Coach Potato to 90 Mins on the Elliptical in 68days

Options

Replies

• THICKandFIT
    THICKandFIT Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I turned 21 a few months ago and I SO know what you mean about changing your drinking habits. I stepped away from the UV/late night partying (it was gross anyway), and have made a few other healthy choices that have helped a lot.

What I think is truly impressive is your radical change in mindset in such a short time span. I believe the battle against the bulge is a lot about what is in your head, and you clearly have your goals in order. Lovely job!
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great job! We're kind of similar in that I'm 6'2" and was at my max weight 283 in January. Coworkers would question jokingly "what are you about 3 bills now?" I've been unable to get into a routine in the past 8 years but I think I hit my stride.

I'm putting off making yet ANOTHER pre workout fat boy pic as I have countless number of these from previous failed attempts. I feel almost stupid asking my wife to do it again because this is IT this time. Also me without a shirt would be embarrassing if anyone I knew saw it. After reading this I guess I might regret not taking pics if my weight loss plan succeeds so I'm doing the pics.

You have any loose skin from losing so much at that rate? That's my biggest concern for myself. I guess if I see it I'll slow down my fat loss. Thanks.
    Pics or it didn't happen :tongue:

Just kidding! That is awesome. It's amazing how much effect changing your drinking habits can have on your health! Feeling healthy makes me not want to drink to excess as often because I don't want to skip a workout from a hang over.

Good luck with the next leg of your journey!

I'm actually mad I didn't take a fat pic... but honestly, I was too embarrassed!!
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yep I am a hot chick....okay a hot mama as my man says.I love your elliptical story.

I just got done doing 30 min. on there. I have done up to 45 min. but my right knee is never happy when I do it. But if you go back to Jan. 2012. I could barely do 5 min. on it. I hated that dumb *kitten* machine.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I bruised my toe so bad (damn chair that I kicked) and I could not do the treadmill. So the trainer said try the elliptical you will still get a decent work out. First thought was I HATE THAT MACHINE!! I got on and started. At 3 min. I was like I am going to die. I said..you can do it for 5 min. I got to 5 min and pushed myself to 7 min. So on and so on. I finally decided at 20 min. I would be done. Then some great music came on and I ended up doing 30 min. By then the knee and toe said we are done..thank you.

So I get the journey. Very proud of you. Keep going you GOT THIS!
  • kpxfiles
    kpxfiles Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You're a great story teller. I'm inspired.
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow! You knocked it out of the park with this post... outstanding would be an understatement. You should pat yourself on the back for being such an inspiration to others! Keep us posted, we're all cheering for ya....:drinker:
  • boipoka72
    boipoka72 Posts: 8
    Options
    you're such an inspiration :) awesome job and keep going until you reach your goal.
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Sure sounds like we are in the same boat my friend. Hitting the stride is easy, and once you see results keeping it going is even easier... I say this, because I hit rock bottom, I couldn't stand to ever say I was 300lbs. I mean I was fat, not large, or big boned, I was Fat. Simple as that. No more excuses, I'm going to the beach this summer in style. Make sure you take pics, and measurements as well. I know my chest went from 57" to 44". I was starting to round out a XXL shirt, now, most XL are surprisingly loose.

It's funny you asked about the extra skin, I was just noticing last night that it isn't an issue.

Keep it going, and inbox me with any questions.
    Great job! We're kind of similar in that I'm 6'2" and was at my max weight 283 in January. Coworkers would question jokingly "what are you about 3 bills now?" I've been unable to get into a routine in the past 8 years but I think I hit my stride.

I'm putting off making yet ANOTHER pre workout fat boy pic as I have countless number of these from previous failed attempts. I feel almost stupid asking my wife to do it again because this is IT this time. Also me without a shirt would be embarrassing if anyone I knew saw it. After reading this I guess I might regret not taking pics if my weight loss plan succeeds so I'm doing the pics.

You have any loose skin from losing so much at that rate? That's my biggest concern for myself. I guess if I see it I'll slow down my fat loss. Thanks.
    Pics or it didn't happen :tongue:

Just kidding! That is awesome. It's amazing how much effect changing your drinking habits can have on your health! Feeling healthy makes me not want to drink to excess as often because I don't want to skip a workout from a hang over.

Good luck with the next leg of your journey!

I'm actually mad I didn't take a fat pic... but honestly, I was too embarrassed!!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Thank you!
    That is how ya do it!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Hey Hot Mama..

My right knee has been bothering me a little, but hey it was bothering me carrying all the extra weight too... .No excuses from me. :P

I'm glad you are doing well, keep it up!!
    Yep I am a hot chick....okay a hot mama as my man says.I love your elliptical story.

I just got done doing 30 min. on there. I have done up to 45 min. but my right knee is never happy when I do it. But if you go back to Jan. 2012. I could barely do 5 min. on it. I hated that dumb *kitten* machine.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I bruised my toe so bad (damn chair that I kicked) and I could not do the treadmill. So the trainer said try the elliptical you will still get a decent work out. First thought was I HATE THAT MACHINE!! I got on and started. At 3 min. I was like I am going to die. I said..you can do it for 5 min. I got to 5 min and pushed myself to 7 min. So on and so on. I finally decided at 20 min. I would be done. Then some great music came on and I ended up doing 30 min. By then the knee and toe said we are done..thank you.

So I get the journey. Very proud of you. Keep going you GOT THIS!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Thank you!! It was kind of a sad story now that I think about it. Glad I saw the error in my ways finally. Looks like you are killing it as well. Keep it Going!!
    You're a great story teller. I'm inspired.
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Thank you!! I appreciate your kind words, and I'll make sure to keep the posts going!!
    Wow! You knocked it out of the park with this post... outstanding would be an understatement. You should pat yourself on the back for being such an inspiration to others! Keep us posted, we're all cheering for ya....:drinker:
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Thank you so Much!!
    you're such an inspiration :) awesome job and keep going until you reach your goal.
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Just a random thought, as opposed to Facebook and everyone snooping, peeping, and talking behind every ones back, this is rather refreshing. Thanks to everyone for the comments!
  • lorimwomack
    Options
    I am so glad that I ran across this blog, I struggle for 10 minutes on the elliptical. What I try to do is listen to music on Pandora via my TV, I go as fast as I can during a song, and slow down to a moderate walk during the song transition. I have only been able to do 3 or 4 songs. Is this doing me any good or do I have to keep a constant fast pace. I want to so badly work up my endurance, not sure how to do it.
  • lorimwomack
    Options
    wow, what an inspiration, I bet you would have never thought someone would say those words to you with your story. I think your journey has been an incredible ride, You should be proud, way to go!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Listen to Metallica, all of their songs are 6-10 mins long... 3 or 4 songs and your work out is done.

I should add that when I started this I was going 4-5 days a week. My legs needed the rest time to recoup. Now I've been trying to hit all 7 days.

Just keep at it and try and add a minute or so each day. In a month you'll be killing it !!
    I am so glad that I ran across this blog, I struggle for 10 minutes on the elliptical. What I try to do is listen to music on Pandora via my TV, I go as fast as I can during a song, and slow down to a moderate walk during the song transition. I have only been able to do 3 or 4 songs. Is this doing me any good or do I have to keep a constant fast pace. I want to so badly work up my endurance, not sure how to do it.
  • kevinindelaware
    Options
    Thank You!! Way to make my morning :P
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! AMAZING WORK!!!
  • kshilliard
    kshilliard Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great Job...I love inspiring stories:) You gotta pat yourself on the back because it keeps you going:) Confidence is always a good thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!