30 Day Shred...yes another one

Options

Replies

• Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have just started this this morning, well.... only managed 12 mins!! i am seriously out of shape man!! going for a swim tonite, and tomorrow see if i can get to 15 mins!! wish me luck!

My first day was yesterday and I stopped halfway through also. We can do it though we just have to keep trying!
  • Dena216
    Dena216 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm going to try it today. The ripped in 30 was rough on me but I tried it about 2 months ago. My knees seem a little better since then as I've been running and doing other workouts daily. I'll pay close attention to what she says about the knees when I do the workout today.
  • arniemc
    arniemc Posts: 210
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 Level 1. Not sure how many times a week I should do this. Any ideas?

Whatever you feel comfortable with! I didn't want to do it this morning bc my armpits are so sore-of all things really?? But now that I have completed Day 2 they're not sore any longer. If you feel comfortable working out through the pain do it but if you need a day take it! :) Good work on day 1!
  • arniemc
    Options
    I will do Day 2 tonight in our camper. We are camping now & doing Jumping Jacks in a camper scares me -- but I'll do it with the curtains closed.
    PS Thanks for your response.
    Arlene
  • arniemc
    Options
    I will do Day 2 tonight in our camper. We are camping now & doing Jumping Jacks in a camper scares me -- but I'll do it with the curtains closed.
    PS Thanks for your response.
    Arlene
    Did it!!!!!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd round, just did day 12 today :)
  • starselliexoxo
    Options
    is it weird that my calculations say I burn only 140calories on level 2 (125lbs 5feet) and I'm sweating like a pig but walking for half an hour for a moderate pace burns more? Aha
  • MrsEdge928
    MrsEdge928 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started on the 20th, I've tried to get through it 3 times before but I lose motivation every time. but so far so good, and I don't know why but I am WAY more sore this time around!!! would love others to add me if ya want :-)
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am motivated to give this a try if I can get the istant stream from Amazon to download. I live in China (I'm American) and the Internet can be a little slow sometimes. I've seen some of the before and after pictures and I want that body!

Was reading some reviews and several people hurt themselves doing these DVDs. That makes me a little nervous. I'm in pretty good shape cardio wise but really need to tone my entire body. In other words, I don't want to lose pounds but inches.

Do you really do the same workout everyday for 10 days? I thought we were supposed to rest in between. Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated.
  • zmeplay
    zmeplay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am excited to try this. I did her yoga meltdown and liked it. I hope this feels as good.
    Add me so we can track the progress :smile:
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Day 3.....level 2 for me........today the 20minutes seemed to go forever.......but thrilled when it is over and Jillian says "Great Job, your on your way to a sculpture body....Great Job !!!!!...
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am motivated to give this a try if I can get the istant stream from Amazon to download. I live in China (I'm American) and the Internet can be a little slow sometimes. I've seen some of the before and after pictures and I want that body!

Was reading some reviews and several people hurt themselves doing these DVDs. That makes me a little nervous. I'm in pretty good shape cardio wise but really need to tone my entire body. In other words, I don't want to lose pounds but inches.

Do you really do the same workout everyday for 10 days? I thought we were supposed to rest in between. Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated.

For anyone interested, I'm planning on doing it over 38 or so days, so I can have two recovery days per week (muscles need it!). Something along the lines of every 4th and 7th day take a rest. I'm going to do lev 1 day 2 today. I'm planning on 10 workout days for each level, but I might re-think this closer to the end of the first level.

The link to level 1 is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

Just FYI for those wondering about watching it on TV vs computer. I have a small notebook that I watch it on in my living room because the youtube on my TV takes forever to load! I plug my notebook into my portable speaker so the sound fills the room (since the picture doesnt!) haha.
  • Hallzeehall
    Hallzeehall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am in...going to do it right now as a matter of fact...had several bad days I am looking to forget about and hopefully this will help!
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 2 Level 1. (Girlie) pushups are okay, but the shoulder presses and lifts are BRUTAL for me. I'm using 1.5L bottles as weights. Can't wait for these to feel better!! haha. :D
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Stats:
    waist: 29
    hips: 39
    bicep: 11

D1L1
    Enjoyable and challenging, I know "you don't get to rest", but I did rest, so maybe I should repeat day one.
    The most difficult part for me are the abs, my form is not good and I can feel myself using my neck. I am not sure how to fix this on my own.

I really like Jilliane and have not cursed at her (yet).
  • NakAttack
    NakAttack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For those of you that cannot make it through the first workout...stick with it...you will get through it someday soon...I PROMISE!

Just wondering what size weights everyone is using? I am using 5 pounders and my arms are taking a beating on Level I!!!!!
  • Dena216
    Options
    I did day 1 level 1 yesterday. Boy i'm sore today. I'll be doing day 2 in a few hours. Already dreading it. I made it through the whole workout.
  • Dena216
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd round, just did day 12 today :)

Wow! You look great. What have you done to lose all that weight? Did you lose a ton of weight each time you did 30 day shred?
  • mirandan731
    mirandan731 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1D3 and feeling more excited than ever. I've done the shred in full 3 years ago but ever since I have tried to pick it up again, I have quit early on. This time will be different since I have an accountability partner (we text each other to make sure we've done our daily dose of 30ds!) and hopefully the community here will help me stay motivated! I'm getting married in less than 6 months now and I want to be back to where I was 3 years ago.
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am usingm 5lbs weight also!