APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?!

Options

Replies

• Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I am willing but read posts about all brands not being created equal and I notice Bragg is a brand being recommended but what if I can't find it. Any other brands I should look for, I have a target, Walmart, Ralph's, staterbros, albertsons, Von's, Walgreen, rite aid, cvs near me if that helps
    Bragg is available on amazon I sadly have only used brags so I have no idea. Try health food stores like sprouts if you have one or a vitamin store.
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    I love the taste but using the tablets now as worried about damaging my teeth with the acid.
    Tablets?? pills right the problem some people have with the pills is they can sit in the throat and burn there. The liquid just drink with a straw passes the teeth safely. And always water it down. Your not drinking a lot no more than a table spoon at a time. It watered down its probably less bad for the teeth than cola.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of AVC, i put a tbs. in crystal lite and drink it every now and then or a cucumber salad. I also use it as a face toner and hair rinse. I have found all apple cider vinegar's are not the same, I picked a cheap one up from walmart and it was so strong and vinegary. All of the organic one's I've tried with the mother have a much milder apple juice type taste. Much more easier to stomach.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    YES! APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?! YES! YES! YES!
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    I love the taste of AVC, i put a tbs. in crystal lite and drink it every now and then or a cucumber salad. I also use it as a face toner and hair rinse. I have found all apple cider vinegar's are not the same, I picked a cheap one up from walmart and it was so strong and vinegary. All of the organic one's I've tried with the mother have a much milder apple juice type taste. Much more easier to stomach.
    I second the cucumber trick. Health trick or not soaking cucumbers in vinegar is excellent
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Trim Healthy Mama by Pearl Barnett and Serene Allison has a recipe for an ACV drink that's supposed to help suppress appetite and increase metabolism... I've drank it for a few weeks now and it seems to work, though it may be in my head. I've also noticed clearer skin and less of a 'sweat' smell during workouts when I drink it daily. I've read up on it quite a bit, and it seems there may be something to the supposed weight loss benefits, though it's over long term. Also, people used it hundreds of years ago for weight loss...
    The drink recipe, if anyone else wants to try, is below. It's a taste to get used too but can be really refreshing. The ginger is supposed to help digestion and upset tummies, among other things.

2 T. apple cider vinegar (preferably raw, I use Bragg's)
    1 t. ground ginger
    Sweetener to taste (I use stevia. Honey would probably be good too)
    1 quart ice water
    Just mix and drink. The ginger tends to sink to the bottom, I put it in a water bottle and give it a shake before I sip. :)
  • colortheworld
    Options
    Bragg's is available at most Kroger's in the health food section or at Walmart.
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    Ohh heeellll nahhhhh That stuff is Nasty with a capital Nast!!! I tried marinating some skirt steak with that stuff and Blaaahh it Smells bad too!:sick:

I use it as a fruit fly trap when my kids hide half eaten apples or whatever somewhere. Put some Apple Cider Vinegar in a cup, add a tablespoon of unscented hand or dish soap, stir it up. Fruit Flies land in it from their attraction to Cider and sink to the body from the soap reducing surface tension.

I don't eat it, never have been a fan of anything with obvious vinegar flavor. Its ok as a marinade for chicken with other ingredients but plain in water.. no way.
  • colortheworld
    Options
    I am willing but read posts about all brands not being created equal and I notice Bragg is a brand being recommended but what if I can't find it. Any other brands I should look for, I have a target, Walmart, Ralph's, staterbros, albertsons, Von's, Walgreen, rite aid, cvs near me if that helps

I found Heinz brand at Walmart that is raw and unfiltered. Better that way, should say it has "the Mother"
  • colortheworld
    Options
    i live in a rural area that is heavily wooded and work outside, taking apple cider vinegar is one of the only ways i can keep the bugs away from me. i can't stand the taste of it so i buy it in capsules.

Didn't know this was a benefit. Gonna test the theory when I'm at the lake on vacation with my family. See who gets bit and who doesn't. :)
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If you get a good quality brand like Bragg that has the mother at the bottom then it is very beneficial for your health. I drink a T a day straight and then drink something after to wash away the taste. I haven't noticed anything different weight wise but i have noticed that my skin is clearer and my sweat is less strong (TMI--sorry)
  • colortheworld
    Options
    If you get a good quality brand like Bragg that has the mother at the bottom then it is very beneficial for your health. I drink a T a day straight and then drink something after to wash away the taste. I haven't noticed anything different weight wise but i have noticed that my skin is clearer and my sweat is less strong (TMI--sorry)

Same here. Nice for when you're working out in public. Lol.
  • Lola824
    Lola824 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tablespoons every day, it is very healthy for you! I use Braggs, the only way to benefit from ACV is to use the kind with the mother at the bottom.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options

I found Heinz brand at Walmart that is raw and unfiltered. Better that way, should say it has "the Mother"

Thank u! :)
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bragg is available on amazon I sadly have only used brags so I have no idea. Try health food stores like sprouts if you have one or a vitamin store.

I do have a sprout. Thanks
  • m1nd_body_spirit
    Options
    Bump
  • Project9
    Project9 Posts: 135
    Options
    I heard ACV is good for lowering cholesterol
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Thinl ACV has become the latest diet fad item. Used to never see them in gnc, vitamin shop stores until a few months ago...
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    Thinl ACV has become the latest diet fad item. Used to never see them in gnc, vitamin shop stores until a few months ago...

Not true my mom use to do this in the 80s fad or not it is not new, and she learned it from her grandmother. It has plenty of supposive health benefits. Usually home remedies work in one way or another. Chicken soup was a home remedy, and people said well that's just unproven tradisional Medicine, why even bother. Now study's show nutrients in chicken bones help fight a cold. Usually people use to not have a Walgreens on every corner. And had to do with what they had. Some home remedies are not as great as they claim to be, yet some seem to live up to the hype. ACV seems to help people who use it. So no harm foul I say. The more studies they do I am certain not every claim will live up to the hype but I'm sure enough will over the many different uses that makes it a good enough gamble until then to try.
  • beyondmywildestdreams
    Options
    Looking for some information on ACV!