It was stifling out.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So while everybody else is worrying about the heat, I'm still wearing a jacket and gloves and fighting with the wind......will it ever be spring here? Burned lots of calories and ate sensibly today :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Thanks Jam! :flowerforyou:

I ate good today, came in under my calories and that barely ever happens. Still dont have much of an appetite, which is good since I havent been working out. Its just so hot now & its making me not want to do it, well that plus laziness. I want to start walking daily since the weather is nice now. Barbie I feel bad for you, I would not want to still be in the cold right now!! It's supposed to rain here tomorrow...uggghhh..

Thinking about trying out a zumba class, anyone been to one before?? :huh:

*edit~So glad to see my ticker getting higher again!! yay! :happy: :wink: :drinker:
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello all,

It's been a good day so far starting with Gut and But exercises and ending with weeding my one flower bed. I even have enough calories for dessert! Woot, woot!

Good happy thoughts to all,

JAM
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    right now i only do walking and do the jillian michaels 30 day slimdown which consists of three of her videos it's 30 day shred, no more trouble zones, and burn fast, boost metabolism

here's info about the bodybugg

The bodybugg® is the most accurate device on the market today for measuring calorie expenditure outside of a clinical setting.

It utilizes a patented process for interpreting calorie burn called "sensor fusion" developed by BodyMedia, Inc. This process involves collecting a range of body-data using multiple physiological sensors instead of a single sensor, which is what other calorie estimation devices such as pedometers and heart rate monitors rely on. It's this multi-sensor approach that enables bodybugg® to "see" the wearer's context (whether they are sitting, sleeping, jogging, walking, etc.) that makes bodybugg® such a reliably accurate device for calorie expenditure estimation.

The Physiological Sensors
    Here is a list of the sensors in the bodybugg® followed by a short description of how they contribute to energy expenditure estimation.

Accelerometer - The accelerometer in bodybugg® is a tri-axis micro-electro-mechanical sensor (MEMS) device that measures motion. This motion can be mapped to forces (g-force) exerted on the body. By taking gravity and motion into account along with the other sensor data, the wearer's body context and true level of physical exertion can be accurately predicted.
    Heat Flux - The bodybugg® also contains a proprietary heat flux sensor located on the side that measures the amount of heat being dissipated by the body via a thermally resistant material. In short, this sensor measures how much heat the wearer's body is giving off. Heat flux is an important parameter because the body tends to heat up the faster it burns calories.
    Galvanic Skin Response - Better known as GSR, this sensor is comprised of two "hypo-allergenic" stainless steel electrodes on the back of the armband that measure skin conductivity. Skin conductivity is how much an electrical current can pass between two points on the surface of the skin and is affected by sweat due to physical exertion as well as emotional stimuli such as psychological stress.
    Skin Temperature - Skin temperature is measured by using a highly accurate thermistor-based sensor located on the back of the bodybugg®. Looking at continuous measurement of skin temperature in conjunction with data collected from the other sensors can reveal the body's core temperature trends which are affected by the level of a person's physical exertion or lack thereof.
    The data these 4 sensors collect, in conjunction with the wearer's specific body parameters (age, gender, height, weight) enable the most accurate estimation of energy expenditure on the market today outside of a clinical setting.
  • butterfly08uk
    Options
    HI all

I am only 5' tall and have 7lbs left to lose

I am using the Wii and the EA Active 30 day challenge along with a treadmill at home on wet days (Ireland in the South)
    and walks outdoors with my partner John at weekends.

I am down 3lbs so far but need to exercise more. I have my calories down to 1200 a day but I work sitting at a computer all day...
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    I am 5'3" and have a long way to go. I have been pacing myself 2lbs a month is what I have been working twords so that is what I will continue to shoot for since it has been working. I would like to join the group there are times when I need the support to continue.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome Butterfly and Jlclarke! I'm glad you found us and I look forward to getting to know you both better.

Kizzy - Thanks for the info on the bodybugg. I will have to check out the website.

I finally weighed in under 150 lbs. (149.8) I am so excited to have a new middle number and I admit I haven't weighted under 150 in 12-13 years. It is motivating in it's self.

Have to make this short as I am at work.

JAM
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    *Hey Ladies..I've been keeping my eating under control, so I am looking forward to this tuesday's weigh-in. I'll prob take a peek tomorrow to see how I am doing. I hope I can have another healthy weekend. BTW, Did anybody watch "The Doctors" today when they were talking about Sodium? Pudding has more than Bacon?? I would have never thought that!

*Jam-Great Job on getting under 150!!! You should be excited!! :happy: :happy:

*Welcome Butterfly & Jlclarke :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Kizzy, thanks for the info about Bodybugg......it sounds like the kind of techno gadget that I'd love to have.....pricey but very tempting.

:flowerforyou: JAM, congrats on getting under 150

:flowerforyou: jzbaby, keeping your eating under control is a huge accomplishment.....I didn't see the show about sodium but I'm not surprised that there are some sodium demons lurking.......Since I've stayed away from processed and packaged food and rarely eat in restaurants, I've found that sodium has stopped being a problem for me......MFP has taught me a lot about reading labels, and posting food before I eat it.

:flowerforyou: Butterfly & Jlclarke, welcome to the thread

:drinker: today was line dance class and beautiful weather for walking with the dogs at the park and since DH is gone for the day I've been on the exercise bike riding while watching TV and burning a bunch of calories.......my reward for burning a lot of calories is a bit of almond butter and an apple for a snack.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: have a great weekend :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy, Happy Saturday all! I've been up since 4:30 am for no particular reason at all except I couldn't sleep. So at 4:30 I was searching the internet trying to put together my 2011 vacation. My aunt (only 2 years older than me) and I were discussing the possibility of taking a Mediterranean cruise next summer earlier in the day so I decided to do some preliminary work to see what it would cost. While the trip would be a little pricey I believe it would be well worth it. Since I've only cruised on Carnival I decided to check out Royal Caribbean and they have a 7 day cruise departing from Barcelona, Spain and going to the following ports: Provence, France; Nice, France; Florence/Pisa; Italy, Rome; Italy, Naples, Italy and one day at sea before returning to Barcelona. I really hope I can make this European vacation happen but of course it will depend on $$$$. Once I completed the research I decided to get up and get the workout in.

Today is week 8 day 6 of the P90X program which is suppose to be Yoga but you know the routine I switched it up w/another dvd. I decided to complete the Cardio Core & Balance dvd from the Insanity program. I really like this workout. Once the workout was complete, I made a very yummy banana and chocolate protein shake. I then showered and headed out the door to the mechanic so my car could be serviced. I have since returned home and realized that I accomplished a lot this morning and it's not even 9 am......LOL.

My car is still at the mechanic so I'll be laying low until this afternoon but once he brings the car back I'm suppose to head to a bbq.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jam: Congrats at getting under 150 lbs. Keep up the great work and you'll be at your ultimate goal before you realize it.

Jzbaby: Glad to learn you're getting the eating under control. Stay focused b/c you don't want the summer to pass you by and you look back and say I coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Barbiecat: I know if i could get the processed food piece under control and eat cleaner my body would be a lot toner especially my abs. Don't get me wrong I'm happy w/my results thus far but know that if I could get a better handle on the food I'd be much further along in the process.
  • kizzym
    Options
    on the bodybugg on being too pricey i'm sure you can get a used one for a lot less than brand new...i got mine used

yesterday i went to bookman's to look for a few gifts for a few of my fave men in my life right now...4 including an 8 year old, 9 year old...and 6 year old along with a 39 year old in which i'm very much in love with right now....still working on getting with him...so i bought an xbox controller for the original xbox console and i also looked in the fitness videos for the p90 that i saw there a couple days ago...unfortunately it was no longer there :cry: ....i did see a few that i wanted to get but i couldn't afford it was the entire set of the jillian michaels the biggest winner set...but i decided to get the jillian michaels the biggest winner cardio kickbox video along with george foreman's walk and box....i never tried the jillian michaels cardio kickbox before but i have tried the george foreman and i loved that.....i'll add it to my regular exercise routine next week
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

DD and I started the day with our first Tia Chi class at the Y. I wanted to make it to a spinning class, but just couldn't get it together in time. Lap swim is right after Tai Chi, so next week we will bring our suits and hit the pool after class. I think the class will be good for DD.

We spent the rest of the day shopping for dresses for a wedding next weekend. I could not believe how UGLY most of the dresses were. I ended up finding a really cute dress for $15.00 at Wal-Mart that was nicer than everything at the mall. I don't like Wal-Mart, but I went there for plants. Since Wal-Mart is out in the mountains where we live their plants do better.

If it cools off after dinner we are going to bring the dogs for a walk.

Choco - That cruise sounds wonderful. I hope it works out for you.
    Kizzy - Men at any age are hard to shop for. Good luck.
    JZ - Good luck for the rest of the weekend with your food intake. Remember I will be thinking of you through out the day and wondering if you're doing well.
    Barbie - I just realized our Y has a line dance. I might check it out. DD, DS and I are going to try as many classes as we can to see what we really like.

Welcome to all newbies!

JAM
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd do a mid-month check in... saw the challenge post and realized that I have burned 1500+ calories this week (somehow). I feel like MFP overestimates calories burned but I figure as long as the amount keeps going up, does the actual number matter? The last couple of weeks have been SO busy and if I could exercise this week (and in this HEAT!) I can definitely keep going. :)

Question for all of you shorties (I may have asked this before): anyone know of a good place to buy a good sports bra? I am a DDD (yes, that is THREE D's) and so I can't just go anywhere. Tried both Lane Bryant and Dillard's today with no luck... the Dillard's one fit but was practically impossible to get on once I got everything adjusted for "petiteness" everywhere *except* the cup area! So... back to square one. I'm doing a Conservative C25K... going to start running in a few weeks and I can't do it without a good bra!
  • kizzym
    Options
    i went to toys r us.....for the boys in my life and i knew what i was getting the main one that's having a party today because i asked him for a few suggestions...i got what he wanted plus some others that i know what he likes..i got him the last airbender aang toy along with that big animal they ride on the cartoon...along with the undertaker wrestling doll to go with the wrestling ring set that i got one of the other boys...i got each of the boys 2 wrestling dolls to have fun with...so yeah i knew as soon as i seen the wrestling toys section what i was going to get each boy...I LOVE watching wrestling...and i always go to their house on monday nights at least to watch it.....i went to the wrestlemania this year in which it was here in phoenix where i live...it was the one where shawn michaels and the undertaker fought each other.....it was michaels last wrestling event since it was the "CAREER (SHAWN MICHAELS) VS THE STREAK (UNDERTAKER)....
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Thanks ladies for your concern....got off track this weekend <<kicks self in the *kitten*!!!>>
    Choco- I dont want to be saying coulda woulda shoullda, u are right. I keep trying to remind myself of that!!!
    I feel like I need to get some type of exericise in now!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Question for all of you shorties (I may have asked this before): anyone know of a good place to buy a good sports bra? I am a DDD (yes, that is THREE D's) and so I can't just go anywhere. Tried both Lane Bryant and Dillard's today with no luck... the Dillard's one fit but was practically impossible to get on once I got everything adjusted for "petiteness" everywhere *except* the cup area! So... back to square one. I'm doing a Conservative C25K... going to start running in a few weeks and I can't do it without a good bra!
    Melody - I see those sizes in our local Wal-Marts and Targets. Another idea is to look for them on line. Do a search for 'sports bra DDD' & 'your city'. Also, you may be able to order online and have it shipped to a local store for you. When are you starting c25k? DD still is under doctor's orders not to start running again yet. She is up to walking 2 miles a day, so once she can run we will all start training for a 5k race.

I got up early and have already done the Gut & But exercises and walked 2 miles with the dogs. It is so hot here that you have to get the dogs out by 8AM or it is too hot for them and us. Some evening cool off, but some don't.

We are off to Santa Fe for a family cookout with the meat eater / vegeterian parts of the family, so the food choices should be interesting and plenty of both.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I am posting late today b/c I've been one busy lady. My day began w/me getting the workout in at 7:30 this morning. This is my third week running on the streets of GA and it's not getting easier yet. I'll admit that today was not nearly as brutal as last week b/c there was a light breeze and it was not as humid. I was able to run the entire time and completed 2.5 miles in 23 minutes. Overall I'm happy w/my time considering i'm a newbie as it relates to running (especially on the street).

After showering and dressing I hit the grocery store to complete my weekly shopping, returned home and made dinner (spaghetti: ground turkey breast, whole wheat pasta and sauce w/green, red, yellow and orange peppers and a spinach salad). After making dinner I washed and folded clothes and ironed my clothes for the work week.

Now that everything is taken care of I can chill out for the remainder of the day.

Jzbaby: I wish I had a good plan of attack for you on weekends but you're gonna have to figure that out if that's what is keeping you from attaining your goals. Perhaps if you know you're eating is going to be off track you could really increase your cardio so you can have a decent number of calories to use. Good luck. The summer officially begins but it will be over before we know it.......NO REGRETS!