30 Day Shred...yes another one

Options

Replies

• JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    Will be doing Day 10 Level 1 Tomorrow when I get home from work :smile:
    Can not wait for level 2. Level 1, after my first round going 9 days, then finishing all 10days in level 1 this round, is almost way to easy for me :noway:

I hope Level 2 puts me in PAIN :mad:

:laugh:
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing??? I have lost an inch from my hips and waist! I noticed this morning my waist looked a little trim so I measure those two before I had to run out of the door. Hope everyone else is doing great. I ordered Insanity and might be insane for doing so. Going to do 5 more days of Lvl 1 before switching to lvl 2.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Have a question for those with devices that monitor caloric burn: do you notice as the days pass on one level your calorie burn isn't as high as it was on day one? I started at 140 and just now it was 104. It lost sync for a little but but I couldn't re sync b I had weights in my hands so idk it couldn't have been that long. Ill track again tomorrow but just curious. Thanks!

Are you putting in the same amount of effort each day? Are you really fit already? I use a Polar FT7 and my calorie burn is around 300 for L1. I'm still in the obese category weight wise and this is my first exercise in 2 years so I assume that's why my burn is so high.

I just completed D6L1 today. I'm still doing modified push-ups and when she jump ropes, I march in place and engage my arms as she instructs.

I am heavy in the mid section but pretty toned elsewhere. I don't really breath hard after lvl 1 so I think my body just caught up. Prob time to move on but...I am too scared truth be told!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    just posted this morning .. one of my challenges for June : )
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Day 13 Level 3.......Am really getting pleased with the way my body is shaping up......but still find I have to take a deep breath and say just turn on the dvd.......but before you know it, it is over and you are so proud that you are meeting your goal......bring on tomorrow....
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Today was Day 19, level 2. I took my measurements for level 2 since I only have 1 day left. I've lost 5.5 inches so far since the end of Level 1, can't wait to see what Level 3 does.
  • heather4949
    Options
    Just completed day 15 still on level 3.......feeling really great......my husband never compliments me where weight is concerned....he thinks I am already beautiful.....but he said, gee how much weight have you lost.......unfortunately, I haven't lost any weight, in fact put in on....but my appearance says something totally different.....so will go with that instead of the scales.....see you all tomorrow...
  • jen6278
    jen6278 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 1 of Level 3 and it is a welcome change! For some reason this workout seems to fly by much faster than Level 2 did. The addition of all the jumps definitely add a challenge, but that just means plenty of room for growth in the next 10 days, right? :wink: I have not taken any measurements but notice a real difference in my core strength and the tone in my abs. Now that I am at Level 3 I really understand the progression of the moves - I feel SO much stronger than when I started, and that was my primary goal.
  • jen6278
    Options
    I love this workout and am glad to have found this forum. I just completed Day 6 of Level 2 today, I can feel a lot of improvement since I started! I am a runner and thought I was in really good shape... then I started working out with Jillian and I know I wasn't! I like how you can see improvement within each Level. I think there is a big increase in difficulty from Level 1 to Level 2, so when I began Level 2 I was doing some of the modiifcations. Now, 6 days in I am not using any modifications. I've been doing it every day, with 1 rest day in between levels and some "forced rest" for when I have work travel scheduled and do not plan to put hand weights in my suitcase!

My only criticism is that by now I know all the words by heart! Anyone else tired of "Don't phone it in?" :smile:
    Funny! I thought I was the only one. But, it does make me think about whether I"m trying my hardest. Im on day 3 level 2. Level 1 was not bad for me but 2 is killing me. If I don't do it in the morning, it won't get done. I am determined to finish this time! Way to go Pals!

This is true! Many times I've thought about just muting the sound and listening to music, but Jillian's reminders DO help (esp when it comes to maintaining good form). They just happen to be a LITTLE repetitive...
  • Copywritten1988
    Copywritten1988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am now on Day 2 of the 30 day shred. I thought I'd be excited and interested since it's something new. I have been using the Biggest Loser Cardio dvd for a while now and became bored. Instead the interval training has run me ragged. Is anyone else aggravated by getting on and off of the floor?
  • heatherlauren27
    Options
    Starting this today! Excited to see the results!
  • heather4949
    Options
    Day 16 level 3........I too fine that level 3 really flies and before you know it you are cooling down......I do sweat, so must be working out, but fine level 3 much more enjoyable.....see you all tomorrow...
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I just finished 30 Day Shred Level 2 Day 14. I am about half way finished. I lost only another 1/2 in waist, but total 5 inches so far. I still have only lost 2 pounds since starting this, but I think I am having constipation and water retention due to muscle repair to replace fat. That is always good. Hopefully, I will see some more pounds lost soon.
  • heather4949
    Options
    Day 18 level 3.....still going...
  • Littlesmile
    Littlesmile Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ok 30DS level 1 starting again .....
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    Congrats! Keep going. I am on Day 16. I have lost my water retention and seeing my pounds going down again. I have lost another pound. I am very happy.
  • jen6278
    Options
    Day 4, Level 3!

Question for those of you doing this - what are your plans to maintain when you've finished the 30 days? I really want to keep seeing these great improvements in my fitness but at the same time don't want to do this DVD every morning for the rest of my life!
  • kcamp79
    kcamp79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 lvl 1 but I must take a break..my calves are killing me so I am thinking about walking instead of continuing the shred. I wish I could continue today because I am so excited for the results but my muscles say other wise. GREAT THREAD!!!
  • carmentownes
    carmentownes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anyone starting day one? I am gonna do this tonight after work. Doesn't look half bad.
  • charleyboots
    Options
    Level 1 day 3 for me and loving it so far