Anyone done Slim Fast?

Options
124»

Replies

• bonniecarbtoo
    Options
    I did Slim Fast every now in then, long ago, before they changed the formula and made it nasty.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Read the label... you're better off with supplementing whey protein shakes. So... many... carbs...
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I drink them when I am too busy to have a decent breakfast. Otherwise, try to limit them.
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've done the slim fast thingy, probably sometime back in the early 90's when it was fairly new and pretty popular. i don't remember sticking to it for any length of time, i think it was because all i could think about was food lol

these days i'm eating mostly whole foods, but i do supplement with whey protein almost every evening. 2 scoops protein, 1/4c. almond milk and 3 frozen strawberries in my mini food processor makes some kickazz protein ice cream and i enjoy it. and i love ice cream but it's not a part of my cheat day anymore because i like this so much.

i've also done whey protein shakes blended with dry oats, almond milk, bananas, etc

if i'm in a pinch and have to have the convenience of bottled/canned supplement i would probably choose EAS, Muscle Milk, etc as they usually have less sugar and way more protein than Slim Fast. I also have protein bars now and again.
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Fat2FitQueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    well walmart sells the equate (store brand) ultra weight loss shakes they are awesome & you get 6 cans for under 5 bucks I put a can in my magic bullet with 1/2 cup of frozen fruit & 1/2 cup of ice plus 3 splendas & njoy oh they carry vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ( let me know if you try them)
  • mistyme
    mistyme Posts: 26
    Options
    I found better and lasting success in just making smarter food choices, moderation, and a ton of exercise.