Sweet Potato Preparation

Options
124»

Replies

• buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Mine is super basic- but it's yummy! In fact, I did this for lunch yesterday-- you can check my diary and see the nutrition (was about a 5oz potato)

I just poke it a few times and microwave for about 2-3 minutes. Then I cube it up, toss it on a cookie sheet, rub a little olive oil around (coat them lightly) and throw it in the oven (375) for about 10 minutes. When they come out- I sprinkle a touch of salt, put a dollop of non-fat greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) and a chopped up scallion on it. The sweetness of the potato goes nicely with the 'sour' of the yogurt- and the green onion is just because I love onions!!
    ENJOY!

edit: I even took a pic one day because it looked so yummy!
    2z8yhch.jpg
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Every time someone mentions sweet potatoes I immediately think of this epic thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/898529-wat-condiment-do-u-eat-wit-ur-sweet-potato-fries?hl=sweet+potatoes

IM JUS SAYIN
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    8733727264_cdceb46efa_z.jpg

Peeled, chopped, tossed in olive oil then roasted for approx 45min-1hr, then served with walnuts and blue cheese over top.

8753367828_212e5e7244_z.jpg

Made into soup with red curry paste and coconut milk.

Or, just roasted with fennel seeds.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I usually just bake them and then add butter and cinnamon, but I've diced them before and roasted them with sliced sausage. I usually toss the sweet perdaders with olive oil and salt before roasting, but if I were using a lower fat chicken sausage, I might toss the whole thing with a bit of olive oil, that way I can broil it at the end and all of it gets crispy.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I really don't get how people can eat them as a sweet or desert! I think its super werid! not bag it until you try it though i guess

Love making soup out of them too mixed with pumpkin
  • hipop61
    hipop61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I grate them with an onion in food processor and eggs some oil salt and pepper and bake. Sweet potato kugel
  • hipop61
    hipop61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I really don't get how people can eat them as a sweet or desert! I think its super werid! not bag it until you try it though i guess

Love making soup out of them too mixed with pumpkin

I also make orange soup
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Amazing ideas
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Every time someone mentions sweet potatoes I immediately think of this epic thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/898529-wat-condiment-do-u-eat-wit-ur-sweet-potato-fries?hl=sweet+potatoes

IM JUS SAYIN

BAKE EM N DA OVEN