30 Day Shred...yes another one

Options

Replies

• AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I did shred about 6 months ago...and yesterday just started level 2 day 1..... and OMG i forgot how tough it is !!! not looking forward to today lol...By day 4-5 i should feel much stronger, cant wait.
  • Itscrunchtime
    Options
    Hey There! I totally here ya on that. I tried Jillian's 30 day shred several times and never got around to doing more than 2 days in a row and would just pick it up here and there. However, on May 1st a group of 3 ladies, myself included, started her shred. It's the 24th day and yes, I've skipped a couple days here and there, but we made it through level 1 in 10 days (skipping the weekend) and now we're on level 2. We're going to stay on level 2 until the group thinks we should move on. We are probably going to do the shred for a couple of months! There's no reason to stop! Good luck and definitely find someone who will start it with you. Or you can count on me to keep you accountable because I'm doing it also, just started at a different time. Wanna add me as a friend?
  • huggie1224
    huggie1224 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! There have been so many wonderful things said here about this workout- I'm starting tomorrow. Can't wait to begin cursing Jilllian! I know those side lunges are going to kill me :smile:
  • Fit_Natasha
    Fit_Natasha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am on the Level 3 now (3rd day) and it seems like it is easier with strength, but harder with cardio. I did skipped some days (days when I have advanced Pilates class or long runs). I personally didn't lose any weight (that's why I am registering here), but the body overall got really toned. It gives nice definition to your back and shoulders. I just ordered her Ripped workout (it will probably take a month before it will be delivered to Dubai), but have intention to continue 30 Days. I did cheat on the days when I was too tired to do Level 2 or 3, and just went back to Level 1 couple days, figuring out it still better than totally skipping work out. How are you all logging it into your exercise? I am entering 200 cal, but not sure if I am correct and since I am not losing any weight would like to know the precise calorie burn from JM workout. Thanks for help/
  • Lowaann
    Lowaann Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have managed 3 out of 5 days......work days are a bit of a challenge if it is bath night for our toddler. So....I figure if I do 5 out of 7 days along with some good cardio I should be good. I am already noticing some improvements!
  • BigAndyT
    BigAndyT Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    what do you put into mfp exercise for the 30 day shred, how many cals is one workout?
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I just finished 30 Day Shred Day 4 Level 1 ! I am determined. My Zumba instructor commented about me looking like I lost weight. Only 2.5 pounds so far, from 148 to 145.5, but I think inches shrinking is more apparent. I am only 5' 3", so every pound looks like a lot more also.
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I put in 13 minutes of cardio with jumping jacks, jump rope, and punching bag. That is 108 calories. Then, I put in abdominal crunches, chest flies, and some others for strength training. It is not just calories to deduct, but the strength training with the weights really helps. Every bit of muscle added helps burn more fat. I only use 2.5 pounds now, but look to moving up to 5 pounds in another 10 days or so.
  • Bons92
    Bons92 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm new in myfitnesspaland need more info about how you do this Shred
    I'll try to be in for sure
    I have 25 lb to shred:):wink:
  • Maggsbie
    Maggsbie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred? how can I start?
  • Bons92
    Bons92 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am starting it tomorrow and would like to see I anyone else Is starting? I could def use the support to keep at it as I tend to give up on these things. Thanks!

What is that shred thing HELP I'm new:sad:
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It's a workout DVD, but you can also find the workouts on You Tube. Its a progressive workout and has 3 levels. Supposedly, you do 10days at each level. The levels get harder as you progress. I just did Level 3. Day 1 last night! It's tough, but I LOVE IT! I bought my DVD off Amazon, and it was only about $14! That includes shipping!
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This looks interesting. May have to start this on Monday. Need to challenge myself. Thanks
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5. It's good to read these posts. Didn't know you did 10 days per each level. We'll see.
  • mjlong
    mjlong Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred? how can I start?

It's a jillian michaels video, you can get it off youtube or buy it. It's a great all body work out in under 30 mins
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 2........I seem to be sweating more and getting more energy to do the shred.......does that mean I am getting stronger. Felt quite sick when I finished.....so am giving it my all......See you all tomorrow
  • Zerie
    Zerie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started today...
    Wish me luck!

[I got the DVD because I don't like feeling restricted when I travel.]
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    what do you put into mfp exercise for the 30 day shred, how many cals is one workout?
    I log it as 27 minutes of circuit training!
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You can buy the DVD at Wal-Mart for under 10 bucks....I got mine on kindle from Amazon for $6....today I completed level 1 day 9...I'm planning on doing each level for 10 days straight then rest day then continue...there's a group on here that just started this month most are barely getting to level 2....add me if you like!!!! :)
  • Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I completed D3L1 yesterday. I really didn't want to do it but I did feel better after I was done. I didn't do it today because my back was really sore from working (probably should have anyway). So I will do D4L1 tomorrow. I also haven't added any weight yet but plan on that for tomorrow as well. I have bad knees so this is challenging but not impossible. I am enjoying it and made it through the entire routine with only a couple of breaks on D3 so that keeps me motivated as well. Keep up the good work everyone!