nothing
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Surprise.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I got myself an air popper a few months ago for 15 dollars and it is the best thing ever!! I got it at Target. I melt about a tablespoon of Brummel & Brown yogurt spread and put it on. Then I put a little bit of sea salt on it. Delicious!!
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I use an air popper to pop my corn.

I use a mix of garlic powder and onion powder (neither contain salt), and parmesan cheese. I've tried methods to get the mix to stick, placing under a grill - didn't work but everything was nice and warm; and microwaving - cheese melted into lumps at the bottom and not on the corn so I'll NEVER do that again. But I don't think it matters. Tossed well the little crevices hold enough flavourings and you just pick up a little shred of cheese with a piece of corn. Yum yum.
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Melted peanut butter or cinnamon sugar = yum!
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    chili powder.. its freakin delicious.. try it!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Popcorn has and will always be one of my favorite snacks, I could eat buckets of it. However, I make it in the microwave in a paper bag so it is very dry and rather bland when popped...and salt or other dry toppings don't stick to it. What do you use to top your popcorn without adding mega calories and fat?

Butter. Which is why I don't eat popcorn.
  • houlee
    houlee Posts: 60
    Options
    My husband bought me an air popper when I was going through bags upon bags of microwave popcorn. That little thing has saved us some money since I buy plain kernels now. I mix up chili powder, curry powder, garlic powder, Kernel Seasonings, sriracha, and Mrs. Dash to season it. Not all at once, but depending on what I am craving. Right now the chili powder and Mrs. Dash are my favorite.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of popcorn because it gets stuck in my throat & teeth but I have a weak spot for caramel popcorn, it's awesome. But I have it about once every 8 years!
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Popcorn has and will always be one of my favorite snacks, I could eat buckets of it. However, I make it in the microwave in a paper bag so it is very dry and rather bland when popped...and salt or other dry toppings don't stick to it. What do you use to top your popcorn without adding mega calories and fat?

My mouth.
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I also use Brummel Brown, but find it too watery when melted so we blend in powered butter with 1 T of Brummel Brown until it is a little thicker then put that on. No salt (the powered butter is already rather salty) and this works out well. If we are going to put some other flavoring on we sometimes put on spray butter which claims to be 0 calories but we all know that is only for 1 or 2 sprays.
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    butter cooking spray & sea salt, popped in air popper or bag in microwave
  • betthouston
    betthouston Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Another vote for hot sauce! CRYSTAL hot sauce to be exact.

To make it stick, add a little EVOO to the bag or bowl first, coat thep opcorn and then add Crystal and shake it/mix it up again.

I also *love* to add fresh parmesan, but that's not low fat or fat free. :ohwell:
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    This is going to sound absolutely nasty but I love Heinz Ketchup drizzled over my popcorn because I'm not a fan of butter or salt on it and the seasonings never stick and end up at the bottom of the bowl.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WOW so many great ideas! I never ever thought to try spraying it with butter spray but that is a fantastic idea!! Now I want to go make some :-/
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's not butter spray, 0 calories, then a light dusting of cheddar popcorn seasoning. I use the 100 calorie packs. Makes for a wonderful snack
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    Green tabasco sauce! Low calorie and really tasty. :)
  • Hodgenska
    Hodgenska Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce........

Yes! :)
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    vinegar