Would you date someone considerably less intelligent?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    When I was single yes but not when looking for anything long term, then again I am not really that intelligent so I was not really eliminating too many options :tongue:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I married a cheerleader..... Nuff said.

I married a football player...nuff said.

I'm seeing a great episode of "Wife Swap" in our future. :bigsmile:

**** yeah! I love Wife Swap.

It cracks me up that they always seem soooo surprised that they were placed with a family that is their complete opposite and drama ensues.
  • vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i personally think my husband is very intelligent more so then I not by much but yes his brain is always going. And i think its hot as hell!!!! He cant do laundry for crap though :).
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    No... because I have before and... just... no. He recommended the Twilight series. I gave him the "Are you serious? You know you're a grown a** man, right?" stinkeye and told him I'd check it out. I read 25% of the first book and dumped him. Best. Decision. Ever.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    No way .... intelligence is sexy! In fact, I'm not adverse to dating someone more educated than I am because I love learning. :bigsmile:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    What do you consider intelligent? I consider common sense/street smarts and being humble far more valuable. I dated a professor who graduated with a PHd from Duke, he was such an elitist that it made him seem stupid. Then I dated a mechanic who 'thought' he was smarter than everyone, ( he was intelligent) but was the biggest loser I ever dated. So there you have it.

i like this i'm not the smartest but i'm loyal to the end if treated right.i have a weird sence of humor that people don't always get it. but with that said i wouldn't date paris hilton "whats wal mart" and "thats not my purse in the limo with drugs" come on shes the poster child of dumb in my books
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    No... because I have before and... just... no. He recommended the Twilight series. I gave him the "Are you serious? You know you're a grown a** man, right?" stinkeye and told him I'd check it out. I read 25% of the first book and dumped him. Best. Decision. Ever.

Bahahahaha!!!!! Fraken Twilight.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Topic: Would you date someone considerably less intelligent?

My wife did, so yeah I'd probably do the same if the opportunity came up.

And by the way I was talking about her FIRST/EX husband :bigsmile:
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    No, I would not. My husband is very smart he got an MA in English and almost finished a Ph.D. in the topic as well. We like to discuss things a lot. He is an amazing writer.
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    I'm not the smartest person in the world and I wouldn't expect someone else to be. I wouldn't need a math whiz but more important would be someone who you can hold a convo with and always keep you thinking. There's a lot of different kinds of smart. :)